Farewell Penrith Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI

Along with the renovations at Penrith Football Stadium, the name will also be changed - it will be known as Credit Union Australia Stadium Penrith.

It does have an odd ring to it, but if it benefits the club overall, then as a Panther fan I would support it too. In future look out for the CUA Stadium.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
meh, it'll always be penrith stadium to me :grinning:

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what renovations are they doing? all seater similar to Parra? who owns the ground? council or club? I assume club...

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Sounds like sh!t. Will always be Penrith to me. Just like Telstra will always be Stadium Australia, and the Bulldogs will always be Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs ;) I dont like change :p

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
whats the point of changing the name, they should leave it the same to avoid confusion.

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
PantherPower83 said:
Please take a look at this link for an artists impression.

http://www.panthers.com.au/index.php?id=429

thanks for that, looks really good. Looking forward to going out there and sitting in comfort. All suburban grounds that are old should be upgraded or shipped out. I won't name them though. Good luck to the Panthers next year, they finished off well this year.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
spannaforce said:
what renovations are they doing?...
oh just a little bit of renovating with a small $10 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET OUT OF TAX PAYERS MONEY WHICH JOHN HOWARD BRIBED PANTHERS LEAGUES WITH SO HE HAD A MAJORITY OF THE AREA'S VOTES IN THE LAST ELECTION!

why cant he donate the Bulldogs money?
the ****wit isnt even a Panthers supporter and yes I got a letter from St Marys leagues when it first happened with it saying

we are proud to say John Howard and the Liberal Government have given the Panthers a budget of $10 million to bring the ground upto NRL standards

I was very angry reading that letter because if Panthers can get money donated to them from 00.034% of the tax that I contributed to helping bring it upto scratch then seriously? why cant baldy make the same bribe/donation to Canterbury leagues?

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
oh just a little bit of renovating with a small $10 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET OUT OF TAX PAYERS MONEY WHICH JOHN HOWARD BRIBED PANTHERS LEAGUES WITH SO HE HAD A MAJORITY OF THE AREA'S VOTES IN THE LAST ELECTION!

why cant he donate the Bulldogs money?
the ****wit isnt even a Panthers supporter and yes I got a letter from St Marys leagues when it first happened with it saying

we are proud to say John Howard and the Liberal Government have given the Panthers a budget of $10 million to bring the ground upto NRL standards

I was very angry reading that letter because if Panthers can get money donated to them from 00.034% of the tax that I contributed to helping bring it upto scratch then seriously? why cant baldy make the same bribe/donation to Canterbury leagues?
Oh Pleeease...cry me a river! Why don't you stop being a sook and perhaps show some support for other clubs. I understand you want the money to go to your club, but look at where your home ground is...Telstra Stadium!!! Excellent facilities...Canterbury Leagues is one of the relatively richer clubs....

Panthers Stadium is one of the very few local grounds remaining and is in need of an upgrade...The facilities are still back in the 80s and with the club continuing to grow will require better seating and an upgrade overall....

What does John Howard and who he barracks for got to do with this funding?? This is honestly a close minded reply on a situation bigger than you can fathom.

Oh BTW, if the money is donated to Canterbury am I entitled to be "very angry" that my "00.034% of the tax that I contributed" will be going to your club??? Of course not...seriously...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
how would you feel ****? if Panthers were forced to play at Telstra and Bulldogs were never taken from Belmore and then the government decided to give the money to the Bulldogs to fix Belmore instead of giving the money to the Panthers?

thats right you wouldnt like it and you would of posted something similar to myself

I do agree Panthers need an upgrade but how many ****ing LEAGUES CLUBS DO THEY OWN AGAIN?

was it 16 or 17?

that is plenty of profit to renovate the stadium without scabbing off tax payers

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
sorry I was off by 4

they own 13 CLUBS plus are in partnership with St Marys Leagues

plently of profit from pokies

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
how would you feel ****? if Panthers were forced to play at Telstra and Bulldogs were never taken from Belmore and then the government decided to give the money to the Bulldogs to fix Belmore instead of giving the money to the Panthers?

thats right you wouldnt like it and you would of posted something similar to myself

I do agree Panthers need an upgrade but how many ****ing LEAGUES CLUBS DO THEY OWN AGAIN?

was it 16 or 17?

that is plenty of profit to renovate the stadium without scabbing off tax payers
Well I would say goodluck to the Bulldogs Club, Management, Players and Supporters as I am sure that you guys would benefit from the additional funds. No doubt it would be a better sporting environment and atmosphere for those who attend your matches.

Although I am a Panther fan, I am also a RL fan and if you guys are granted it then good luck with it.

Please don't try and guess what I would or would not do. You don't know me so don't think you do by suggesting what I would post.

As for your comment on "that is plenty of profit to renovate the stadium without scabbing off tax payers", mate not even worth attempting to reply to that.

Oh and BTW, two words...pokie tax.

From a thread that was intended to let others know about the name in our stadium name, it has turned into an assault against the funding for our stadium.... some people...

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
yeah but Canterbury Leagues is still the major player. They're the benchmark. World class facilities. just imagine if our oasis project went ahead, we'd have our own las vegas in sydneys west. We'd have pokie revenue coming out of our asses, & we'd be drowning in profits. :D

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jimmy_the_greek said:
whats the point of changing the name, they should leave it the same to avoid confusion.
It is a change not as a result of the renovations but the fact that Credit Union Australia are coming on board.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate the whole name changing in the NRL. im like Karlz.. i stil call them easts, bruce stadium, stadium australia, sfs etc etc :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PantherPower83 said:
I understand you want the money to go to your club, but look at where your home ground is...Telstra Stadium!!! Excellent facilities...Canterbury Leagues is one of the relatively richer clubs....
Canterbury Leagues is actually the most profitable Leagues club in NSW and second most profitable club overall in NSW. Mounties is THE most profitable club in NSW.

Did Panthers need that government grant because of their $90 million debt? [serious question]

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Special K E said:
Canterbury Leagues is actually the most profitable Leagues club in NSW and second most profitable club overall in NSW. Mounties is THE most profitable club in NSW.

Did Panthers need that government grant because of their $90 million debt? [serious question]
In regards to the first part, exactly, which is why that fool's comments on providing the funding towards the Bulldogs is unnecessary.

As for the second part, I don't think I am the right person to provide an answer on that. You might have to ask the club or a Panthers representative in relation to that.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PantherPower83 said:
As for the second part, I don't think I am the right person to provide an answer on that. You might have to ask the club or a Panthers representative in relation to that.
Oh OK. I though you might know why they needed a government grant. Should be interesting to see the Penrith FS upgraded. Panthers and Canterbury are the only Leagues clubs I visit.

Both are very nice. Canterbury is nicer though without being bias. :p

the artist

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Penrith is good but John Farrager called me a criminal because I walked in wearing a Bulldogs jumper

he is very lucky he is in a wheelchair
but he is working for a club in bad financial debt so carma does work

Status
Not open for further replies.