Fans' predictions: Where each club will finish in 2019 - Bulldogs 15th

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me also add that your reserves squad winning the double is a good indicator of quality depth! If this was the panthers winning it the media would be jizzing over their depth and predicting them premiers!!!

Fuck the bias!!!

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me also add that your reserves squad winning the double is a good indicator of quality depth! If this was the panthers winning it the media would be jizzing over their depth and predicting them premiers!!!

Fuck the bias!!!
Agreed. im very optimistic about the season. We lost a few close ones this year i think we can win this season, i like what there building. I thought dean did alright last season amongst that mess. I believe pairing him with marleys dad steve is a good move. Pay should be able to build on that. Or down comes the axe (kennel).

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking through the team on the Bulldogs website, I am eagerly awaiting Dean Pay’s innovation in 2018 rugby league positions. More a revolution. With the website only listing Kerrod Holland as a centre, I glean that Dean is intending to play one centre and either two fullbacks or 2 five-eights. Personally I favour the two fullbacks option. And when you consider where most fullbacks position themselves in the defensive line these days, this could be a real winner. Instead of left and right centre, we will presumably have, left and right fullback. Heck, I’d like to see that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ummm this is pretty fucking ridiculous. (See photo)
I mean yes i know our flaws and we are missing key positions. But to say wooden spoon? Bitch please! Klemmer leaving is a blessing in disguse. Just wait and see! Meters for meters sake and zero football smarts dont win you competitions! Klemmer can keep his meter count, ill take the tries and points thanks.

Can't wait to repost this image at this writers Twitter at the end of season!

Very confident we wont finish last or even close to bottom 4!
I think so... Morale is the highest it has been at the club some time... there seems to be so much buzz around the players and staff, and you can tell they have been working their asses off just by looking at them.

One thing I often wonder about, and yeah I know Mbye is a pos who likes to run his mouth... but his comment regarding egos... I can't help but think what sort of vibe there was around the playing group in years gone by

Regardless, the team look happy and appear to be enjoying each others company, the injection of the rookies and new recruits has brought much needed enthusiasm that we haven't seen at the Dogs for a few seasons now

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Counting from the bottom up, rather than top down, is always interesting. Not in any particular order but I'd be stunned if we don't finish ahead of the Titans, Manly, Tigers, Canberra (halves?), Cowboys (no Thurston) and Parramatta (spoon favourites). Next up I'll be disappointed if we don't finish ahead of Saints, Panthers (if Gould doesn't stay out of it) and Warriors (Johnson gonski). I'll be quite happy to finish above Sharks (no Holmes and Graham missing for 3 months) and Broncos (new coach syndrome). That's 8th and maybe 5th.

Go Dogs

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well go read another thread ya dumb s#^t.
Look at this fucken blow in, talkin shit to one of the kennel Kings ?
Why don’t you go and read another thread....on a different fucken forum ?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, seems like most fans are not expecting anything from the dogs next season. I kind of don't mind that, but I was surprised to see us that low on the radar. I personally see us finishing somewhere around 7th to 10th area if I had to make a prediction this early.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/22/fans-predictions-where-each-club-will-finish-in-2019/

-----------

With around 240,000 votes counted, NRL fans are tipping improvements from the Knights and Cowboys in 2019, with the Sydney Roosters raging hot favourites to win back-to-back premierships.

Footy fans have had their say on each club's chances of winning the 2019 competition, making the top eight, just missing the eight or finishing at the foot of the ladder.

The Roosters are the only team widely predicted to finish the year as premiers, with Newcastle and North Queensland are expected to challenge for a finals berth after missing the eight last season.

A huge amount of off-season player and coaching moves have swung the voting in the past couple of weeks, with Brisbane and South Sydney both receiving bumps after finalising their long-anticipated coach switch.

Cronulla, who have replaced Valentine Holmes with Shaun Johnson, are expected to slide from fourth to seventh, while Johnson's old club the Warriors and a Bulldogs team which lost David Klemmer to Newcastle are both tipped to drop three places on the ladder to 11th and 15th respectively.

