News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals surprise Josh Addo-Carr call amid injury drama

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who would have thought the fox a late Friday inclusion.
Better he takes a week off to get it right though.
He’s a fighter.
If dogs win v sharks they’ll make us premiership favourites
There is no way the club would take a gamble, no need to !

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he plays then it really shows either

A) Ciraldo has no idea
B) certain players above the club

No way is he worth risking round 2, especially when you have a plethora of players available to choose from who would do the exact same job..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s been explained more than once - by Ciro and Critta - Fox CHOSE to stay on, it was NOT ignorance on behalf of anyone. But you guys are right :tearsofjoy:.
Great example of judging without knowing the full truth, sometimes we make this mistake.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't believe people still actually think it was the right decision to leave a one armed winger out there.

The only issue is the evidence of Fox presenting as only functioning with one arm. If he looked like it was just a burn then sure make him stay on. We saw him have to stop and fumble a ball bc he couldn't catch with 2 hands as defence swamped him.

Dumb pass from Taafe on that occasion but if the f/b had made a half break (or any other of our players) how much help would Fox have been with one arm? He def would have dropped it.

Silly to even be arguing about it.
100%

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TK makes it daily with all the expertise.
Honestly you’d think the club was being run by a bunch of idiots with some of the accusations around here.
Sometimes we can have a reasonable conversation on TK, other times it feels like there are too many none Dogs fans, fans with agendas the clueless the Clowns and the Doomers & Gloomers who would complain if we win the GF by a point.
Who cares as long as respect is maintained !

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who would have thought the fox a late Friday inclusion.
Better he takes a week off to get it right though.
He’s a fighter.
If dogs win v sharks they’ll make us premiership favourites
Can't see the point of playing him if he is busted

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It kinda appears this is possibly another case of CC expecting players to play with injury and toughen up (as evidenced with what Critta said he told Fox).

Whilst that's good in theory, if a player is out there useless with only one functioning arm (or making out he only has use of one arm) how is that helping the team by giving the opposition the added benefit of targetting his side of the field.

I think that's the issue here....that Fox was "appearing" to us, media, Parra that he was out there and a liability in defence and attack.

Thats a dead set CC cop out and truth is Fox is a liability... What happened after he left the field? It caused a reshuffle... We lost formation.. We lost structure.. We had to leave systems we are trying to build cohesion around for a dead bloody arm.

JAC should have punched through and should have left his theatrics in the change rooms... NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AND KENOATH players should play through pain and injury unless it is friggin life threatening.

Have a look at it Kingy and Presto last year, the infamous finger in the eye.... Thats Bulldog and most part that's an NRL player!

I personally expect JAC to make up for his MISTAKE.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we had zero utilities or options on the bench it would have made sense but the coach needed to take the decision out of his hands given how much he appeared to be struggling.

I’m a Ciro fan, but he fu<ked up in that moment - we move onto Sharks, hopefully we get decent ball. I take a fair bit out of that trial game where Sharks played their full strength side in that 1st half and it was an arm wrestle for the most part. The year prior they put 20-0 on us in the first half.
Def... Burner or even partly able to catch the ball while running...fair enough tough it out thru to halftime but as we saw, and expected to see, he was hammered, and into touch and it was only a matter of time before Parra monstered him (again)...even if his teammate didn't pass to him while he was covered with such a silly pass.

Two camps on the wisdom of leaving a one armed player out there it seems but as you say, move on to Sharks tomorrow and a good win :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sometimes we can have a reasonable conversation on TK, other times it feels like there are too many none Dogs fans, fans with agendas the clueless the Clowns and the Doomers & Gloomers who would complain if we win the GF by a point.
Who cares as long as respect is maintained !
Well said :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thats a dead set CC cop out and truth is Fox is a liability... What happened after he left the field? It caused a reshuffle... We lost formation.. We lost structure.. We had to leave systems we are trying to build cohesion around for a dead bloody arm.

JAC should have punched through and should have left his theatrics in the change rooms... NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AND KENOATH players should play through pain and injury unless it is friggin life threatening.

Have a look at it Kingy and Presto last year, the infamous finger in the eye.... Thats Bulldog and most part that's an NRL player!

I personally expect JAC to make up for his MISTAKE.
Yeah don't know the real extent of his injury. All we saw was a guy hanging about with one functioning arm. That is leaving the team vulnerable to Parra making easy yards at him. That's all I care about. Haven't passed judgement on CC. Just thought it was obvious he was not going to be helping the team in any capacity and get him off before Parra run all their attack down his side.

If they had of, half TK would have been bagging CC out for leaving him on and causing tries.

But credit to our tough guys you mentioned. They can be relied on to put in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are talking about the Fox issue on this one...not the other various CC issues we discuss on here.

And won't be changing ever. Club first.

Those were direct quotes of mine for which you have been warned by Mods not to interact in any form whatsoever. I have reported the post.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It had to be done.

I hope the backline tomorrow is:

1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Wilson

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Im sure we'll see that somewhere in 2024.

I'd even be tempted to throw Xerri on the wing with his speed and size.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'd even be tempted to throw Xerri on the wing with his speed and size.
Bit sus under high ball?
We’ve got enough wingers, I say he’s a centre only.
I personally thought he’d done enough in the trials to get a start and thought Kiraz (with no trial games) was an odd choice. Could be psychological too - I get maybe not exposing him at Shark Park but I reckon we’ll see him in first grade sooner rather than later.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bit sus under high ball?
I personally thought he’d done enough in the trials to get a start and thought Kiraz (with no trial games) was an odd choice. Could be psychological too - I get maybe not exposing him at Shark Park but I reckon we’ll see him in first grade sooner rather than later.
Agreed

I think Xerri offers much more impact out of centre than Kiraz and we need impact. Kiraz outside him on the right edge makes sense. Not sure why Tracey is in (and I suspect will likely spend time at centre in the game, if not all the game), other than to get more game minutes into Xerri's legs in reggies.

Personally, Xerri and Kiraz are my choice for right edge. I like Wilson at his best, but his best and worst are still too far apart to be playing FG week in week out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit sus under high ball?
I considered that, how bad could he be though? I do recall butter fingers but haven't seen it yet.

Kiraz was center in all the opposed training sessions that i saw in the New year, only reason he didnt trial was because he was on ice and no point aggravating an injury before seasons start. Need to understand Kiraz will be given all the time to succeed as a center as he is truly a 10 year player and style suits that as a center. Letting the kid master his position is much more important than a win in 2024 if were serious about building a quality side.

Xerri didnt look out of place in reggies last week.. He is a gooden and i reckon he sticks around long term but he aint ready yet in my opinion. Maybe a few more weeks to get to NRL level..