El Masri charges dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am glad this case is over and Hazem is innocent but as others have said his name and reputation has now been tarnished leaving him to certain forms of discrimination which are not called for.

He done so much for the community and look what this women plus the media has done to make it seem like it never happened.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all said it as well as I could guys - shared sentiments.
Hazem is an icon of an amazing nrl talent, a really decent man and a statement that sport (nrl) is bigger than racism, religious-ism to whatever 'ism.

I remember Hazem playing in the stinking heat during Ramadan and having a blinder wondering how he did it!
What a man, what a player what a positive role model in Rugby League.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Allegedly, the nrl is a professional competition

Reactions: GDR

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You all said it as well as I could guys - shared sentiments.
Hazem is an icon of an amazing nrl talent, a really decent man and a statement that sport (nrl) is bigger than racism, religious-ism to whatever 'ism.

I remember Hazem playing in the stinking heat during Ramadan and having a blinder wondering how he did it!
What a man, what a player what a positive role model in Rugby League.
I'll admit when I heard of this whole case first come out in the news I was heartbroken as one of my idols growing up could even allegedly do this then started to hear rumours and inside news from people who have connections to both parties about his innocence which made me feel better. But now hearing official news gives the all clear but I really feel for Hazem as he has been dragged through this that has affected his life when he didn't deserve it.

Malla

Reaction score
It's amazing how much attention this got when everything came out with the allegations. Now that he's innocent, not a peep. One report from Ch 9 and 7 last night and that's it. Shame shame shame.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's amazing how much attention this got when everything came out with the allegations. Now that he's innocent, not a peep. One report from Ch 9 and 7 last night and that's it. Shame shame shame.
That's the filthy media for you.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll admit when I heard of this whole case first come out in the news I was heartbroken as one of my idols growing up could even allegedly do this then started to hear rumours and inside news from people who have connections to both parties about his innocence which made me feel better. But now hearing official news gives the all clear but I really feel for Hazem as he has been dragged through this that has affected his life when he didn't deserve it.
Agree. This one was a little bit different to others reported in the news over the last 12-18 months; at the outset people came out and dismissed the allegations, from both sides as you said, but still the rumours were disturbing. One would be right in saying that the media has given the clearing of his name no real credence and very little air time. At least though we did not have the constant ' mental anguish and depression' card thrust in our faces every five minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.