Status
Not open for further replies.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fallout 3 Out Of Australia As OFLC Strikes Again
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 11:06am 10/07/08 | 40 Comments

Another one has been forced to bite the proverbial dust as the OFLC has refused Bethesda's hotly anticipated post-apocalyptic action/RPG, Fallout 3, classification here in Australia.

Earlier this week we pointed out D3P's Dark Sector had finally been allowed a rating after having questionable sections of the game (by the OFLC's standard) removed. And unfortunately today we're here to tell you Fallout 3 may have its artistic vision and integrity torn asunder to sate the powers that be at the OFLC. This is just another blow to the Australian games industry where we're being forced to play unintended versions of many a great game here in Australia because of a lack of proper parental control and that ever elusive R18+ rating.

We've contacted Fallout 3's Aussie publisher, Red-Ant, to see what they have to say so stay tuned.
Source: ausgamers
http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2642343

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah well, Sites like play-asia will be happy about this, Ive never played a fallout game so dont know if im going to get it, But id be getting an imported version if i was going to get it.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah never had a crack at a fallout game either but am looking forward to this. These guys at the OFLC need a reality check though. What's next?

K

kennyy

Yeah never had a crack at a fallout game either but am looking forward to this. These guys at the OFLC need a reality check though. What's next?
maybe we should try to rehabilitate them then let them loose on the public

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I see you skim my comments try giving them a read.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
our aussie game ratings are an absolute joke. dont they (OFLC/government) realise that the game industry is the largest entertainment industry in the world now and its not only for kids. the average gamers age is 28 i believe. like i said, how we dont have a R18+ rating for games restricting what we can and cant buy in this country is an absolute joke.

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
just another example of the goverment blasting our asses

Status
Not open for further replies.