Eg 999,999 of media bias against club. QLD 14th man

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@BDPScarface

So you know, they were punished, at the time it happened.

Queensland were penalised for having 14 players on the field in a bizarre moment of confusion during Wednesday’s Origin opener.

Referee Ashley Klein was heard in Channel 9’s coverage blowing his whistle and saying “penalty — 14 players on the field,” as a baffled Collins turned around.

Last edited:

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@BDPScarface

So you know, they were punished, at the time it happened.

Queensland were penalised for having 14 players on the field in a bizarre moment of confusion during Wednesday’s Origin opener.

Referee Ashley Klein was heard in Channel 9’s coverage blowing his whistle and saying “penalty — 14 players on the field,” as a baffled Collins turned around.

Check the title dude. I'm not too worried about what happened to QLD. It's the media bias. Right now as it stands, it is recorded history that only the mitigating circumstances surrounding the Bulldogs incident, out of probably about a dozen or so in the NRL period, was sufficiently inconsequential that it was worthy of competition points penalty deduction.

I know QLD copped a in game penalty, but Souths didn't cop a competition points penalty from the other week. Nor should they have. Nor should we have had.

And at the very least, if the rugby league community, and in this case the media, have any contrition (they don't) about unequal treatment of our club, the least they can do is
a) acknowledge we suffered the most severe and never repeated punishment
b) don't obfuscate by trying to paint the Broncos as having lost points. They did not. The NRL decided to reverse the ruling on their appeal. For ours, they claimed we were somehow particularly egregious in our mistake, that they refused.
I was going to say that it suggests the NRL thought we cheated.. but this is exuberance, and I take it back. Because they would have given Penrith the points in that situation.