eels lose to second string sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
saw on the news that the eels with practically a full strength team went down to a second string sharks team...Ouch
Also, in the tigers v Warriors game Benji Marshall dislocated a shoulder.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Parra for the wooden spoon in 05!

Reaction score
yeah i saw dat 2 lol sharks had a **** team and still beat da eels lol.

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
ahhh i wonder what David Reynolds would be thinkin now!!! Remember this from a bit earlier this year?

Dave Ronalds has a look at the 2005 NRL Season and how the 15 clubs will shape up this season.

1st PARRAMATTA EELS
Brian Smith has recruited excellent this year and finally the Supercoach will get his first Premiership. PJ Marsh has been training extremely well and is over his neck problems. Marsh will solve the Eels halfback woes. The forward pack will be awesome with captain Nathan Cayless, Nathan Hindmarsh, Glenn Morrison, Daniel Wagon, Paul Stringer, Mark Riddell and the tough as nails Michael Vella all in the mix. Timana Tahu gives the Eels so much spark outwide. Expect a massive revival this year and the Premiership the Eels were robbed off in 2001 will be here in 2005. Smith is the most astute judge in the game and the great man will reap the awards he richly deserves. With Dennis Fitzgerald as boss Parramatta have the best setup in the business.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the "supercoach" will turn it around im sure
its probably just that cronulla have a really good premier league side
they may even win the 05 title
(in case you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic)

Christabella

Reaction score
Oh dear, the one team who takes trials more seriously than any other and they still fail miserably ... I almost feel sorry for the Eels fans because if they can't win a trial then they'll really struggle to win an actual match ... ALMOST! hehehe ;)

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
I was at the game. Parra have big problems in '05 if they play ANYTHING like they did last night.
The game before it between Tweed Heads Seagulls and U.S.A Tomohawks was a disgrace. Seagulls beat them 52-14.

Reaction score
parra i thought would of been ok dis year but it seems der goin down da drain.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Tweed Heads 52-14 thats because they werent asked to go to sleep in the 1st half

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Mr_Rodriguez said:
the "supercoach" will turn it around im sure
its probably just that cronulla have a really good premier league side
they may even win the 05 title
(in case you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic)
Didnt the cronulla 1st division team make the grand final against the Roosters? or was that the Jersey fleg gf they made it in?

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
that was jersey flegg, by the way wests tigers didnt play warriors they played ITALY! :D

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
i heard the tigers gave it to italy, won by like 70 or something

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Get used to hearing these words come out of Smiths mouth.
"We are not playing as a team and we need to improve on a few things. I think we can take some good things out of this. Tonight/Today our best players were Morrison and Hindmarsh, they worked hard all night/day."

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
A Full Stength 20 man Parramatta squad including the six new players Mark Riddell, Timana Tahu, Ian Henderson, Paul Stringer, Henry Perenara and Glenn Morrison and PJ Marsh (returns after a three year absence) were defeated 24-18 by the Sharks in the first trial game for the 2005 NRL season at Oakes Oval in Lismore. The match was played before more than 12,000 fans.

After the match, Eels coach Brian smith described the performance as patchy and said: "There were some really good signs there but also heaps of stuff to work on.

A

atomic_crimson

its the coach who is a problem.. i read an interview with dykes me thinkis it was.. he said that smith offers u no room to play whats in front of you rahter that u have to play to a set structure which smith comes up with... so what if the games isnt going in that direction..well parra cant do anything otherwise u cop it from smith... thats why their halfback has been one of their major problems..

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
with Cayless, Stringer, Vella, Cannings, Hindmarsh, Morrison, Riddell etc. the Eels have a forward pack this season that can compete with the better teams... plus they have some quality in the outside backs (Tahu, Grothe etc.)...

but they have no halves... Marsh has had a serious neck injury and prefers playing hooker, Morris is a utility at best and has no kicking game, and Tim Smith, although talented, has no first grade experience... i'm not sure what Smith was thinking releasing Witt, Thorman and Dykes and only recruiting Marsh, who must be considered a gamble...

YoUnG_DoG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeh, the eels are ****, and my mate plays for the sharks, "keith galloway" and the coach gave him a big rap for the game he played, so good on him..
so yeh the sharkies will have a good line up i rekon and the eels will slip further this year

Status
Not open for further replies.