Fattys future hangs in the balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Footy Show host Paul "Fatty" Vautin's future is uncertain as he waits to learn if the head injury which has keep him off the air for two weeks is more serious than at first diagnosed.

Vautin, 46, will meet with his doctor tomorrow morning and learn if his brain was more seriously damaged than at first thought.

The former Manly, Queensland and Australia forward suffered severe concussion when he fell awkwardly and smacked his head on the ground while wearing a sumo-wrestling suit during a shoot for the show.

He has been ruled out of calling the deciding State of Origin match on Wednesday night and at this stage it is uncertain when he will return to Nine's rugby league coverage.

Vautin was released from hospital nine days ago but returned for further scans on Friday night when his neurosurgeon became worried that his condition had not improved.

Long-time friend and former Manly teammate John Gibbs said Vautin was too ill to speak to the media and that a comeback to Nine's rugby league coverage was a long way off. "He is a very, very sick man," Gibbs said.

is this in the right forum thingy??

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
go_the_doggies said:
is this in the right forum thingy??
I moved it, its cool.
Fatty must have hit his head real hard to miss calling the game, i hope he is ok soon
MB

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Get well soon fatty. Its ironic such a light hearted joke caused all this.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Werent they doing Daredevil Dudes???

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think they were making an anti ad.

U know the mitsubishi truck ad on tv where the sumo's get in the truck and drive around. Thats what they were sending up i think.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
poor guy but still i hope he quits his job to get better and stay closer to his family after a near death experience! haha i know i'm dreaming eh.
but keep commentating! we hate gus!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TdoggBulldog

Aww fatty, u are a true legend mate, get well soon! luv ya darlin!

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
get well soon fatty, now that u are missing in action we have been inflicted with Gus Gould commentary Fridays and Sundays....

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Brain damage?

he's already brain dead!

i've never seen someone so think in my life

it's an embarrassment to channel 9, the footy show and rugby league that such a dope has lead their commentary/host team

Jimmy_Ecstasy™

Gold Coast Fan since 88'
Reaction score
As per Danish IMO.

I wish no harm on Paul Vautin, though I hope this is the end of his TV career. Matt Johns is the future for CH9's Rugby League coverage. Fatty is past his used by date.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
I think they were making an anti ad.

U know the mitsubishi truck ad on tv where the sumo's get in the truck and drive around. Thats what they were sending up i think.
it was an anti-ad.
hope he gets better soon.not just for his sake but for his wife and kids

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get well soon fatty & i miss your humour on the footy show :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.