Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really? Am I the only one who thinks Cook has the worst service (passing) in the NRL? He is so slow with his passes and I can see why he is a reserve grader!! Lichaa was playing great before injury!
Yh Lichaa has better service easily. Cook looked like his service was great during the rabbits game, but once our forwards reverted back to that usual crap his service looked far worse than Lichaa's. Lichaa over Cook for me easily. Still think there is room for cook in the team some where.

BulldogFit

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am adamant that Jim Dymock needs to be our coach. I believe it's time Hasler moved on . We are not challenging for the title , we are just making the 8 each year on inconsistent form and are not showing any true 80 min performances . If we can't make top4 it's a failure of a year . Simple

No excuses next year . Guys like brad abbey , Dane Chisholm , jaline graham must all be given a crack in FG.

T. rex will be gone at end of next season too

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
ennis had a better season than Lichaa. In fact i find Lichaa completely underwhelming tbh. But he is a rookie like MBye so i probably should have more patience. That said (rookie) Cook has shown more in a few matches than Lichaa did all year

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
39-NIL and played off the park...

As much as I'm glad his season is over and unsurprised to see that he bottled it when it most mattered I'm far more concerned about 'Super Coach' Hasler and our chances next year. The funniest thing is that Des will have a really easy off season review: he will just dust off his notes from 2012/13/14 and 15 that failed and change the title and then play EXACTLY the same way next year. A fit T Rex will come back into the side and Lane can play NSW Cup, Mbye and Reynolds will continue to fail in the halves and our forwards will be expected to play as halves.

Oh - and Tolman will take every 4th tackle hit up.

Did I miss anything?
Oh yes - Hasler is STILL a failure at the Dogs.
Yes you missed "hold onto the ball" This will be the main focus in the off season;)

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
T. rex will be gone at end of next season too
Trex was gone the day he put pen to paper.. and out came Dorothy the f*cking useless **** Dinosaur.

If they just f*ck him off now, he still has time to find a spot in super league... As a cheerleader, or an example of how not to play when being paid over the top dollars.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who the hell cares about Ennis

He's been gone for a season and no offence he wouldn't have changed the result for this year given how Hasler has his hookers playing. Both Lichaa and Cook looked good when they ran the ball but eventually became non-entities in attack and just tackling machines.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ennis had a better season than Lichaa. In fact i find Lichaa completely underwhelming tbh. But he is a rookie like MBye so i probably should have more patience. That said (rookie) Cook has shown more in a few matches than Lichaa did all year
If we didn't have Cook we wouldn't have made the top 8 this year , we beat the knights and warriors by 2 and 4 points and cook's evasiveness was the difference.

Lichaa lacks vision , speed and Footwork..

If DES didn't dump Ennis we would have been sitting in the top 4 .. apart from his ability to lead and regather the team after those shit calls ,his try assist ability was a stand out this year..

For those who think he wouldn't have been allowed to use 'vision' are kidding themselves, Ennis was building beautifully last year and reached his peak this year

The truth hurts ...and some people 'caint haindle the truth'

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we didn't have Cook we wouldn't have made the top 8 this year , we beat the knights and warriors by 2 and 4 points and cook's evasiveness was the difference.

Lichaa lacks vision , speed and Footwork..

If DES didn't dump Ennis we would have been sitting in the top 4 .. apart from his ability to lead and regather the team after those shit calls ,his try assist ability was a stand out this year..

For those who think he wouldn't have been allowed to use 'vision' are kidding themselves, Ennis was building beautifully last year and reached his peak this year

The truth hurts ...and some people 'caint haindle the truth'
I have to agree with WM re Ennis. Form and ability aside, it's his leadership and direction we missed most. As passionate as Graham is he's just not Captain material imo

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I was sad we let Ennis go, but it was the right decision. Cook is awesome and Ennis is past his best. That whole cronulla team played like poo on Sat apart from maybe Wade Graham.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was sad we let Ennis go, but it was the right decision. Cook is awesome and Ennis is past his best. That whole cronulla team played like poo on Sat apart from maybe Wade Graham.
That's such a throw about statement that lacks any substance.. and also we got Lichaa not cook to replace Ennis ..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's such a throw about statement that lacks any substance.. and also we got Lichaa not cook to replace Ennis ..
He is past it man, what is the point of keeping people around like him? Lichaa had a solid year, I can't see how Ennis would have done better than he did. Then Cook came along who I think has the potential to be brilliant. Ennis was going to take up a crap load of cap money which simply wasn't worth it.

I loved the guy and it sucks to see him go but it was the right move.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
'Michael Ennis: Never stopped putting in and trying to lift his side. 7/10'

Article: Cowboys vs Sharks Preliminary Final: Who starred and who struggled
Original Source: Courier Mail
Author: Barry Toohey
Date:19th of September 2015

To create this thread is just pathetic..

Ennis has had a fantastic season on and off the field for the Sharks..there is no denying this..heck he is in line for the Dally M hooker of the year.. To read the sheer delight in what some in this forum believe was a below par performance against the Cowboys (who's pack completely dominated the Sharks) is just vindictive and sad..in particular because Ennis was a former player and captain of the club..a guy who last year was instrumental..through will, determination and leadership in helping the Doggies make a charge to the GF from a most unlikely position..and when he was unavailable through injury was sorely missed..

