Farewell and thanks for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd just like to say farewell and thanks to two of my favourite players who have played their final games for the Bulldogs.

Firstly to Josh Reynolds. Over the years you've shown the ultimate competitive streak for our great club. There were years where you frustrated me with the tripping offences getting you sidelined. But overall I've been very proud to see you in our colours. If there has been one player here that didn't think being 12 points down on the scoreboard with 10 minutes of time left in the game was train to give up it's you. In many of these situations other players would throw in the towel and mentally start preparing for next week. In these situations you've always tried to stand up and find that extra energy with whatever small opportunity you could find to either side or motivate the rest of the side to keep trying. You earned a reputation early in your career as a sledger which have you the nickname of Grub. But your voluntary work outside of football and the time you have spent helping to make some sick kids lives a little better has earned so much respect from me. You are a credit to yourself and to the Bulldogs. Thanks for all you have given to the club. I wish you all the best in your time at the Tigers and but I hope you always bleed blue and white Josh.

Secondly comes Sam Kssiano. From. The moment you best into the NRL you were an excitement machine. You are an absolute monster in size who can steamroll through the opposition and when you can't bust through them you can often pop out an offload that lets someone else exploit the holes you created by drawing more than your share of defenders. I'll miss that hopeful feeling I get when you come on field that anything can happen when you get the ball and set of like a wrecking ball who is owed money by the bricks in front of you. Sad to see you leave us, but good luck at the Storm all the same.

I know that some people love to criticize both of these guys but please keep this thread respectful and save your botching about Sam and Josh for elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Graham, Reynolds, Kasiano, Lichaa, Garvey, Phillips, Maroske all confirmed gone.

Bound to be a lot more going from lower grades too.

Reactions: DT

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham, Reynolds, Kasiano, Lichaa, Garvey, Phillips, Maroske all confirmed gone.

Disappointed for Maroske played Qld u20s last year, but has had his fair share of injuries- all the best Darcy!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds and Graham were 2 of my favourite here. Both for the same reason. They would do anything for the bloke beside them on the field. Both at the end didnt do what us fans expected from them, but at the end of the day i think them moving on is the best thing they could do for themselves right now. And now best thing for the club due to the piss poor management.
And Kas, I think will be an absolute Menace under Bellamy. This will come back hard to bite us in the ass. But same as above, best thing he could do to further his career. He will no doubt see tghe NZ rep jersey nd cement a spot in that squad.
Shame to see these guys go, but all the best to them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't know that Graham was confirmed. Thanks to Graham too. We had a very average forward pack before you showed up and bought some balls to the pack. Your tireless efforts and your ball playing ability added spark to our side when we surely needed some. I've missed the hotheaded bloke you started out as here. I'll always remember you shouting "roon again son" when someone or other put a cheap hit on you. You'll alwrays be one of my favourites. A genuine monster on field but the most respectful bloke off the field you could ever hope to encounter. Good luck with your future Bupa you will be missed here.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds, Graham and Kas. I'm going to miss them all. Fortunately I don't mind the Tigers as a team so I can keep watching Reynolds with pride. Graham and Kas on the other hand are now the enemy. I do with them all the best and thank them for their service to the club. But Storm and Dragons.... They're both dead to me now.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd just like to say farewell and thanks to two of my favourite players who have played their final games for the Bulldogs.

Firstly to Josh Reynolds. Over the years you've shown the ultimate competitive streak for our heart club. There were years where you frustrated me with the young offences getting you sidelined. But overall I've been very proud to see you in our colours. If there has been one player here that didn't think being 12 points down on the scoreboard with 10 minutes of time left in the game was train to give up it's you. In many of these situations other players would throw in the towel and mentally start preparing for next week. In these situations you've always tried to stand up and find that extra energy with whatever small opportunity you could find to either side or motivate the rest of the side to keep trying. You earned a reputation early in your career as a sledger which have you the nickname of Grub. But your voluntary work outside of football and the time you have spent helping to make some sick kids lives a little better has earned so much respect from me. You are a credit to yourself and to the Bulldogs. Thanks for all you have given to the club. I wish you all the best in your time at the Tigers and but I hope you always bleed blue and white Josh.

Secondly comes Sam Kssiano. From. The moment you best into the NRL you were an excitement machine. You are an absolute monster in size who can steamroll through the opposition and when you can't bust through them you can often pop out an offload that lets someone else exploit the holes you created by drawing more than your share of defenders. I'll miss that hopeful feeling I get when you come on field that anything can happen when you get the ball and set of like a wrecking ball who is owed money by the bricks in front of you. Sad to see you leave us, but good luck at the Storm all the same.

I know that some people love to criticize both of these guys but please keep this thread respectful and save your botching about Sam and Josh for elsewhere.
Apparently Reynolds got the nickname from a character in a movie not his on-field behaviour. Just for clarification.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I respect EVERY player that plays for our club (bar a few). As long as they tried their best even if it wasn't good enough, I do not blame them for being selected or overpaid. That's the fault of coaches & CEOs. As with you I thank them for their service to our once great club who will no doubt rise again.

Exceptions in my mind are:

Doug Laughton
Solomon Haumono
Sony Bill Williams
Ryan Tandy

The top 3 for leaving the club in the lurch in the dead of night either because of money or because they weren't given the captaincy they felt they deserved. And Tandy for obvious reasons. There are some others like Jacob Loko who brought our Club into disrepute for things like drugs & criminal activities. But those are in a small minority.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

So James Graham is really on the way out eh?.

When I saw his face after the St George match all I thougt was: "Good on you mate, you're one one of the best we've had around this joint and we won't be picking up another one as good as you too easily".

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Someone should link the original post to both these guys Instagram or Facebook or something... well written and I'm assuming they would appreciate it.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Grahams first few years here PERSONIFIED the Canterbury Bulldogs will forever be one of my favourite Bulldogs to lace up a pair of boots. Thanks boys for everything

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although he is a shadow of his former self. I am going to hate seeing Graham in another Jersey.... i really am. I would have rathered lose Tolman and Fatwood....

Our club is a disgrace

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone should link the original post to both these guys Instagram or Facebook or something... well written and I'm assuming they would appreciate it.
Thanks Nate. It would be nice to know they actually get to hear the thanks from the fans. They've all been a big part of our squad for a while and I'm genuinely sad to see these three in particular going.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So James Graham is really on the way out eh?.

When I saw his face after the St George match all I thougt was: "Good on you mate, you're one one of the best we've had around this joint and we won't be picking up another one as good as you too easily".
Unfortunately he 'was' one of our best , apart from the last couple of games he's been uderperforming

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although he is a shadow of his former self. I am going to hate seeing Graham in another Jersey.... i really am. I would have rathered lose Tolman and Fatwood....

Our club is a disgrace
Thats too fucking logical

Status
Not open for further replies.