Ennis actually ran from dummy half!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I will never question this blokes heart, nor defensive ability, I will never question his great leadership nor his passion,but I do question his running from dummy half.. When he does run, he often runs into markers (like a couple today)..I gotta point out though I do think he's little steps taken to neutralise the markers is very good..but today one run (about 20m) was vintage Ennis and he should be congratulated..more of this and the Doggies will be on their way!!
Just one more thing...yes the dogs were very ugly today but they still won and those cogs of the Bulldogs machine that have not fitted in properly in six rounds were today closer to slotting in better then they have all this season!

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually believe if Ennis gave up the captaincy, it would allow him concentrate on his own game. Take that responsibility away from him and just tell him to focus on his dummy half skills.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
I actually believe if Ennis gave up the captaincy, it would allow him concentrate on his own game. Take that responsibility away from him and just tell him to focus on his dummy half skills.
tolman for captain? Or franky.. Or eastwood??

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL...sometimes i think Ennis doesnt believe in himself... he should learn from today's game even though he played really well.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL...sometimes i think Ennis doesnt believe in himself... he should learn from today's game even though he played really well.
That is an outstanding observation sir..very true!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He actually had to go backwards first & then he went forwards.
yeah needs more of it tbh. he is becoming a bit predictable in attack. take on the line and see what happens.
as others have suggested maybe he needs the pressure of the captaincy taken off him??? not for any other reason but to concentrate on his own game

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If anyone else its Graham without a doubt but that will just upset things more imo so leave it be, Graham barks his orders and confidence into the team in his own way regardless when he's out there so it dosent really matter tbh....Ennis running the ball today was impressive and great to finally see, this is what is missing from his game to take him anywhere near the Cameron Smith level.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Ennis had a cracker of a game today, and can still improve greatly on it. When he runs from dummy half, and doesn't go one man out, he's a completely different player.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A captain should be an 80 minute player (or close to it). IMO, that rules out Graham and co.

Although I did notice Tolman played a large chunk of today's game.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah needs more of it tbh. he is becoming a bit predictable in attack. take on the line and see what happens.
as others have suggested maybe he needs the pressure of the captaincy taken off him??? not for any other reason but to concentrate on his own game
Yep thats right. He did something different. The defence was waiting for him to pass!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe because in the second half the forwards actually started goin forward and some slightly quicker play the balls didnt hurt.
Ennis cant run from dummy half when our forwards are being dominated.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A captain should be an 80 minute player (or close to it). IMO, that rules out Graham and co.

Although I did notice Tolman played a large chunk of today's game.
Graham can play 80 mins

micko101

Waterboy
Reaction score
When we had the game won we started playing some confident footy. Graham, kasiano and inu will be the missing pieces to the puzzle I think. Not a big fan of having more than one captain but maybe having bupa as a co captain could take a bit of pressure off ennis.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe because in the second half the forwards actually started goin forward and some slightly quicker play the balls didnt hurt.
Ennis cant run from dummy half when our forwards are being dominated.
So true !!

Status
Not open for further replies.