Ese'ese in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Bit of a nothing story. Was meant to show up to court earlier this month, didn't, ended up with a warrant out, and handed himself into Campsie Police station this morning.

Was remanded in custody but was appearing in court today anyway so should be right for the weekend.
Spot on mate. The police are required to present someone with a warrant to the closest available court. It's a non-issue and he will just get a new court date.
He may have forgotten to turn up. Massive up and down week for him!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy is young. His mind is swept up in footy. Nothing adverse to it. He will learn from this. I hope the club don't crucify him!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs rookie Herman Ese’ese has been stood down until further notice by the club after being charged with mid-range drink driving today.

Ese’ese has today appeared in court and been fined $1000 and also suspended from driving for nine months.

The Bulldogs are working with the NRL Integrity Unit in regards to the matter.

The club will offer further comment once all investigations are complete.

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/04/23/statement_regarding_.html

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I see this as a failing of our club as well as Herman. The club knows that footy players aren't that bright. The club should be ensuring that any legal matters are overseen by a lawyer or someone in management. If that means holding players hands and making sure they go to court then it should be done.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I see this as a failing of our club as well as Herman. The club knows that footy players aren't that bright. The club should be ensuring that any legal matters are overseen by a lawyer or someone in management. If that means holding players hands and making sure they go to court then it should be done.
Moving forward ... THIS will be the new normal.

For the record, I wonder where was the player manager in all this ?

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh... ffs.. another drinking episode. 1st being idiot enough to do it.. then to forget the court date... seems like more theory life lessons needed.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just can't accept someone simply "forgetting" a court date, especially when we all own a device in which we can enter in a reminder (ie a phone).

I scratch my head as to how some people function properly as human beings. Do they have a sign next to their beds that says "pants first, THEN shoes"? Have to write an L and R on their hands so they don't get mixed up?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
These guys are just babies,mummy has done everything for them ,maybe he knew and said nothing so he could make his debut

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These guys are just babies,mummy has done everything for them ,maybe he knew and said nothing so he could make his debut
Nar, I would say he isn't the smartest person (what forward is).... He most likely knew it was sometime just with all the footy hype going on, he probably forgot... It honestly isn't a biggie and doubt he will do it again. If he does, well that's a different story, give him the benefit of the doubt

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe you can forget a court date.
Especially for a DUI. I had to front Bathurst Court when I was a 19 year old. It was real a brown corduroy trouser event. :nervous:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at it from his point of view. If he cops it on the chin before his debut the club drops him and he likely doesn't get a crack at first grade any time soon. He's now made his first grade debut and can sit it out and wait. If the dogs don't give him a shot someone else likely will.

Either way the punishment for his stupidity is the same but one is marginally better than the other

A

Alexander the Great

He was told by the police he was excused on the next occasion from attending court.
Thats where the mix up has come from.
He is now being represented by a solid solicitor and highly doubt it will happen again....

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid can play so he should be forgiven. From what I saw of him in the 1 game I don't want to see him in another jersey

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F*ck me he shouldn't be drinking and driving in the first place

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why stood down until furthur notice?

FFS if he was playing for Souths that'd be enough to get promoted to a starting spot.

Instead our club drop him and as a result the entire NSW Cup side suffer. Idiots!

Enter Tupou Iongi again I guess!

On another note, club would already have known about this (and him missing court date I'm sure).

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what is it with these people, are they really that stupid or do they not care about their futures.

cant put brains in idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.