Faitala-Mariner thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Technically it won’t be a fight, but to answer your question I’m just over negative people that continuously put the club down.
I don't give a fuck what you're over, it's a fucking forum. If the club makes a bad decision it's going to be criticised and you can't take that away from anyone. If you want to put your head in the sand and continue with this toxic positivity then maybe a forum is not for you and you're better off with going to games where you can 1000% throw your support behind the team.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't give a fuck what you're over, it's a fucking forum. If the club makes a bad decision it's going to be criticised and you can't take that away from anyone. If you want to put your head in the sand and continue with this toxic positivity then maybe a forum is not for you and you're better off with going to games where you can 1000% throw your support behind the team.
Oooft
BA394179-74D2-4DC3-9904-8C174E0EA98E.jpeg

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na, fuck you dickhead. You ***** are believing RFM lead some BS player revolt because "training was hard" yet at the same time your absolving Gus, Ciraldo or anyone else at the club of any responsibility for handing him a long-term deal and making him captain. Not a brain cell between you *****, no fucking logic other than "hur dur Gus good" and "hur dur everyone else bad". Fucking idiots.
Cutting through all of this.

Who would you have made club captain instead of him?

Based on his fight through injury and desire to make it for the club I honestly thought it was a good choice at the time?

Of course, looking back it wasn't the right choice but who would've been a better one at that time?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Toxic positivity are you stupid?
The same people with the same shit over and over and over, we have here the same 4 or 5 ***** on this forum that repeat the same shit. 95% of this place is brilliant you can have difference in opinion and get along, but you dumb fucks are fucking toxic and are nothing but a shit stain.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Toxic positivity are you stupid?
The same people with the same shit over and over and over, we have here the same 4 or 5 ***** on this forum that repeat the same shit. 95% of this place is brilliant you can have difference in opinion and get along, but you dumb fucks are fucking toxic and are nothing but a shit stain.
Calma

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Made a bloke that hadnt done anything on the field in years Club captain.
Thats not a mistake, thats delusional. I was taken aback when it was announced.
But I bought in, new coach, we been shit for years, 2023 will be better.
Fast forward to end of 2023 and our Club captain is on the outer.

So what you say? Its about the bigger picture.
I can't remember what I said at the time, Nasheed is helping me out there lol

I just think they made a big fuck up.

All I'm saying is RFM has had a sook, he played like a busted a hole and now they want to flick him. By saying "who put him there and signed him" doesn't change that fact.

So yes terrible decision, horrible actually. But the guy still needs to be flicked.

Most people know Gus is hit or miss, tbh I think most gms and recruitment staff are, he missed big time on this one.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na, fuck you dickhead. You ***** are believing RFM lead some BS player revolt because "training was hard" yet at the same time your absolving Gus, Ciraldo or anyone else at the club of any responsibility for handing him a long-term deal and making him captain. Not a brain cell between you *****, no fucking logic other than "hur dur Gus good" and "hur dur everyone else bad". Fucking idiots.
Calm down Karen. Your keyboard might break.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the "who signed him and made him captain?" Argument.

So what? They made a mistake and they want to rectify it by moving him on.
Are you serious?! The clown krew are perfect and have nver made a single mistake in their lives! That’s why they are completely justified in their expectations.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't remember what I said at the time, Nasheed is helping me out there lol

I just think they made a big fuck up.

All I'm saying is RFM has had a sook, he played like a busted a hole and now they want to flick him. By saying "who put him there and signed him" doesn't change that fact.

So yes terrible decision, horrible actually. But the guy still needs to be flicked.

Most people know Gus is hit or miss, tbh I think most gms and recruitment staff are, he missed big time on this one.
This is what I've been saying all along but it isn't good enough. Gus at the lower levels, yes he's great, top tier not so much. They can't accept it and then pull out what he did at the Roosters in 1867 or what he did with NSW in 1874. His NRL recruitment is all the place, was like that at Penrith although they always seemed to have a junior coming through the bail them out of bad recruitment decisions.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made a bloke that hadnt done anything on the field in years Club captain.
Thats not a mistake, thats delusional. I was taken aback when it was announced.
But I bought in, new coach, we been shit for years, 2023 will be better.
Fast forward to end of 2023 and our Club captain is on the outer.
You’re missing a vital part of the equation - what happens off the field. Ciro obviously thought the way Ray behaved and trained, and mentored the younger guys was worthy of club captaincy. It’s hard to know exactly what’s gone wrong to change that, but it seems like he pulled the wool over their eyes in some way. It could be as simple as him buying into Ciro’s vision to begin with, but as the season went on the tough training became too much.

I’m not convinced Ciro is the coach to take us back to the top, but I don’t think intensity and toughness is a bad method either. One questionable tactic I recently discovered though, which was kind of surprising, was that they do a full game training 2 days before the actual game. Now just as an armchair coach that seems crazy to me. This was on a Bulldogs official video about elite pathways for girls that was released a month ago. As part of the program the girls got to watch this practice game. Ciro told them that they want to play at full or close to intensity or something like that and that some guys were surprised by it. I can’t remember exactly, but it was very eye-opening.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe this was all a ploy to bring more value to RFM to get him traded but it imploded when he was snitched out by Buzz

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My main issue with this flop is his defensive efforts. For a seasoned first grader it is pathetic. He is slightly better than Knock-on-more as he doesn't arm grab but his contact and work rate is disgraceful.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’re missing a vital part of the equation - what happens off the field. Ciro obviously thought the way Ray behaved and trained, and mentored the younger guys was worthy of club captaincy. It’s hard to know exactly what’s gone wrong to change that, but it seems like he pulled the wool over their eyes in some way. It could be as simple as him buying into Ciro’s vision to begin with, but as the season went on the tough training became too much.

I’m not convinced Ciro is the coach to take us back to the top, but I don’t think intensity and toughness is a bad method either. One questionable tactic I recently discovered though, which was kind of surprising, was that they do a full game training 2 days before the actual game. Now just as an armchair coach that seems crazy to me. This was on a Bulldogs official video about elite pathways for girls that was released a month ago. As part of the program the girls got to watch this practice game. Ciro told them that they want to play at full or close to intensity or something like that and that some guys were surprised by it. I can’t remember exactly, but it was very eye-opening.
Yes that full game training 2 days before a game has been criticized previously amongst fans. Once it was blamed for a very lacklustre performance on a very hot weekend as the reason why the guys were busted.

Probably CC was using the first year to really ride them and sort the keepers...but there are def downsides to overly flogging athletes.