Explanation on referring decision

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Penalty count was 6-2 in favour of Knights

Set rstarts 4-1 in favour of Knights not to mention 3 out of that 4 were given on the 5th tackle
Add in the no six again ruling when Kikau made the break in first half plus video ref ruling on a forward pass for the first time in NRL history

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Set rstarts 4-1 in favour of Knights not to mention 3 out of that 4 were given on the 5th tackle
Add in the no six again ruling when Kikau made the break in first half plus video ref ruling on a forward pass for the first time in NRL history
wonder if the ref will get the Casey Badger treatment

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights first try was after a six again call by the ref, for the Dogs being "offside" on the last tackle

Safiti was tackled and played the ball on the last, one metre from the Dogs goal line

Can someone please explain to me, how can any player be "offside" when the opposition player is playing the ball 1 metre from your tryline?
I thought the same! I actually stopped & rewound the match to watch again at the time as I couldn’t see how it could be called!!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s going to be the excuse for the bunker, I thought they weren’t allowed to rule of forwards.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently... I can't think of the game but I'm pretty sure they've done this to us before as well...
Yeah someone on here mention that they ruled on a Kasiano forward pass couple years back... happens only to us

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game and haven't seen the replay, but I'm not sure they were calling it a forward pass, I thought they said it was a knock on and the ball went forward (with the knock coming from Crichton's chin).. that's why we got our challenge back... Maybe I just misheard the explanation

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Greg Marshew challenge was a farce

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It could just be me but referees seem to become a little mentally defective whenever they adjudicate our games. Ciro should ask for a pregame mental assessment of all officials including the bunker every week. I'm starting to become concerned for their welfare. Truly!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here's another one. Our players are at the forefront of dodgy decisions other teams aren"t.Screenshot_20240422_082359_Facebook.jpg

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously
What the actual fuck.
Only against us will you see a situation where the bunker rules on a forward pass.

You will never ever see it again
I can't wait for they explanation ( if they give us one, lol)

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I noticed in the first half he let Knights lay all over the Dogs, and as soon as Dogs lay on Knights for an extra second its a 6 again. The offside 6 again call that led to Knights first try was total BS.

But I loved seeing Dogs show some resolve and not let their heads down even when the ref was biased against them. Stuck with it and got it done.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine how much better this sport would be if they didn’t keep fucking with a great thing?! Always gotta be introducing new rules, with 90% of them being rubbish.

The worst it’s ever been though, since they brought in bunker overrules and set restarts. Ironically because of a try Souths were awarded against us, which was shown as clearly wrong after the fact.

I don’t know about you guys but when a try is scored now, most of my attention is on the bottom of screen waiting to see ‘try confirmed’. This is fkn mental, to not be able to celebrate in case it’s overturned, or be hoping that it is if the opposition have scored. It’s bush league ludicrous shit.

Then you have set restarts which is just a licence for the ref to manipulate the game as they please. So you’re telling me every one of them would have been a penalty before set restarts were introduced? At least a penalty can be scrutinised in the time it’s given until resumption of play. 6 agains simply allow for giving legups!

I find it constantly frustrating watching games these days.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There shouldn't be SET re-starts at all.
There should be single tackle nullification; meaning if the ref determines you've infringed in the ruck, THAT tackle doesn't count (You infringed on tackle 4, have another tackle).

Then, if there's ongoing infringements, the ref can still penalise as needed.
But equally, if the attacking team is cheating in the ruck (eg walking off the mark, either through or to the side of the markers), then the markers are immediately onside and can tackle without penalty and the defensive line is immediately on side (no inside 10m).

There needs to be balance and fairness between attack and defence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Has that head corrupt **** came out and explained their "errors" yet?