News Faitala-Mariner opens up on difficult season, clears the air on exactly what happened during training drama

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Two different issues. Re RFM I'm expressing a level of incredulity at how dramatically the narrative has shifted and saying I see things that don't add up

But @Heckler was asking what I have heard about Topine... which I am not in a position to divulge. I can't even be 100 per cent sure it's true. But I trust the source and what I was told convinced me.
I know topine had a mental breakdown and the club is doing there best to assist him, But you don’t think RFM stepped out of line?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know topine had a mental breakdown and the club is doing there best to assist him, But you don’t think RFM stepped out of line?
I think he made a mistake by not keeping it in house, as going to the media was never going to end well for anyone... but that doesn't mean I don't think the club made mistakes too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Of course you do. It’s negative and about the bulldogs.
that’s all your criteria met.
Look back at my history on this forum.... I have never been a person who is always negative...in fact, at many times over the years I have been more optimistic than the majority of members on this forum. Even when the news of Gus coming to us first broke, I was optimistic, I just really don't like the direction I see this club moving under Ciraldo and Gus. I wish some of you could just accept that without resorting to thinly vei;led attacks or insinuations that I am negative just for the sake of it.

I believe what I heard because it was a very detailed account which struck me as credible.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
is there any update on topine?

inexcusable to have not sorted this out by now

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Long way to go if he wants to earn back any respect after his efforts on the field this year.
Yeah the zero meters game burned me bad, I would rather see him go but the only way he can resurrect his career is to put his head down next year, keep his mouth shut and play the best football of his career. talking shit in the media is the easy bit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But you can insinuate and speculate on a forum....
Why not? All I'm saying is I don't believe what happened was right and I hope the truth comes out so the savages on here will stop attacking the character of players and calling them soft. Look how hard they went at RFM.... now because he has issued some public statements they are all behind him again. Talk about fickle. Hopefully the stuff about the club supporting Topine after the fact is true, but it doesn't mean the matter was necessarily handled well in the first instance. In any case, I'm perfectly entitled to say I've heard things and I don't like what I've heard. What I can't do is go into specifics.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good-O. The difference is I won’t adamantly say you’re lying as you do. The righteous aren’t well liked :-).
I didn't say you were lying. I said you're probably being lied to. And I said it in response to you tagging me obnoxiously and making out you have the whole truth, while attempting to undermine my opinion because I don't want to financially support the current direction the club is headed in. And you calling me righteous? Pot meet kettle.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but anyone who states they’ve been told something in strict confidence, and then comes on a public forum and sprouts out that they know something but can’t say what … is 100% just being a dick ..

I’m still waiting for the infamous text that a certain Fizbo said they had a copy of … has that been produced yet … maybe I missed it ..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why not? All I'm saying is I don't believe what happened was right and I hope the truth comes out so the savages on here will stop attacking the character of players and calling them soft. Look how hard they went at RFM.... now because he has issued some public statements they are all behind him again. Talk about fickle. Hopefully the stuff about the club supporting Topine after the fact is true, but it doesn't mean the matter was necessarily handled well in the first instance. In any case, I'm perfectly entitled to say I've heard things and I don't like what I've heard. What I can't do is go into specifics.
You seem to adding fuel to the fire and stoking it but hey you do you flan

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All I see is Gus lying, again, thsi time to his player.
RFM is just saying the right things since he eeems to want to stay
Since he seems to want to stay or more like no other club would go anywhere near him even with us contributing

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn't even started to redeem himself, especially when he bitched out for a half of footy.
If he dishes up the same rubbish again he can spend the year in reserves.
Ciraldo fekked up making him club captain and it messed with his head when he should have just focused on playing his best footy. No more excuses.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good interview - as we've surmised a few times it seems he misunderstood his role as captain. It looks like he felt the role was to represent the players and pass messages up the chain, rather than serving the coach and helping instill his values downwards. Obviously you need to do a bit of both, but he seems to have learned how much he got the balance wrong. I hope he kicks on now and kills it in 2024.
Well said.