Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently a family friend according to Wendy? Would be great hearing those stories she promised us all!

Ha. I forgot completely about the predator and his role. Completely forgot about that.

What did he do after Liverpool? Maybe @wendog33 you know?
that’s fantastic, cannot wait to hear those yarns from wendog. Will keep an eye out

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The super star that is Bruno has been dropped. For the biggest game of United's season. Dropped.

Wow. Can't believe they're dropping a superstar like Bruno. Huge call.

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No worries. I'm sure she'll tag you in anyway.

It's funny as I absolutely love Liverpool but know very little about Craig and his time there.
hi there tassie, the 86 FA cup final highlights popped up on my YouTube recommends last night and I re-lived a couple great moments including Craig tucking away the 2nd goal at the far post (im sure u remember it well).

just wondering if the other member who is close family friends with Craig has shared the stories or if u forget to tag me? Thanks mate.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thottenham Hotspur Football Super Club lost overnight to NS Mura... a Slovenian club even I have not heard of

a club allergic to trophies, to success

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thottenham Hotspur Football Super Club lost overnight to NS Mura... a Slovenian club even I have not heard of

a club allergic to trophies, to success
They would have been better off signing someone like Ralph Ragnick who hasn’t really coached a big team before or won a major trophy . Perfect match.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pity any good coach that goes to Tottenham

and Rangnick is a great pick up for United... not enough football people, football minds at Old Trafford in recent times

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
hi there tassie, the 86 FA cup final highlights popped up on my YouTube recommends last night and I re-lived a couple great moments including Craig tucking away the 2nd goal at the far post (im sure u remember it well).

just wondering if the other member who is close family friends with Craig has shared the stories or if u forget to tag me? Thanks mate.
Stories that were going to be promoted were all a figment of imagination mate :grinning:
I never met Craig. My Dad was best mates through a sporting business association.

You can find all that was originally said in the Man U thread if you are genuine :grinning:

Craig made a great contribution and legacy for Australian football players in UK. I only counted myself as a casual admirer and had no association with him myself.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching the United game.

Just saw a stat that's interesting. From Bruno.

Last 14 shots in the EPL? None on target.

Watch him go on and score now! Hope he does, but utter dross that from such a world class player!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching the United game.

Just saw a stat that's interesting. From Bruno.

Last 14 shots in the EPL? None on target.

Watch him go on and score now! Hope he does, but utter dross that from such a world class player!
When Ragnick comes Bruno’s starting spot is in jeopardy unless he starts tracking back.
I understand why Ronaldo is allowed to get away with it m he’s 36 and the quality he has is scoring goals, and he has been scoring many goals.
But Bruno without the penalties is unravelling into the average player that he is. He’s not scoring goals, he does not track back to defend . He’s probably actually one of the reasons they are travelling the way they are .
How about Carrick benching Ronaldo against Chelsea ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Ragnick comes Bruno’s starting spot is in jeopardy unless he starts tracking back.
I understand why Ronaldo is allowed to get away with it m he’s 36 and the quality he has is scoring goals, and he has been scoring many goals.
But Bruno without the penalties is unravelling into the average player that he is. He’s not scoring goals, he does not track back to defend . He’s probably actually one of the reasons they are travelling the way they are .
How about Carrick benching Ronaldo against Chelsea ?
Spoke about this on another thread actually.

Will be intersting seeing what they do with Ronaldo, as Ragnick likes the whole team to defend. How does Ronaldo fit into that?

It's going to be really interesting seeing how United react. You'd think that the first move will be to put VDB in the starting lineup, and then go from there?

Bruno ... being shown up for the player he is. You picked it, and you were right. Just not good enough.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In a nutshell
Carragher : Why did you sign Ronaldo?
Keane : To win the FA cup

:fearscream::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::fearscream:
At least Roy isn’t as delusional as some others :tonguewink:

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spoke about this on another thread actually.

Will be intersting seeing what they do with Ronaldo, as Ragnick likes the whole team to defend. How does Ronaldo fit into that?

It's going to be really interesting seeing how United react. You'd think that the first move will be to put VDB in the starting lineup, and then go from there?

Bruno ... being shown up for the player he is. You picked it, and you were right. Just not good enough.
Bruno might as well be Sacha Baren Cohen a total comedy act on the pitch and his name matches the movie BRUNO