Using a formula of two points for every vote a club gets to win the premiership, one point for top eight, -1 for just missing the finals and -2 for bottom of the ladder, here are the fans' rankings for each of the 16 clubs.

Premiers 2nd to 8th 9th to 12th 13th to 16th
1. Roosters 48% (-1) 44% (+2) 3% 6%
2. Rabbitohs 27% (+3) 59% (-1) 10% (-1) 5%
3. Storm 17 (-1)% 69% 9% 5%
4. Panthers 19% (-2) 59% (+1) 16% (+1) 6%
5. Broncos 22% (+2) 49% 20% (-2) 8% (-1)
6. Dragons 21% 48% (-1) 24% (+1) 7%
7. Sharks 11% (+3) 60% (-4) 21% 8% (+1)
8. Knights 8% (-1) 58% 25% 9%
9. Cowboys 15% (-1) 39% (-1) 32% (+1) 14%
10. Wests Tigers 9% 37% (-2) 36% (+1) 18%
11. Warriors 7% 30% (-1) 36% 27% (+1)
12. Raiders 5% (-1) 24% (-2) 49% (+1) 22% (+1)
13. Sea Eagles 7% (-1) 24% (-1) 28% 41% (+2)
14. Titans 3% 19% (-1) 33% 45% (+2)
15. Bulldogs 5% (-1) 14% (-1) 26% (+1) 55% (+1)
16. Eels 6% 10% (-1) 19% 65% (+1)
As of December 13
I think we will do heaps better next year. I see our dogs either making the 8 or just missing out. I remember that we were woeful this year until Lewis joined the squad. If you consider how many games we won with him in the team and if he was there from the beginning we may have made the 8. Next year our young players will be better for the experience this year and we have added some hopefuls as well. Lewis is the player we needed a pity they took so long to put him in the 30. Yes Klemmer has gone but I didn’t rate him as one off our gun players anyway. Someone will always step up. I have my season tickets for next year and looking forward to a good year. We are in a better position than most clubs as we bit the bullet this year and made the unpopular decisions to shed overpaid players. Other clubs still have that problem and wouldn’t be surprised if their over the cap. Our management has done a good job. Well done

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
don't even know why you support the team with shithouse comments like that
We are allowed to be critical of this team and all the recent fuckups.

Sorry if some of us don’t wear blue and white glasses 24/7 and support the stupid decisions this club has made.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Sorry if some of us don’t wear blue and white glasses 24/7 and support the stupid decisions this club has made.
It's ok bro, you're blue and white glasses are in the mail ;)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the reaction from Kennel pessimists when the season rolls around and our boys are playing some really good footy... I really can't
Buttt we’re only playing one meaningless trial game!!! Lol.

I’m sure the boys will be ripping in at training and will have some intense opposed sessions. They’ll be ready, imo. The pessimists carry on as though our lack of trial prep was the reason we didn’t go great last year. We were doing ok until the salary cap shit hit the fan and we had to start releasing players. That would disrupt any side. Our squad has a few limitations, but I think the team will be ready to exceed expectations next year.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buttt we’re only playing one meaningless trial game!!! Lol.

I’m sure the boys will be ripping in at training and will have some intense opposed sessions. They’ll be ready, imo. The pessimists carry on as though our lack of trial prep was the reason we didn’t go great last year. We were doing ok until the salary cap shit hit the fan and we had to start releasing players. That would disrupt any side. Our squad has a few limitations, but I think the team will be ready to exceed expectations next year.
oh yeah shit... that lack of second trial... shit, we're destined for the spoon :grinning:

On a serious note, from what I have seen, and from what I have heard from fans who have attended training sessions, the boys are looking good, and the team is looking the fittest it has in some time.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

there is a difference between being critical and calling them shit house... but anyway

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
One thing is certain. Despite picking us to come 13-16 the media will give us shit for underperforming unless we are top 4

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Second from the bottom seems overly harsh imo. Personally reckon anywhere between 7th-9th is where we’ll end up.