Euro 2020

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Germany too good for Portugal. You can never write of the Germans . I keep saying it, Bruno Fernandez is an overrated penalty whore who goes missing in big games. Portugal looked much better when he was taken off and Sanchez took his place.
Will be interesting to see what happens in the last match day France - Portugal.
France dropped points to Hungary and will not be resting anyone . Should be a good game .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bruno's game for Portugal. Defo world class.

• 0 shots on target
• 0 successful dribbles
• 0 duels won
• 0 successful crosses

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

• 0 shots on target
• 0 successful dribbles
• 0 duels won
• 0 successful crosses
He would have 2 assists vs Hungary and a successful cross if jota wasnt pathetic
That’s why jota got hooked in that game and why jota got hooked in this game

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Germans lost to France on an won goal
BeatPortugal from own goals

Draw to Hungary own goal each ? Lolol

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Hungarians were very good, very disciplined vs the French and could have gotten a better result when leading 1-0 if they did not commit to an attacking free kick and getting punished on the counter

the Germans were very good against the Portuguese... they had more intent than when playing the French... I also thought Portugal should have done more to counter the German wingbacks... their width kept killing them

if Alvaro Morata was the striker for my team, I'd shoot him... criminally wasteful

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the Hungarians were very good, very disciplined vs the French and could have gotten a better result when leading 1-0 if they did not commit to an attacking free kick and getting punished on the counter

the Germans were very good against the Portuguese... they had more intent than when playing the French... I also thought Portugal should have done more to counter the German wingbacks... their width kept killing them

if Alvaro Morata was the striker for my team, I'd shoot him... criminally wasteful
Not one team has stood out for me
Not one team has put there hand up and made you think, shit this team g7na be hard to beat

Even the French team haven’t stood up how they should with that team

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not looked at the various paths for the nations in the knockout stages but I think after 2 group games, Belgium, Italy and France are favourites at the moment

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be more confident of the Dutch if Van Dijk was playing... the Germans were very good last night... England have a lot of quality in their squad and playing at Wembley SHOULD help

they are probably second tier contenders in my eyes

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

• 0 shots on target
• 0 successful dribbles
• 0 duels won
• 0 successful crosses
Failed in yet another BIG game against quality opposition.
Then you have clowns saying But but but in the other match…… fact is this dud has NOT delivered in any BIG game .
portugal looked much bette when he was hooked for Sanchez.

The Italians are playing decent football.would not be at all surprised if they make the final, most likely play against France if they don’t meet earlier.
The French have another gear and will get better in the knockout rounds.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Failed in yet another BIG game against quality opposition.
Then you have clowns saying But but but in the other match…… fact is this dud has NOT delivered in any BIG game .
portugal looked much bette when he was hooked for Sanchez.

The Italians are playing decent football.would not be at all surprised if they make the final, most likely play against France if they don’t meet earlier.
The French have another gear and will get better in the knockout rounds.
Have to agree mate there always seem to be excuses. He's a good player on his day but seems to bottle it a little in big games? Weird.

Italians are doing very well actually. Must be said. Seems to be a very good Euros.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shaqiri!!! What a goal!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Italy showing they lack some depth in quality playing a lot of their reserves against Wales... their striker and Bernardeschi have been quiet thus far

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would be more confident of the Dutch if Van Dijk was playing... the Germans were very good last night... England have a lot of quality in their squad and playing at Wembley SHOULD help

they are probably second tier contenders in my eyes
Just can't see it with England. Manager is an idiot, not utilising his players or setting up to their strengths. Top players but lack leaders. Kane should never be captain. They're really missing Hendo and Fridgehead imo.

Just can't see how they beat the top teams?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just can't see it with England. Manager is an idiot, not utilising his players or setting up to their strengths. Top players but lack leaders. Kane should never be captain. They're really missing Hendo and Fridgehead imo.

Just can't see how they beat the top teams?
what the English get wrong, too, is their lack of regard for continuity and the general form of the team

look at Italy... a settled starting XI, system, philosophy, and the result is a close to 30 game unbeaten streak and a 1000+ minutes without even conceding a goal

England still have no real idea how they want to attack, how and where to progress the ball, how to involve Kane etc. and it is mid-tournament

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
what the English get wrong, too, is their lack of regard for continuity and the general form of the team

look at Italy... a settled starting XI, system, philosophy, and the result is a close to 30 game unbeaten streak and a 1000+ minutes without even conceding a goal

England still have no real idea how they want to attack, how and where to progress the ball, how to involve Kane etc. and it is mid-tournament
You're 100% right on this.

I've always admired Belgium. Small country, but continually performs above expectations. Was reading an article on how they set up their national team with their teams all playing the same style from u11s or so up to the senior team. Just as most successful clubs do. They've got a style of football which they develop at a very early age and build on it as they grow older. You can, by and large, identify how they play.

English football is a joke from what I see. I'm certainly no expert, but they've got some serious talent now. Serious talent. But all you need to do is go back and look at their u21s and see the issues. Some amazing players but time & again they miss out on tournaments because of their archaic approach to playing. They're pulled back by 'tradition'. The 'English way' etc. etc.

So, how can anyone truly expect the national team to win anything when they still have no idea what their identity is.

They're favourites to win the comp. Well, were one of the favourites. They've scored one goal even though they're got some serious attacking talent. One goal. As you say, they've got no idea what they're doing.

Southgate, in the friendlies before the tournment, played players who weren't even in the Euro squad. Why wouldn't he take the opportunity to train those looking to start and impress on them a certain style of playing?

This is England though. Disaster.