Ennis won't blame Barba IF he heads north

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben seemed very positive and grateful with the latest Zap's wrap video, I hope Ben and his family the best of lucky and do hope they patch things up.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Already having nightmares about fumbling reserve graders in the 1 jersey.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Greenberg said. ''But it's important to remember that Ben is contracted to us for the next two years. We have never had a discussion about an early release or a potential release.''

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
greenberg talking about not knowing anything about a potential release but all the reports suggests the talks with folau is happening because barba would be released

so its all just one massive coincidence, barba girlfriend moving to the city which wants to pay barba plenty of money while greenberg just happened to be talking to his replacement all along despite not knowing that a replacement was required

its amazing how everything falls into place tbh

now im leaning towards barba will be at brisbane next year, and greenberg has already allowed it to happen

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Barba went to the Broncos, while Josh Hoffman came to the Bulldogs. We'd get a talented player, but also have money to spare in return.

It'd be sad to see him go, but I'll be happy as long as he puts in 100% right up to the end of his time at the Bulldogs.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be very sad for him to leave but if his heart is elsewhere, then it might be for the best.

Hopefully his ex remains in Sydney.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I am hoping to see benny spend his career with us but I really can't help to think that benny is as good as gone. For me to see him run around in another jersey other than the blue and white would extremely upsetting but I really can't blame him for his thought process. The end of the day family is the most important thing and he would need to do what is best for his young kids.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
greenberg talking about not knowing anything about a potential release but all the reports suggests the talks with folau is happening because barba would be released

so its all just one massive coincidence, barba girlfriend moving to the city which wants to pay barba plenty of money while greenberg just happened to be talking to his replacement all along despite not knowing that a replacement was required

its amazing how everything falls into place tbh

now im leaning towards barba will be at brisbane next year, and greenberg has already allowed it to happen
Allowed it to happen because we have wrapped up Folau?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well i do believe i did raise this initially and copped alot of abuse mmmm

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What would be a disaster is if benny didnt decide till end of year and falou already signs with someone else,hopefully toddy gets benny to committ to either extend or if not gives us time to go for falou

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this is pathetic on part of Benny to be honest, he left his family and friends to come down and build his carrier in the first place....... so I dont get why cant he stay where he has been for last 6 years while visiting family up north whenever he likes... Gold coast is only an hour away by plane.

I bet if he was in same situation 2 years ago..... he wont be even thinking about moving anywhere no matter what happened

what if his ex partner finds herself a job in Perth..... what the fuck is he going to do then?

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is pathetic on part of Benny to be honest, he left his family and friends to come down and build his carrier in the first place....... so I dont get why cant he stay where he has been for last 6 years while visiting family up north whenever he likes... Gold coast is only an hour away by plane.

I bet if he was in same situation 2 years ago..... he wont be even thinking about moving anywhere no matter what happened

what if his ex partner finds herself a job in Perth..... what the fuck is he going to do then?
No disrespect to you but when you have kids I'll come back and ask you if you still think your comment stands...

Spending time with your kids is something you can't buy or pay for. Once you have missed out you can't get it back.

If he wants out because of family the so be it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No disrespect to you but when you have kids I'll come back and ask you if you still think your comment stands...

Spending time with your kids is something you can't buy or pay for. Once you have missed out you can't get it back.

Fair point.... but like I said would he quit Rugby League if his missus finds herself a job or decides to move in non rugby league town????

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if dessie really wants benny to stay hell convince ben to stay but it could be a thing of a change after what their relationship has been through maybe they just want out of sydney to start again and as i originally said if he did leave more than likely it would be broncos

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is this.... and I'm not having a go at Ben's ex at all...

If Ben's wife was the main income earner at home or received a once in a life time job that she couldn't refuse then yeah I agree relocate.

But, in reality Ben is the main earner at home, she knew for him to make it in NRL he/they would have to leave Mackay... Where is the sacrifice for your partner/husband...

Fair enough it hasn't been an easy ride for the past year, but things are slowly working out again... No relationship is without issues...

Ben might not like Brisbane or Goldcoast, they are more similar to Sydney then Mackay...

Look at Cam Smith, Billy Slatet and Cooper Cronk... They are all QLD's, all their families live in QLD, yet their wives stick by them in Melbourne and u never hear of them wanting to move....

FFS, after his footy career is over, leave Sydney, move back to Mackay....

Learn to sacrifice stuff for one another....

Dw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if he has to leave, cant he move to union, like the Reds or something

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He is not going anywhere this year. Im sick of hearing about it.
Lets just concentrate on this season, the charge to the top 4 continues!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

well then barba could use his position as the dominant partner to 'recommend' that his family stay in sydney, assuming the family depends on his financial support

but no, "oh its ok honey, you take the kids up there and ill still pay the bills, ill just ask for a release from this club and itll be sweet"

Status
Not open for further replies.