Family club

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennelers

My 13 year old suffered a pretty heavy concussion playing last weekend. He was initially discharged, but had some delayed symptoms and subsequently spent most of the week in hospital. We're out now and while not out of the woods, he's doing much better.

Our team manager contacted Gus and then both Burto and Foxx posted get well soon videos to my son. After a week from hell, the look on his beautiful face, watching his heroes tell him to get well soon and thank him for loving the Dogs, is a moment I will never forget.

It's easy to get caught up in what's going wrong. There are at least 3 very decent men at our club that went out of their way to do a good, kind thing for my boy
Wishing him a speedy recovery
Thanks for sharing the story

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the best to your son, wishing a speedy recovery.
As a parent of a player myself I've watched the ups and downs they go through. From moon boots to getting his face stitched in dressing sheds, dislocated shoulder to a recent concussion it never ends.
His concussion wasn't bad he hang onto the ball and got up and played it, wobbled came off, passes hia then runs back out 10 mins later, then halftime headache and felt sick, home off work with headaches for 3 to 4 days, then come weekend plays again.
If he doesn't play he goes nuts, they miss the physical contact.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kennelers

My 13 year old suffered a pretty heavy concussion playing last weekend. He was initially discharged, but had some delayed symptoms and subsequently spent most of the week in hospital. We're out now and while not out of the woods, he's doing much better.

Our team manager contacted Gus and then both Burto and Foxx posted get well soon videos to my son. After a week from hell, the look on his beautiful face, watching his heroes tell him to get well soon and thank him for loving the Dogs, is a moment I will never forget.

It's easy to get caught up in what's going wrong. There are at least 3 very decent men at our club that went out of their way to do a good, kind thing for my boy
Puts things into perspective man.Hopefully your son gets 110% well buddy.

Post of the MONTH at least, champion.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome work by the club.

Hope your young blokes well on the way to recovery, and continues to enjoy playing despite the health scare.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank you all for beautiful messages. He's made me read them out to him! It really lifted his spirits to know TK community was also with him. So from dad to the kennelers, a big thank you.

He's better today and able to move around a little more. I'm hopeful he'll continue to improve quickly, for his sanity as well as my own.

We've got a week of physio, so I'll let you all know how he goes, as well as hopefully posting a victory message when we beat the knights!

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sending all my prayers mate. My 14 year old did his knee yesterday in the last tackle of the first half. At hospital this morning for x-rays. Not broken but have to wait for swelling to go down before scans to see if it is ligament. Picked him and his mum up from hospital an hour ago and I had a big smile on my face, and when he asked me why, I said because he hurt his knee and not his head. Even though he is in pain he smiled and agreed. I can only imagine how you are feeling. Glad the Dogs were able to take your minds off it, even if only for a minute. Hang in there mate.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kennelers

Good luck and best wishes to your son mate
Great work from the Family Club, success is much more than just winning games !!!