Ethan Quai-Ward

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who’s the bald centre Gus has purchased from QLD Cup that will be in Bulldog colours in 2024? Shall we start filling in his termination papers now too?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who’s the bald centre Gus has purchased from QLD Cup that will be in Bulldog colours in 2024? Shall we start filling in his termination papers now too?
Same situation by the looks.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When does gus or any of the recruitment get the blame for signing so many players for majority of them to be let go the year after cause they are duds. I’m sorry you can’t keep signing potential and try fluke one. People need to be asking questions on who is making all these decisions and if it’s gus then he def needs to be question on why it’s happening!
Our recruitment has been total trash. I called it out v early when I saw the crap we signed for this yr, and guess what theres even more of it coming next yr. And yes we are paying Gus 1 million per yr for the privilidge

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Gus but it is time to start asking questions on some of the decisions...it is looking kinda transit lounge status.

Whilst we have this constant merry go round of unsuitable players, it must surely be hindering stability and growth of the good players they should really have been signing...it puts us back further.

Still think that Gus is our main "fixer" and that it will take time...but....we need to have some consistency in the roster soon and minimise signing these unsuitable types that aren't gonna get us anywhere.
Transit lounge alright. Believe it or not players and agents like stability also and there is nothing promised here in that area as we are a merry go round players in and out left right center. Half our new recruits on multi yr deals this yr barely lasted 6 months

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second time Broncos have benefitted from Gus. First 500k for Oloapu and now Quai-Ward sitting on an NRL deal without being on the Top 30 books in 2024. Win win for Broncos. They only have to chip in the train & trial costs that comes off what Bulldogs have to contribute.
Theyve played us and our 1 million dollar a yr head of football for absolute chumps

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
500k is fkn loose change for the club. ***** who keep referring to this like it’s something are fkn infuriating
Leagues club makes 500k in a few hours just because we’ve produced utter crap on the field takes nothing away from the money making kings we are.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did the club lose in this situation?
Really? So as a young player wanting a go are you willing to sign with the dogs atm knowing you can get a tap on the shoulder at any time. Contract or no contract? I’m not saying in this instance it’s the wrong move as I didn’t rate him but what I’m saying is you are dragging your credentials through the mud with this club and juniors if you just sign players for 2-3 years then offload them within the year or after the one year… Nu brown, pele etc etc it’s not a good look. What do the other players also think about it. The so called building cohesion is a load of bs in this instance!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our recruitment has been total trash. I called it out v early when I saw the crap we signed for this yr, and guess what theres even more of it coming next yr. And yes we are paying Gus 1 million per yr for the privilidge
I’m on the Gus train myself but I’m also getting to the point where I’m on the fence atm. I do not see much positives coming from the 2 years he has been here in relation to grade results. Yes I’m happy he is building the junior base but before he arrived he told everyone it’ll be 2 years before we can get out of this cap mess… next minute he is signing players and letting them go (still paying freight) instantly and we are yet to solve our biggest issue in forwards and a decent half… I’m hoping I’m wrong but from the excuses he keeps making these days, it’s wearing thin… now he keeps saying he doesn’t know how long he can get us out of this mess…. Expect a bottom 4 result next season if he doesn’t have something spectacular up his sleeve regarding recruitment. Signing Taffe, Crichton, and a few others ain’t gona make sweet f all for us next season!

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not trolling. You still haven’t made any type of counter claim. So I take it you agree, just don’t want it said loud.
PS. It is rorting, not rotting.
Primary school Grade 2 is calling.
Kindergarten is calling for you, idiot! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is that idiotic?
Top of my head he got rid of:
Ava
EQW
Clarke
BBO
Harding (possibly that was before)
And I’m certain a couple of others.
These guys are low level and are in no demand elsewhere but they just casually left without any fanfare or articles about them being upset or anything.
Guarantee there will be another such as Hoffman. Doesn’t happen in other clubs nor is, before Gus arrival.

So put your critical thinking hat on just a moment. Something in which comes natural to me, but think for a second.
Why would a player like EQW give up a top 30 gig?
A. Because Gus nicely asked him to leave and forfeit the cash?
B. EQW asked to forget his top 30 spot for the once in a lifetime chance to play for South Logan? Even though he literally had an interview this season saying how prized an opportunity it is to be in the top 30.
Or,
C. Gus worked out a deal in which he gets his money anyway without the obligations attached so he agrees to walk?

I’ll let you mull this over yo, now that you have beeen blessed with the understanding of how to critically think.
God damm, you talk shit..

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will try again that's yeah we might no we won't type response. Out of the Top 30 this year his wage outside of second tier still came under the Top 30 cap. Wasted money. Might not sound much but every cent adds up.
Adds to what, troll?

Do you even know what you are dribbling?

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You nailed it in an earlier post. He doesn't give up money and top 30 like that.

So many delusional fans just accept the bad decisions made.
What would you have done expert?

Easy to throw shit without solutions!