Eels No.7 Smith to play out NRL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Parramatta coach Michael Hagan says halfback Tim Smith should be fit to play out the NRL season despite partially dislocating his shoulder last week.

Smith left the field early in Parramatta's 14-10 loss to Melbourne last Friday but returned to bravely complete the tense match.

The Eels have an extended turnaround until Monday's clash with St George Illawarra and Hagan is backing Smith to be fit after naming an unchanged line-up.

"It's one of those injuries we will have to manage until the end of the year," said Hagan.

"The fact he got back on the field and played pretty strongly I think showed he is confident enough to handle that and he is important to us at this time of year."

The Eels' clash with the Dragons is a must-win for Parramatta's top-four aspirations as successive losses have seen them drop to fifth on the NRL table.

"The performance against Melbourne was nearly our best of the season, despite the final result," said Hagan.

"There are two games to go and they are two games we have to win if we want to make the top four, we are well aware of that."

New Zealand Warriors will welcome back in-form fullback Wade McKinnon for Sunday's blockbuster with Manly.

Coach Ivan Cleary has included McKinnon, a late withdrawal in the last two rounds because of an ankle injury, in an otherwise unchanged starting 13.

Cleary has named an expanded seven-man bench, with the Warriors' premier league side the Auckland Lions having the bye.

"We've had players who have gone really well in premier league lately," Cleary said referring to Louis Anderson and Lance Hohaia.

"They deserve the chance to compete for spots for this week's game."

Manly are expected to welcome back captain Matt Orford after he missed the loss to South Sydney with a thigh strain.

Craig Wing will be pushed back into halfback when the Sydney Roosters clash with Penrith on Saturday night as Heath L'Estrange returns from suspension at hooker with Mitchell Pearce to come off the bench.

Panthers prop Joel Clinton was not recalled after he was stood down by the club last week for an off-field incident.

Source: AAP

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In regards to the Roosters half of the article

I think Pearce has come into FG way to early. People spoke him up something severe and tbh i have not been impressed whatsoever. He reminds of of Ben Roberts- Buckles under pressure. A few more games might get him there - but i dont think he will be as great as everyone thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.