Fed-up Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have blown up about refereeing blunders with coach Steve Folkes declaring the eight NRL finals coaches should be "nervous" about a potential refereeing fiasco.

So fed up are the Bulldogs, the club cannot even be bothered complaining to referees coach Robert Finch.

This week's NRL referee review admitted video referee Graeme West bungled with Andrew Ryan's no-try against Manly last Friday night – a try that would have given the Dogs victory.

The same review panel conceded the previous week that a Bulldogs forward pass for a try against Brisbane was not, in fact, forward.

Going into Sunday's away match against Penrith, Folkes is hoping refereeing mistakes do not creep into the finals.

"It (refereeing) is a difficult job but they know that when they take it on," Folkes said.

"At least expect them to get the crucial decisions right – and a try is a crucial decision.

"We've had two disallowed tries in two weeks which the referees' report has later said were tries.

"That has cost us at least two competition points.

"I think all coaches of finals teams will be a little nervous over the next month given the decisions that have been made over the past few weeks."

The NRL referee review claimed Ryan's no-try should have been deemed "benefit of the doubt" and then awarded.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad called Ryan's no-try "extremely disappointing", adding: "The week before we had a try pulled back from a forward pass which wasn't.

"We might not have won that match (against Brisbane) but it happened early and could have changed the landscape of the match. We found out later that decision was wrong too.

"We talked about approaching the NRL officially. But it's got to a point where you don't think it's going to result in anything.

Asked was it in the "why bother" category, he replied: "That's fair enough to say."

NRL referees assistant coach Bill Harrigan said his troops were desperately trying to eradicate any errors.

"Coaches can be a little nervous about what may or may not happen, but there's no point – it is out of their control. There's no point worrying about it," Harrigan said.

"The referees and video referees are striving to do the best they can."

from the telecrap

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Fire UP FOLKESY...:D :D

He is right though, I agree that we have been dudded, especially last week, stupid decision cost us the match, and we have every right to complain.

Here's hoping the refs can get it right, I've had enough of bagging them to bag them again this week, but they will cost a final if they don't get it right, and we seem to be on the wrong end... :(

Fire Up Folkesy... a good read.

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have brought up the subject before of this crap benefit of a doubt it has got to stop whether it be for the BULLDOGS or the other 14 teams. In days gone by you were either awarded a try or you weren't solely on a competent referee's decision & maybe with a little help from a competent linesman, i know refs have a hard job to do & i for one would not like to be adjudicating any game but lets get on with the game stop wasting time & stop altering the rules year in & year out the ref's have a hard enough time policing all the rules as is .

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Agree 100% a ref could easily cost a team a GF spot and the way things are going i would not be suprised if it happened

F

fatal1

the sad thing is though...you cant say **** about it or you will cop a $10-15k fine..

how about the referees pay a fine everytime they **** up...see how they will improve then..

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Haztrick

100%.. The ref better not f##k us over this weekend....

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who'd wana be a ref...
Wasnt that the vid ref that fkd up the Ryan try?? Y we focusing on the Ref?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But the ref made another 15 incorrect calls that went both ways too. Also the not played at 2 times in the last two weeks, Lets not forget the jeromy smith blow the wistle and say play on, which leads me to the knock on try for the blues in the 3rd origin (although that was the video ref) which will let me conclude at the forward pass no trys in round 24. There was about 117 of them across all games.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the players have to spend time on the sidelines when they stuff up I think the referees should be held more accountable for their actions and also be punished by demoting them to premierleague or giving them a week off. It could give refs a good wake up call and probably prevent them from making the same mistake again. It's lucky that we didn't really hava all that much to lose against Manly but just imagine if it was a decision that would've decided whether or not we made the top 8, had a home semi or even decided whether or not we won the grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.