Ennis misses out on origin spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
Yes, Ennis deserved a spot, as do a couple of other Bulldog players. If the blues get smashed then my guess is the 2nd game may see several changes to the team. But, we have a full squad against the Knights...thanks! ;)

Bulldogsfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
in my opinion
i reckon thats a bad call
atleast Qld will win the series again
bad for nsw but good for the bulldogs

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Ennis deserved a spot, as do a couple of other Bulldog players. If the blues get smashed then my guess is the 2nd game may see several changes to the team. But, we have a full squad against the Knights...thanks! ;)
Don't forget Hannant. Btw.. Hannant should be in the run on squad. The form front rower of the NRL.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually more disappointed for Luke Lewis... I thought he'd be a moral for the squad..

NSW selectors have no fkn idea... I haven't seen one post that agrees with the squad...

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
Don't forget Hannant. Btw.. Hannant should be in the run on squad. The form front rower of the NRL.
I thought Hannant was certainty. I think the selectors have blinkers on.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
I consider myself a true Bulldogs supporter as im sure many of you on here do, but, honestly moving the blue and white glasses aside, Farah is a better player then Ennis and deserves his spot.

Yes, Ennis has been in career best form for the past couple of months, and i can understand some of you liking his style of play, and believe its suited to Origin, but Farah is the best option for NSW - i have no doubt about that.

Taking nothing away from Ennis, I LOVE the fact Ennis is a BULLDOG!

Also, although i thought Mullen deserved selection at 6, overall, i'm pretty happy with the NSW team (for the first time in a long time). IMO, if this NSW team cant beat QLD, no possible current NSW team could - its going to take more then individual talent to win this series.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
I still think Ennis will get a call up for game 2 if NSW get hammered and I agree Hannant should be a starter for the Maroons.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
I still think Ennis will get a call up for game 2 if NSW get hammered and I agree Hannant should be a starter for the Maroons.
I dont, unless there is an injury he wont play.

P

PTE HOLLAND

there is no such thing as going on form these days. pricey and petero will start. But i agree Hannant does deserve to start but highly unlikely.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Farah didnt play on the weekend so i guess he may be on call but in saying that Lewis is the 18th man.

Farah deserves the spot without a doubt. He is more creative and has less errors in his game. As much as I love the dogs and Ennis the selectors got it right. I am sure his time will come soon but on current for Farah would have been the stronger choice, especially with inexperienced halves.

Atleast he will have a run around on sunday and help us win the game. And i will be there cheering him on at newy :p

P

PTE HOLLAND

Yeah well origin is a different ball game i guess how we will see how farah handles rolling his sleeves up on the physical side of things

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had ennis not missed that tackle on poore, he would be wearing a blues jersey and the dogs would have 2 more competition points. I'm still flabagasted at that poor attempt of tackle on poore (pardon the pun!).

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed on the Sunday roast, Mark Geyer was saying that idris should be in contention for a blues jumper if we lose game one. I tend to agree. Jamie Lyon's a great player, but he's part of that old NSW side that keeps on getting hammered. the likes of hodges and inglis aren't afraid of him... Jennings and Idris would be my centres pairing, Jamie Lyon just hasn't been the same since he's come back from England... I reckon he'll get owned. Jennings will create all sorts of problems for the maroons in attack... I don't think he's as bad in defense as gus gould makes him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.