Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

The only positive that came out of last nights game was the two points nothing
else.

Stepping in the right direction and getting two points is a positive, albeit stepping with shaky legs.

I could add another one......I was mildly surprised with Hodgson"s form especially the little step at the line.
Nah, I think there were quite a few positives coming out, mainly our kicking game. We really need to improve our kick chase, tho. Also got some ball to Pritchard, and our wingers were great with their dummy half runs. Ennis was also great and the niggle in the tackles helped (albeit the fact we gave away 8 penalties).

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They won that game for Moore, I dont expect too much from the rest of the season myself

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I think there was some positives that we have not seen a while.

* kicking into space
* Passes sometimes going 2 or 3 wide just for a hit up
* repeat sets

Certainly much improved from what we have seen previously

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Bulldogs have turned thing around or this is just a false dawn like the win against the Titans and then followed by two of the worst performances Ive ever seen.

Discuss
Hodkinson played in both wins, not in the middle loses, Hodkinson is awesome

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to be the most average game of football ive gone to see , our errors were minimal and thats what won it for us

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Give my opinion in another month, how can you say either way after 1 win?

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see Morris starting to have a go and get some confidence, must trawl the forums.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imo we havent had a good win yet ,theyve all been close or theyve been ugly wins, we havent really outclassed any teams at all or played a great 80 minutes of football.....the best we have played so far this season imo is the last time we played the dragons and unfortunatley we lost - then look at the following few games after that, dont understand how in 1 week we looked so promising then the next we simply had nothing against the raiders - the win against the tigers was 2 points with a couple of positives to take into the next game, thats about it - without barba we'd be fooked, attack is woeful - HOPEFULLY WE ARE ON THE WAY UP HOWEVER I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good step in the right direction, improved kicking game which all year has been near non existent. Still way too early to tell.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Beating a benji-less tigers by only 10 points is nothing, thats just like a bye. We only scored 3 tries, titans would of scored more than that against them. I would call that a band aid win but that would be over exagerating.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Imo we havent had a good win yet ,theyve all been close or theyve been ugly wins, we havent really outclassed any teams at all or played a great 80 minutes of football.....the best we have played so far this season imo is the last time we played the dragons and unfortunatley we lost - then look at the following few games after that, dont understand how in 1 week we looked so promising then the next we simply had nothing against the raiders - the win against the tigers was 2 points with a couple of positives to take into the next game, thats about it - without barba we'd be fooked, attack is woeful - HOPEFULLY WE ARE ON THE WAY UP HOWEVER I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT
True, closest we got was the final 60 mins of the parra game which feels like decades ago

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Bulldogs have turned thing around or this is just a false dawn like the win against the Titans and then followed by two of the worst performances Ive ever seen.

Discuss
It's another start, at least they didn't fold up and not give a hoot, where there is hope, there is a way, the team and it's fans have been through hell, I think Moore can keep the players on the boil, in 2009 he had them red hot for the 80 every week so he needs to keep them fit and hyped up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Glass half full....
Doggfather doesnt even have a glass. He drinks his misery straight from the bottle.

Hes still pissed off that we didnt win the 2004 GF by more

Close to the most pessimistic person in the place, and thats saying something.

Surely we can enjoy a win when it happens, without whinging that it should have been a better or bigger victory.

I thought the Tigers went pretty well considering they were without Benji. We played well to beat them. Next match may be harder without Ennis, but lets think we can win and look forward to it, rather than moan all weak how we will lose by 30 and Moore isnt playing your favourite lower grade player.

Be a fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we're a long way from that corner, lots of leopard crawling through mud before we can walk on stable ground again

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Doggfather doesnt even have a glass. He drinks his misery straight from the bottle.

Hes still pissed off that we didnt win the 2004 GF by more

Close to the most pessimistic person in the place, and thats saying something.

Surely we can enjoy a win when it happens, without whinging that it should have been a better or bigger victory.

I thought the Tigers went pretty well considering they were without Benji. We played well to beat them. Next match may be harder without Ennis, but lets think we can win and look forward to it, rather than moan all weak how we will lose by 30 and Moore isnt playing your favourite lower grade player.

Be a fan.
Real fans dont just kiss the players and coaches arses and quote bullsh!t quotes like "a win is a win" and crap like that. If you happy with that "win" you know sweet fa about football, even the players wouldnt be happy, even the precious moore wouldnt be.

BTW I dont mind we beat the jewsters only by 3 points in the 04 GF, its the 98 GF I still pissed about

kleb

ya ayrr
Reaction score
i think we can comment on that after this week. we really need to win this game because we could slip to 10th if we lose. if we can do it without ennis then thats good signs

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to do a parra2009 and string some wins together for confidence building momentum

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
we need to do a parra2009 and string some wins together for confidence building momentum
I think we have turned a corner, we need to reflect on the season after the Tigers win and try and learn from all of our defeats by taking out the positives, close losses like the Dragons game meant something and some games we simply had too many players out. Now we have blooded a bit of depth, we can overcome some injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.