Other News Source Eels looking at Waddell and Alamoti

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti would make a solid 13 when he fills out his body. Guy is still a Flegg player.

Just needs a lot more work with tackling technique and defensive reads. Needs to work his ass off and just build into his body. But with the proper development I can’t see why he couldn’t be a starting 13 in round 1 2025.

He just needs to want it. Too slow for centre and at the moment a little undersized and green for lock. But silky hands and can use his shoulder in tackles when he wants to. Just needs to learn how to do it more consistently and perfect it. I wouldn’t be letting him go get. If he puts it all together he’ll be a 500-600k a year player then the sky is the limit.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compared to the pretty much most of the team, Waddell has actually put in effort this year. But if he does find elsewhere , I would be ok as long as we find a better replacement. But knowing Waddell he worked hard this year just impress the coach, gets re-signed then goes back to his lazy self :tearsofjoy: Surely there’s options out there for next year for us

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issue with Waddell leaving, personally hoping he isn't extended. I'm just not a fan of what he offers, especially on an edge. Alamoti I wouldn't give up on just yet (still in the potential bracket for me) but he needs more time in reserve grade and like a lot of our kids we need our NRL side to be going better to help them transition.
Yeah I hope we give Alamoti another season at right price.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would keep Wadell. Cheap, reliable on the most part and realistically who are we buying for 300k that’s going to perform better?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I had no idea where he came from
I only knew he came from Parra because he rocked up to one of our training sessions and not one kid knew he was an actual player.

True story.

I did feel sorry for him at the time, now I just laugh lol

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep Wadell. Cheap, reliable on the most part and realistically who are we buying for 300k that’s going to perform better?
Anyone that knows how to tackle one on one

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bye Alomiti, how pumped up was this guy by every commentator at the start of season, He has been average.