Explain your username

Status
Not open for further replies.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Name of the street the wife an I lived in a few years ago.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just an internet name I have used for my self since my counter-strike days, probably got if from a science thing when I was younger.
I thought you were named after an ipod lol

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mine came from a band I was in which then became an email address in the early 2000s which then became a business and then I was stuck with the email so shortened it for forum names...

People probably assume I'm some 'alpha' bro frat boy dick head, but really I was just too lazy to change emails or remember something different for forums.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a Mopar thing ..... hunting Roadrunners ...beep beep =P

geez... now I will have to explain what a Mopar is =P

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my fav lyricist. Spelt his name wrong though, should only be one 'r' not two. But meh..and 78, well that goes without saying.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
tl:dr version = It's my creative alter-ego, and the antithesis to who I am in real life. By day I'm mild-mannered-Damo. Online, I'm "CK".

I don't think I've ever explained this in full detail.
So here goes ...

This 'name' is close to 10 years old. The first forum I ever discovered was for a band I liked. I was still getting used to life as a noob, and for the most part I didn't have many posts to my name (I was a bit of a lurker too, once). Anyhoo, one day a thread started along the lines of "what's your superhero name ?". Many good ones were tossed around, and somehow "CK" popped into my head. A dude from the band liked it, so like a proper sycophant I changed my user-name to "CK".

Around about the same time, I migrated to another forum for Big Brother (somewhere near 2004-2005). So I took the "CK" name there too. That place went batsh*t crazy over some controversies in the show, and I'd become one of about 50 antagonists against the mods who were militant delete-ists, trying to shut-down conversation regarding the shows short-comings (ie: the fact that Fryzy was able to sell his "Massive Loser Squad" T-shirts at Dreamworld and the funds raised used for votes to keep him in, giving an unfair advantage, etc). Eventually the forum got shut down. Fast forward to the next year. I returned as the same name. People remembered. It stuck.

After a couple of years using the name, I struck up a friendship with a mod on Channel TEN forums, and when the show finished I migrated from BB to that forum to stay in touch. Even so often someone would ask "are you the same CK as BB forums ?". So ever since, when I sign up to a new forum, it's always "CK". (I still get asked occasionally on places like Twitter "are you CK from The Kennel ?")

In addition : After 10 or so years of carrying the name around, it now serves a kind of purpose as a weird bipolar alter-ego. I realise like a lot of people posting in places like this is a therapeutic outlet for the creative part of your brain. "CK" suggests to people I'm 6-foot-6, and able to tear phonebooks in half, when in reality I'm more 5-foot-7, 70kg dripping wet and been in hospital more times than can fit on my fingers. When life gets tough and I get a little frazzled, "CK" is the thing where I can put life challenges behind me, retreat into a world of like-minded misfits and decompress. It helps me remember that I'm capable of good. In real life I carry around a little of "CK" in me everyday, but truth be told it's only part of the real me.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm from France and I was born in 1979.

N

Natboy

I was rushing to make my first email address for uni with an impatient person who was getting the shits at how indecisive I was being & asked me the last album I bought which was fatboyslim but I did a typo & became natboy to my family & friends who still call me it

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I joined in 2011 when our halves were copping a lot of criticism .... How times have changed haha

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moe - Derives from the latin term Moenormus. The term moenormus originated in 80 B.C. where a Roman blacksmith by the name Moesius Normus was vastly known for his colossal phalus.

Originally any man who was well endowed was described as moenormus. Over the centeries the term evolved to describe all things that of a sexually attractive nature. Recently in the modern era, the term has been truncated to just Moe.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
my 2 favourite teams combined...Dogs & the red half of Manchester!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Waiting for Hasler_Lover69 please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.