Eric Grothe to the Dogs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, thought you were bagging me for saying he wanted to be a centre. Don't remember that actual play but if he dropped it I wouldn't be suprised. His hands are sometimes like feet.
nah he had an unmarked winger and stepped in field , into the opposition and bombed a certain try. In a semi.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
The Lurker is back with news of a Cronulla Sharks signing, two players on the verge of NRL comebacks and a handy recruit for the North Queensland Cowboys.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/1vt9fgw78sc7j15h9r12y6z2va

Daniel Holdsworth set to join Cronulla Sharks
The Sharks are set to sign former Canterybury Bulldogs and St George Illawarra Dragons pivot Daniel Holdsworth in a bid to take the pressure off star halfback Todd Carney next season. Holdsworth has been playing good football for Salford and Hull FC in England for the past four seasons but wants to return to Australia. With few experienced halves on the market, the 29-year-old was in the sights of both the Melbourne Storm and the Sharks. Craig Bellamy was keen to sign Holdsworth as a back-up to his star number seven Cooper Cronk, particularly in the Origin period. But Holdsworth believes he has a better chance of playing regular first-grade at the Sharks, where he will put pressure on veteran Jeff Robson for a spot in the line-up. The Sharks have room to move in the salary cap – don't be surprised if they also make a late bid for Roosters journeyman front-rower Luke O'Donnell. And they are still well in the hunt for Canberra bad boy Blake Ferguson, particularly after releasing long-serving centre Ben Pomeroy.

Daniel Conn on comeback trail?
He retired two years ago at just 25 years of age due to a serious neck injury – but Daniel Conn could be on the comeback trail. The former Bulldogs, Gold Coast Titans and Sydney Roosters forward has been training hard in recent months and wants to pull on the boots again. A glamour boy off the field, Conn was carving out a fine career on it when tragedy struck in 2011. Conn suffered a major neck injury that required surgery to have his spine fused. After surgery, doctors advised Conn to retire and he reluctantly agreed.

Eric Grothe Jr closing in on NRL return
Another player on the comeback trail, Eric Grothe Jr, is so confident he will find a club he has dispensed with the need for a manager. Grothe is handling negotiations himself and has four clubs interested in his services. At 33, Grothe would be one of the oldest wingers in the NRL should he gain a contract after three years out of the game. But the powerhouse flanker believes the time out of football has allowed several nagging injuries to heal and he has kept himself in good shape. Expect him to sign with either his old club the Parramatta Eels or another Sydney team.

North Queensland Cowboys set to pounce on John Asiata
The North Queensland Cowboys are set to announce a handy signing in Roosters Holden Cup back-rower John Asiata. A member of the NYC team of the year this season, Asiata has plenty of ability but had too many established back-rowers ahead of him at the Roosters. Expect him to play some NRL over the next two seasons at the Cowboys.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
grothe at the dogs is like ned Kelly's son becoming a police officer

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
he'll play for whoever takes him i'd say. doubt he'd be loyal to parra and i doubt parra have any spare money

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the bidding up to? Two meat pies and a satchel of sauce per game?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
4 clubs are chasing him my arse. With social media these days players and managers can throw out the bait in order to speed up signing with a club. Why would he come out and say blue and white or we are barking etc of he wasnt trying to get at something. Our receuitment is really fcukd up if we are in a bidding war with parra over grothe like seriously!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If he comes cheap why not. The players would welcome him given his experience and he seems very likeable so would be good for morale.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
seriously!
33 years old
Well he has enjoyed time out to relax and refreshen, his body has been rested and his hunger is back for one more shot, Bennetts Knights experiment has showed modern sports techniques can keep a man playing until 35 easy.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign him up on a 1 year deal and tell him to knock out barba in our grudge match , tell him to plead guilty and take the ban for a whole season.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
If he is cheap, plays good in reggies & keeps first graders on their toes, whats the problem ??

Surprisingly Im not as against this as I thought id be.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May as well post the rest of the message:

This better not be the signing that dakar is talking about after the WC! People complain now about our wingers, wait to you see a 33 year old has been out there :sleep: :sleep:

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goz ‏
@EricGrotheJnr @bluenwhiteau **** u got no idea bluenwhiteau, insult to #proudtobeabulldog, sorry junior, you are 2 old and 3 years out

:D

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is over 30 so I guess he will join the Knights as their youngest player?

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he is cheap, plays good in reggies & keeps first graders on their toes, whats the problem ??

Surprisingly Im not as against this as I thought id be.
Tbh that's what I think the whole 2014 plan is all about, competition amongst positions to keep everyone focused & playing out of their skin - we will soon see

Status
Not open for further replies.