Ennis talks to teammates to prevent drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day Mick choose money over loyalty!!! ......
My bad, I thought you meant that in a degrading way to the guy as opposed to the positive way???

I have absolutely no issue with Mick leaving!!! Infact I see it as a step forward and I applaud Mick for doing what is right for him and his family. But being axed and choosing to leave are two different things. You still haven't answered my question, Where the f#ck did I lable Mick a traitor or an asshole in my previous post???
Well lucky Mick hasn't said he was axed then :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Soo .. has Lichaa actually been OFFICIALLY announced yet by the club?

If so, why not get in early with a "Sack Lichaa" Thread, for when he has an off day!

Sadly, Ennis is an old school hooker, who (like many coaches and players), has not adapted well to either the gameplay, nor speed, of the modern game.

We won't send him away with a premiership (infact the way we are playing we won't get past first week of finals), but in saying that, we are building to something... just not sure how far away that "something" is.

Without harping, by the time we get a quality fullback, a lot of young "up and coming" fullbacks will be firing in the NRL too.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Soo .. has Lichaa actually been OFFICIALLY announced yet by the club?

If so, why not get in early with a "Sack Lichaa" Thread, for when he has an off day!

Sadly, Ennis is an old school hooker, who (like many coaches and players), has not adapted well to either the gameplay, nor speed, of the modern game.

We won't send him away with a premiership (infact the way we are playing we won't get past first week of finals), but in saying that, we are building to something... just not sure how far away that "something" is.

Without harping, by the time we get a quality fullback, a lot of young "up and coming" fullbacks will be firing in the NRL too.
Have faith bro. Look at the Roosters.. lost 3 games in the past 4 weeks. Panthers lost their 2 past games and souths havent had a great season either.
This comp is tight. Ups n downs. Only team really killing it is manly.
We will step up. I believe it. ;)

Oh and who expected Melbourne to have such a bad season?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I hope you are.
No not being sarcastic. Mick saying there's no unrest at the club is like when Ian Thorpe came out saying he's not gay. I'm a strong believer of where there's smoke there's fire.
There have been a couple of let's say 'interesting' management decisions this season a such as the redundancy of the traditional cheerleaders , Fifitagate and you got to question why a club with so much pulling power can't pull a Fullback.

Call it intuition or someone drawing from a couple of experiences under a female boss.
They can be ball breakers and I guess Mick was not a part of the 5 year plan.

I dont really know and feel a little reckless posting my opinion but anyway that's my take on things.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
No not being sarcastic. Mick saying there's no unrest at the club is like when Ian Thorpe came out saying he's not gay. I'm a strong believer of where there's smoke there's fire.
There have been a couple of let's say 'interesting' management decisions this season a such as the redundancy of the traditional cheerleaders , Fifitagate and you got to question why a club with so much pulling power can't pull a Fullback.

Call it intuition or someone drawing from a couple of experiences under a female boss.
They can be ball breakers and I guess Mick was not a part of the 5 year plan.

I dont really know and feel a little reckless posting my opinion but anyway that's my take on things.
Mate I have to say that that post is absolutely absurd. I like to keep my ear pretty close to the ground to hear any rumblings going on at the club and the first suggestion I had heard of any unrest was on this site after our loss on the weekend and that was 100% pure speculation. A simple search for answers for our form slump. The DT have jumped on it and made a story out of it. Mick can hardly be upset when he arrived at the club under exactly the same circumstances when Corey Hughes was moved on. At the time that was what was best for the club. Same this time. Find me a 30+ player who is part of any clubs 5 year plan.

As far as having a female CEO goes I think Des would still have the say in all recruitment and the board still have to ok most changes. To blame our inability to sign a fullback is ridiculous. I actually applaud the club for not wasting a large chunk of our cap on a mediocre fullback just because they are available I.e Locke

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I have to say that that post is absolutely absurd. [/B]I like to keep my ear pretty close to the ground to hear any rumblings going on at the club and the first suggestion I had heard of any unrest was on this site after our loss on the weekend and that was 100% pure speculation. A simple search for answers for our form slump. The DT have jumped on it and made a story out of it. Mick can hardly be upset when he arrived at the club under exactly the same circumstances when Corey Hughes was moved on. At the time that was what was best for the club. Same this time. Find me a 30+ player who is part of any clubs 5 year plan.

As far as having a female CEO goes I think Des would still have the say in all recruitment and the board still have to ok most changes. To blame our inability to sign a fullback is ridiculous. I actually applaud the club for not wasting a large chunk of our cap on a mediocre fullback just because they are available I.e Locke
if that's the first time you heard about this then your ear ain't close enough to the ground

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope there is drama, we play better when there is drama lol

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I hope there is drama, we play better when there is drama lol
we used to be a club who would thrive under these circumstances. These days sadly, I'm not so sure.
We used to be able to score tries as well, now it seems like we're lucky if we get over the line.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL, Wolf 1, Immortal 0.

'...and she connects with that one and it's going...going...gone!!! It's out of the park, over the fence and into traffic!'

Agreed, things have been discussed at the club prior to the DT story surfacing but I'll back the boys to keep it professional and get on with business. Manly have way bigger issues than us and they are performing well. A win this week will go a fair way to setting things back on track.
Haha love the commentary .

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
notice that barba didnt have to do a speech to the team when he left

Status
Not open for further replies.