EXCLUSIVE: Brad Fittler tips Josh Addo-Carr to make successful fullback switch

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As the fat redhead would say NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO.. Sign him on gun Wingers money ($600k) and give him a shot at FB. If he nails it and is still there as the FB in 2022 then he gets a pay rise to fullback money.

I am not a fan of his attitude but admire his ability. If he delivers he gets paid otherwise, fuck him.
Exactly this, give him 2 years at 600k, a chance in the 1 jersey and the opportunity to be with family.
If during the 2 years he makes becomes a rockstar fullback we can upgrade and extend.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t go much with the BMoz comparison, he was 29 in his first season with us, JAC is 25. In regards to being injured more playing fullback, in 2007 BMoz only played 2 games, on the wing, due to a shoulder injury. He missed 8 games the following season. He missed the Kangaroo tour in 2014 also due to injury. He started playing fullback for StGeorge in 2012. Also in 2014 he only played in SOO 1, on the wing, where he dislocated his shoulder, tore ligaments and suffered a bone fracture. Last season he suffered an MCL tear playing on the wing for the Chooks.

The facts don’t support any claim that shifting from wing to fullback caused him to be injured more often.

Go Dogs

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's worrisome we tried with Bret and he spent more time on the side line than what he did playing fullback. If the Fox goes down injured we will be screwed. It's will be like having another Foran sitting in rehab collecting big money.
He is already strapped up to the hilt. You could be right Vlas. I thought he had a very quite game in the grand final, apart from the first 5 mins.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tedesco money for an untried fullback, no thanks.
The problem is Tedesco money for us is 1.3m at least. For a club like the Roosters or Storm it's 1m.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is Tedesco money for us is 1.3m at least. For a club like the Roosters or Storm it's 1m.
Roosters are literally about to re-sign tedesco for 1.25m

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Old story from last week, 1mill is just a silly figure they bandied about don't stress..700 max sign him up, say 600 and a 100k bonus built in for if he nails the fullback spot? Somewhere round that figure but not a cent more.
He is a star I'd say we cannot go wrong signing him bar excessive $$$ which if we renegged at 800k previously it sounds like we won't do that.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's true that in recent times we have always had to over pay for players but I have a feeling things are about to change in that department. With the trinity boys working together (Barrett, Hansen and Hill) all on the same page and a couple more signing I'm sure we will look like a more attractive option for players in the future.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where the fuck did they get 1 million from?

As much as I love the bloke he ain't getting a mill, maybe after he proves he is an elite fullback.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If JAC is seen as a fullback. And burton is coming 21 or 22. Where does that leave Averillo? He would be on peanuts and barley got any consistency in first grade bouncing between the bench, centre and in the last game getting a go in the halves.

Not saying he is a gun. But he was our most potent attack player in 2020 and the only one that seemed likely to break the line or score. Upside of him is his price would be tiny yet he could develop into a solid first grader/rep player.

I’d love JAC. But not at the expense of someone on 1/10th of his contract that can adequately play fullback or in the halves. Anyways. Exciting times ahead. And if we can get someone of JAC class (don’t remember last time we recruited a current nsw rep, maybe Brett Morris, Trex and Andrew Ryan) then we would be definitely improving our roster no matter where he plays.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cotric is a blue. Though yeah get what ya mean. Still averilo has potential but also showed a lot of issues and might not really be much its yet to be seen. We enjoyed what he showed cause the season so little. Addo carr cleans his ass with him at this stage and we have to go hard for him and land him and burton in my opinion.

If Jake is good enough he will force his way into the squad.

A backline with addo carr and cotric with burton and Flanagan is something we can build around!

Not like quality of addo carr comes up every year and we are finally able to go for that quality! Do it now while we can!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where the fuck did they get 1 million from?

As much as I love the bloke he ain't getting a mill, maybe after he proves he is an elite fullback.
Thats just a number the dopey media are throwing around.

I wouldn't mind if we get him or not. No way for a mil, but I doubt Barrett is that stupid. He knows he has to make this go at coaching work, hes not going to start blowing the cash willy nilly like that.

Judging by his coaching appointments, he seems to be going about things the right way. Not to mention getting Flanno for a decent price.

If we get him, I think it will be for a good price.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats just a number the dopey media are throwing around.

I wouldn't mind if we get him or not. No way for a mil, but I doubt Barrett is that stupid. He knows he has to make this go at coaching work, hes not going to start blowing the cash willy nilly like that.

Judging by his coaching appointments, he seems to be going about things the right way. Not to mention getting Flanno for a decent price.

If we get him, I think it will be for a good price.
Exactly right. I’m not phased by contract details. Des is gone and I’ll leave it to the experts to do the sums

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched a great Hansen interview on the Bulldogs fb page, one of the things I loved hearing from him was that "no player is more important then the team". Its one of his main ethos. It is also one of the Bulldogs ethos. So with this in mind, surely we will not throw anything near 800k-1mil on JAC!!!
That’s the All Blacks mantra and when a player comes in their goal is to leave the jersey better than what it was when they received it. It’s a team first environment, the players also take turns on a roster to clean out the change room after the game. It’s really something to look forward to with Steve on board now helping shape the culture. I know things didn’t go well at Manly but Baz has a great footy brain and seems to be leaving now stone unturned.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly right. I’m not phased by contract details. Des is gone and I’ll leave it to the experts to do the sums
No doubt if we do sign him for a decent price, there will be people running with the million dollar price tag they saw in the paper lol. Even though its probably off the mark.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the All Blacks mantra and when a player comes in their goal is to leave the jersey better than what it was when they received it. It’s a team first environment, the players also take turns on a roster to clean out the change room after the game. It’s really something to look forward to with Steve on board now helping shape the culture. I know things didn’t go well at Manly but Baz has a great footy brain and seems to be leaving now stone unturned.
Definitely heading in a good direction now. I wasn’t sure about Barrett but he is setting himself up for success. I’m pumped and can’t wait for next year now.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely heading in a good direction now. I wasn’t sure about Barrett but he is setting himself up for success. I’m pumped and can’t wait for next year now.
Its actually turned out to be a friggen good signing. Look at the other coaches hired - Griffin, Walters, Payten & Brown. Give me Baz over them any day