Emotional Campbell out of All Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
An emotional Preston Campbell has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming All Stars clash, handing over the captaincy of the Indigenous side to Johnathan Thurston.

Concept creator Campbell has been battling a hamstring injury in the hope he could lead the Indigenous All Stars against the NRL All Stars at Skilled Park on Saturday week.

However he reluctantly made the decision on Wednesday he could not play in such a special game when not 100 per cent fit.

"It's disappointing to miss out, particularly because it's such a big game for me," Campbell said.

"But I'm only about 80 per cent fit at the moment and because it's such a significant game for a lot of people, it's only fair to have the strongest team out there on the field.

"The positive thing is that I'll still be involved in all the great community activities that happen off the field during All Stars week."

Thurston was "honoured" to be given the job of replacing Campbell as captain.

"Taking on the role of captain in a side that represents my people is very special and I'll be doing everything I can to live up to the high standard that Preston set as the inaugural captain of the side last year," said Thurston.

Parramatta hooker Anthony Mitchell will replace Campbell in the squad, while Warriors utility Joel Moon has been called up for Broncos forward Sam Thaiday (groin) who was ruled out last week.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I know Mitchell is replacing Campbell in the side, but who's playing Fullback?

This gives Barba a chance to play @ Fullback as well for the match.

P

Paint.

I know Mitchell is replacing Campbell in the side, but who's playing Fullback?

This gives Barba a chance to play @ Fullback as well for the match.
I thin Bowen will start and Barba will get a chance during the match

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with all the crap thurston has been involved in over the last few months, i dont think he is deserving to be the captain

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with all the crap thurston has been involved in over the last few months, i dont think he is deserving to be the captain
I think its ironically fitting given his past he is deemed a leader in the indigenous side (no racist)

Status
Not open for further replies.