Fan Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys i saw something on twitter about a members day on sat? Is this happening?

Haven't seen or heard anything announced. Feel as though the club is starting to become a bit slack advertising this sort of stuff!

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have been emailing members regarding the fan day for over a month. You don't check or read your emails?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey guys i saw something on twitter about a members day on sat? Is this happening?

Haven't seen or heard anything announced. Feel as though the club is starting to become a bit slack advertising this sort of stuff!
Turn up to the fan day and see the players then stay at the ground to watch NSW Cup vs. Penriff @ 3pm.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did anyone go along? If so what were people thoughts on the day?

I went along and was disappointed to be honest. The day started at 1130, however i didnt arrive until 1230 due to work. When i arrived the players werent there, they didnt arrive until 1pm. Even then only half the team were there, and were seated at a long table, so not really a chance for photos. They announced the players would be there only for an hour and a half. Waited 45 mins to get to the table, only to be rushed by the membership team, saying no photos, only 1 item per person to be signed.

Not sure what other people thought but i thought it was poor. The players had recovery that morning, so surely the club could have organised the fan day a bit later on, so the players are able to stay longer. I understand its the players day off, however us members spend alot of money on the club, this year alone ive spent over $1000 in memberships, merchandise, away games, sat in pouring rain, freezing canberra. Yet i get told no photos and hurry up.

Just wondering what others thought if indeed you went along.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't go because I feared it would be how you said. I heard the same disappointing comments all over the place too.

Our membership team gets it right often, but from all reports this event really missed the mark. If you are going to throw days like this you need to take the effort to make it successful.

Have it on a day where the whole team can attend.

Have the players kinda roaming around so there isn't massive lines for some table where it is really awkward to chat or get photos.

If you have a time limit then limit the amount of people who get in or something.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't go because I feared it would be how you said. I heard the same disappointing comments all over the place too.

Our membership team gets it right often, but from all reports this event really missed the mark. If you are going to throw days like this you need to take the effort to make it successful.

Have it on a day where the whole team can attend.

Have the players kinda roaming around so there isn't massive lines for some table where it is really awkward to chat or get photos.

If you have a time limit then limit the amount of people who get in or something.
Yer it was basically a waste of time. The best fan days are the ones on the peter moore field, they just have the players spread out. Gives you a chance to get a photo and whatnot. Even if u stay until the end the players arent as busy and you can have a chat with them.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yer it was basically a waste of time. The best fan days are the ones on the peter moore field, they just have the players spread out. Gives you a chance to get a photo and whatnot. Even if u stay until the end the players arent as busy and you can have a chat with them.
I THINK that was the plan (As with the xmas party) but rain leading up to these events moved them.

So yeah it wasn't how they planned, but still seems a massive fail and they need to have better "plan B's"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We had to travel home on the Saturday morning, so did not go as planned to the fan day and then to watch the NSW Cup.

Seems we did not miss much as the sister in law texted my daughter and told her to let me know that it was pretty disappointing. Her words were " To put it not so politely a monumental f%@king waste of time and a few hours of my life I will never get back."

Actually spoke to another lady I see at the footy on Friday night and she asked was I going to the fan day, said I would have liked to but had to go home. They weren't going because they have a new baby and the weather was iffy. Apparently the day was going on rain, hail or shine because supporters ripped the club a new one after the postponing of last year's Christmas party due to inclement weather.

In a way it seems that it was fortunate that we were unable to be there.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
They are always poorly organised. It's basically a signing session. Nothing else ever happens. It's a complete waste of time.

I only ever went because my son likes getting photos and stuff signed. Havent gone for over 5 years and now I have a 3 year old so I took her as she loves Frank The Tank after I caught his ball before the belmore game LOL.

We got there and I couldn't hear a word zap or Des were saying as we couldn't get in front of the speakers. A couple of of people in the crowd called out to one or the member guys to turn it up but he looked at us like we were mad and nothing happened.

I won't be attending another one until there is something for the kids or some added value. Otherwise it's just a bunch of fans getting shit signed.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i mentioned a while back when the dogs played the titans, there was a members signing do at the sofitel on the coast i think it was, the members event went for 30 minutes,you were yarded in and yarded straight back out again, no photos no talking no nothing, its the same as when they have meet and greet days at brisbane. the club need to seriously look at what they are doing here they are pissing a lot of fans off who travel long distances to see their teams players on a members night.

facts are the club wants you to buy a membership spend lots on merchandise support the team, but do not want you to have any time with the players or any interaction

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attended last years' Fan Day @ Belmore after we'd played Roosters in round 11, our Origin players were out and Josh Jackson was called up to Camp that morning.
Despite this, the event was scheduled for ~2 hours with players remaining after this time.
Raelene was in attendance, making time to speak with any members.
The whole event was very well run and I found it extremely engaging.
The only downside was the obvious disappointment from Ennis, he was not receiving the contract length from the club and wasn't his usual up beat self, which was completely understandable.

It is such a shame to hear of the fan day receiving bad reviews...perhaps the clubs needs to be made aware, via the contact on here ? Mike? Who was part of the member committee, asking about merch ideas.

We are known as the family club, and there seems to be a significant disconnect occurring at the present time; there were Canberra members not informed of their meet/greet.
Seems the ball is being dropped somewhere and the result, supporters are feeling less embraced by the club.
Very unfortunate.

~cb.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I attended last years' Fan Day @ Belmore after we'd played Roosters in round 11, our Origin players were out and Josh Jackson was called up to Camp that morning.
Despite this, the event was scheduled for ~2 hours with players remaining after this time.
Raelene was in attendance, making time to speak with any members.
The whole event was very well run and I found it extremely engaging.
The only downside was the obvious disappointment from Ennis, he was not receiving the contract length from the club and wasn't his usual up beat self, which was completely understandable.

It is such a shame to hear of the fan day receiving bad reviews...perhaps the clubs needs to be made aware, via the contact on here ? Mike? Who was part of the member committee, asking about merch ideas.

We are known as the family club, and there seems to be a significant disconnect occurring at the present time; there were Canberra members not informed of their meet/greet.
Seems the ball is being dropped somewhere and the result, supporters are feeling less embraced by the club.
Very unfortunate.

~cb.
Correct about the fan day last year. It was a good one and as you said the players were there for an extended time and even Shifty Sherwin ,Bobcat and Haz turned up for a while. They had a special presentation to some fans as well I recall and lots of giveaways and things for the kids. Big screen showing the 2004 Grand final with comments by the guys who played in it and the players were spread out over the ground making it easy to get photos and autographs. Did not go to this one but family did and they were really disappointed.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, it was a poorly run fan day ... We arrived around 12.30ish and Graham and Reynolds were just getting out of their car ... Was waiting in front of the grand stand, was about 1.15 and the missus said if nobody is coming out soon we are leaving ... a few players finally came out , we managed to grab Klemmer before he headed over to the tent ...
With nobody else coming out, we walked over to the tent ... The cue was massive and not moving ... So we decided to go ... We did manage to catch Kaz leaving in his car on the way out ... I felt sorry for the poor buggers who would have gotten there at 11.30, only to wait nearly 2 hours for something to happen ...

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Christmas party the other year was the same crap.. Rep players were a no show , so the main people you wanted to see weren't there..
They only have a few fan days a year, you think they could look after the people who spend their hard earned each season supporting them ....

Status
Not open for further replies.