News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals surprise Josh Addo-Carr call amid injury drama

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly. All fans and commentators were aware of it. When tackled near the sideline while already injured he looked in agony. I thought he'd actually already signalled to be replaced but hadn't. Seemed there was potential for more damage. Everyone noticed but Ciraldo it seems. During the presser he said he wasn't aware it was so bad until half time. Maybe he needs to watch the back play a bit more.
It was either brilliant acting from Fox feigning in reality what was a less serious injury or something amiss in CC's handling of it from how incapacitated Fox "appeared" out there.

Either way the press and social media had a field day with the Bulldogs the centre of attention yet again \_(ツ)_/¯.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nahh.. who would've thought he'd could play after a cork. Send him to NSW cup, He can harden the fcuk up there.
Do you know if Tetavano is injured or not?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. All fans and commentators were aware of it. When tackled near the sideline while already injured he looked in agony. I thought he'd actually already signalled to be replaced but hadn't. Seemed there was potential for more damage. Everyone noticed but Ciraldo it seems. During the presser he said he wasn't aware it was so bad until half time. Maybe he needs to watch the back play a bit more.
It’s been explained more than once - by Ciro and Critta - Fox CHOSE to stay on, it was NOT ignorance on behalf of anyone. But you guys are right :tearsofjoy:.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m giving Ciro time and a decent squad before I judge him, but fu<k me, he’s lying through his teeth if he wasn’t aware Fox was injured…. I think the blokes living on the space station out of Earth could see that. Clearly he didn’t want to burn an interchange, but, with Kurt Mann on your bench, it’s a no brainer (not to mention Eels scored directly after bundling Fox into touch due to being severely compromised).

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes just play him. Honestly I think he's could be the difference between us winning or losing. We did well against their right side edge in the trials, I can see Fox getting around Katoa easily.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m giving Ciro time and a decent squad before I judge him, but fu<k me, he’s lying through his teeth if he wasn’t aware Fox was injured…. I think the blokes living on the space station out of Earth could see that. Clearly he didn’t want to burn an interchange, but, with Kurt Mann on your bench, it’s a no brainer (not to mention Eels scored directly after bundling Fox into touch due to being severely compromised).
Can't believe people still actually think it was the right decision to leave a one armed winger out there.

The only issue is the evidence of Fox presenting as only functioning with one arm. If he looked like it was just a burn then sure make him stay on. We saw him have to stop and fumble a ball bc he couldn't catch with 2 hands as defence swamped him.

Dumb pass from Taafe on that occasion but if the f/b had made a half break (or any other of our players) how much help would Fox have been with one arm? He def would have dropped it.

Silly to even be arguing about it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
named to play nsw cup this week
What happened to his injury?
Hope that was a furphy and he plays aggressive, makes metres and can get picked in F/g :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't believe people still actually think it was the right decision to leave a one armed winger out there.

The only issue is the evidence of Fox presenting as only functioning with one arm. If he looked like it was just a burn then sure make him stay on. We saw him have to stop and fumble a ball bc he couldn't catch with 2 hands as defence swamped him.

Dumb pass from Taafe on that occasion but if the f/b had made a half break (or any other of our players) how much help would Fox have been with one arm? He def would have dropped it.

Silly to even be arguing about it.
I agree on this point Wendy, even if Fox wanted to stay on (and credit to him for wanting to stick it out) but sometimes you have to save the player from themselves and make the decision for them - it was a coaching error in my book although we as fans are the beneficiaries of hindsight.

I have faith in Ciro, I believe he’s the guy to lead us into good times, but the jury’s still out being only his second season in charge, with all the injuries last year, not even Wayne Bennett would have done better. He’s got a fairly healthy and improved squad so a better measure this time around

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon in house suspension for carrying on like he lost function in his arm :tearsofjoy:

jks -but the best thing to do long term is to rest this week. We have plenty of options to fill his spot and I’m looking forward to Tracey nailing down a spot somewhere in our backline.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon in house suspension for carrying on like he lost function in his arm :tearsofjoy:

jks -but the best thing to do long term is to rest this week. We have plenty of options to fill his spot and I’m looking forward to Tracey nailing down a spot somewhere in our backline.
Absolutely, a lot of people give Tracey sh!t for his size, but he runs like he’s shot out of a cannon and blessed with really good speed off the mark. Supe fit guy plays well above his weight, good inclusion this week.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And the shit CC copped on here for leaving the fox on last week.
Was uncalled for. As soon as was diagnosed soft tissue, I was dumbfounded. Couldn’t believe wat everyone was saying. Need to understand the injury before commenting. If Fox is right I play him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the point of a physio doing on field tests and relaying messages of professional nature?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was more confident with Tracey running out there to be honest.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our luck with injury is turning. Last year, this would have been 8 weeks lol.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So the point of a physio doing on field tests and relaying messages of professional nature?
It kinda appears this is possibly another case of CC expecting players to play with injury and toughen up (as evidenced with what Critta said he told Fox).

Whilst that's good in theory, if a player is out there useless with only one functioning arm (or making out he only has use of one arm) how is that helping the team by giving the opposition the added benefit of targetting his side of the field.

I think that's the issue here....that Fox was "appearing" to us, media, Parra that he was out there and a liability in defence and attack.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It kinda appears this is possibly another case of CC expecting players to play with injury and toughen up (as evidenced with what Critta said he told Fox).

Whilst that's good in theory, if a player is out there useless with only one functioning arm (or making out he only has use of one arm) how is that helping the team by giving the opposition the added benefit of targetting his side of the field.

I think that's the issue here....that Fox was "appearing" to us, media, Parra that he was out there and a liability in defence and attack.
If we had zero utilities or options on the bench it would have made sense but the coach needed to take the decision out of his hands given how much he appeared to be struggling.

I’m a Ciro fan, but he fu<ked up in that moment - we move onto Sharks, hopefully we get decent ball. I take a fair bit out of that trial game where Sharks played their full strength side in that 1st half and it was an arm wrestle for the most part. The year prior they put 20-0 on us in the first half.

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
And the shit CC copped on here for leaving the fox on last week.
It was clear they were trying to get him to half time to needle him up. If they pulled him off at 35min and a needle worked at half time, we'd be using another interchange to get him back on. Tactics way over half the Kennels head.