Look For Ennis it was time to move on..he's found a new team where he fits in perfectly..and where the fans appreciate his efforts.. Now if Ennis has moved on people who start these stupid and pathetic threads over any mistakes he makes (oh how easy it is to forget his 17 try assists-the most for any NRL hooker this year) to move on.. And start looking at their own teams backyard..because the Bulldogs..with the roster they had this year..should've been playing for a GF spot this week..and holding the premiership trophy aloft the following Sunday!

Oh and just one more thing.. Heres a quote from a diehard Sharkies fan..yeah it's Phil Rothfield..but it's still valid because if Ennis is as sh&t as what you guys say he is..this bloke would be the first guy to jump on the hating..they can be pretty angry those Shire guy!

Article: Phil Rothfield's highlights,lowlights and talking points from the weekend's sport
Source: Daily Telegraph
Author: Phil Rothfield
Date: 20th September 2015

DOGS WRONG TO LET ENNIS GO
Des Hasler is one of the greats of modern day rugby league coaching. His head of recruitment Noel “Crusher” Cleal has the sharpest eye in the business. But even the best operators make mistakes.
The Bulldogs’ decision not to keep hooker Michael Ennis at the end of last season was a major blunder. Michael Lichaa is a fine young player as is Damien Cook but Canterbury were never the same this year without Ennis’ direction and leadership out of dummy-half.

Nuff said..time to get over the hate..and honestly..the love.. He's gone he ain't never coming back!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wityh the Bulldogs Ennis was near useless as a dummy half. Slow service had him throwing foirward passes or just giving it to a forward going at a slow jog at best. In defence Ennis was heroic with a tally of 40-50tackles a match.

With the Sharks Ennis was able to play football from dummy half and developed one of the better kicking games in the comp.

Lichaa: Not a great deal of spark from dummy half except a few incisive runs. In defence another 40-50 tackles a game man. Next season under Hasler he will be a defensive robot offering no go forward from dummy half.

Cook: Strarted brilliantly in attack from dummy half with very sturdy defence. Then not so brilliant in attack but lifting his defence rate to around 40 tackles

Hasler: Has a serious health issue. Coaching a an attacking side could do his grumpy gutted one sylable reply status some serious damage.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
'Michael Ennis: Never stopped putting in and trying to lift his side. 7/10'

Article: Cowboys vs Sharks Preliminary Final: Who starred and who struggled
Original Source: Courier Mail
Author: Barry Toohey
Date:19th of September 2015

To create this thread is just pathetic..

Ennis has had a fantastic season on and off the field for the Sharks..there is no denying this..heck he is in line for the Dally M hooker of the year.. To read the sheer delight in what some in this forum believe was a below par performance against the Cowboys (who's pack completely dominated the Sharks) is just vindictive and sad..in particular because Ennis was a former player and captain of the club..a guy who last year was instrumental..through will, determination and leadership in helping the Doggies make a charge to the GF from a most unlikely position..and when he was unavailable through injury was sorely missed..

Look For Ennis it was time to move on..he's found a new team where he fits in perfectly..and where the fans appreciate his efforts.. Now if Ennis has moved on people who start these stupid and pathetic threads over any mistakes he makes (oh how easy it is to forget his 17 try assists-the most for any NRL hooker this year) to move on.. And start looking at their own teams backyard..because the Bulldogs..with the roster they had this year..should've been playing for a GF spot this week..and holding the premiership trophy aloft the following Sunday!

Oh and just one more thing.. Heres a quote from a diehard Sharkies fan..yeah it's Phil Rothfield..but it's still valid because if Ennis is as sh&t as what you guys say he is..this bloke would be the first guy to jump on the hating..they can be pretty angry those Shire guy!

Article: Phil Rothfield's highlights,lowlights and talking points from the weekend's sport
Source: Daily Telegraph
Author: Phil Rothfield
Date: 20th September 2015

DOGS WRONG TO LET ENNIS GO
Des Hasler is one of the greats of modern day rugby league coaching. His head of recruitment Noel “Crusher” Cleal has the sharpest eye in the business. But even the best operators make mistakes.
The Bulldogs’ decision not to keep hooker Michael Ennis at the end of last season was a major blunder. Michael Lichaa is a fine young player as is Damien Cook but Canterbury were never the same this year without Ennis’ direction and leadership out of dummy-half.

Nuff said..time to get over the hate..and honestly..the love.. He's gone he ain't never coming back!

good post again but FYI majority of the Bulldogs fans loved him and still love him , all you need to see is the cheers he got at the belmore game from Dogs fans.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
good post again but FYI majority of the Bulldogs fans loved him and still love him , all you need to see is the cheers he got at the belmore game from Dogs fans.
I forgot about those fair fans!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis was great for us while he was at the Bulldogs and is now doing great things at the Sharks.. good luck to him!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ennis is the new JT for some fans...they will still be talking about this over a decade later hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ennis moved the fuk on, why can't everyone else?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis is the new JT for some fans...they will still be talking about this over a decade later hahaha

Well if Liccha had lived upto the hype we wont be talking about Ennis , would we?

I am sure we will be talking about Cook (IF COACHED WELL) over the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.