Opinion Fanoua Blake in Kikau out

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are never winning a title again unless we have a top 7 prop. AFB is a top 7 prop.
Within reason but you don't pay that much. Way over the odds, and you shouldn't have a prop as your top earner, they are important yes, but your spine wins games.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can only mean he wanted way too much and/or gus has jason t signed

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Who knows the reason, Dragons/tigers possibly offering 1.2/1.3 mil or silly numbers. Probably the right decision if it is getting silly/desperate. Great player but I would be worried if we offered him 5 years at 1 mil plus. Can see his knees going and his form dropping rapidly a bit like Fafita at the sharks and in 2 years going from the best prop in the game to only being able to play 20 min.
I don’t believe he is allowed an increase in pay. If you request a release it has to be for the same contract amount. I’m sure @TwinTurbo knows the rules. Also a player swap, Blake wants out and if they grant him a release and the club picks up full freight why do the warriors have to clear a mill and gain a player. Asking for a player to move countries is not the same as a swap with a nsw based team. The cost of living is higher there so whoever goes there will need a pay increase and a better plan on Vodafone lol

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame because AFB is the exact type of alpha prop we need. Wonder what the reason is. Too much money for one player? No one the warriors wanted in return? We weren't willing to give up a player the Warriors wanted? Couldn't compete with another offer?
Bad news if this is true but I’m sure Gus has a legitimate reason. He is not a stupid operator…

But how funny is it watching all these posters losing their shit thinking Gus just decided to pull the offer because he just felt like it.. and due to no other reason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re all little media sluts aren’t we …

I hope they don’t come out and say ..

BREAKING NEWS … it’s a good idea to jump off the Harbour Bridge .. [emoji6]

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t believe he is allowed an increase in pay. If you request a release it has to be for the same contract amount. I’m sure @TwinTurbo knows the rules. Also a player swap, Blake wants out and if they grant him a release and the club picks up full freight why do the warriors have to clear a mill and gain a player. Asking for a player to move countries is not the same as a swap with a nsw based team. The cost of living is higher there so whoever goes there will need a pay increase and a better plan on Vodafone lol
He can't get less (2+ teams can contribute tho, doesn't apply to AFB anyways) but he can get more.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He can't get less (2+ teams can contribute tho, doesn't apply to AFB anyways) but he can get more.
Didn’t this come up when barba cried to go to qld for family bs and then got a bigger contract. The nrl than changed the rules ?

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he probably worked out that the bulldogs were being used to drive AFB's price up and thought the whole process is probably de-stabalising to the team atm

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My guess is AFB wants more then $1m and isn't prepared to pay that. Maybe he also knows he has Terrell May wrapped up. And knows we are likely to get Klemmer and possibly Taumololo or even Tom Hazleton or Hamlin Uele if Sharks get AFB.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My guess is AFB wants more then $1m and isn't prepared to pay that. Maybe he also knows he has Terrell May wrapped up. And knows we are likely to get Klemmer and possibly Taumololo or even Tom Hazleton or Hamlin Uele if Sharks get AFB.
If we can get May I would be just as happy.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus wouldn't drop AFB without a reason. Sounds like he has someone or even a few up his sleeve.
Taumalolo or Klemmer with us getting some freight, as well as May, puts us in a better position.Even if it did cost a few 100k more

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taumalolo or Klemmer with us getting some freight, as well as May, puts us in a better position.Even if it did cost a few 100k more
I have a big feeling Terrell May and Klemmer are bulldogs bound. I am not in the know but makes sense.