News 'Easy to change things': Cameron Ciraldo's defensive mindset pays off with 32-0 Titans shutout

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You aren't delusional, CC & Gus have a plan.

Attitude makes or breaks a team, therefore I believe we are finally back on track, not because of one win.

Gus's 5 year plan is to build the full structure of the club starting from pathways.
Yes and we know Gus and he has a great head for footy not just on the field but behind it as seen with Bulldogs in 1988, the Panthers, Roosters and NSW SOO.

I remember a time when Gus left the Dogs in 86 and was playing for Souths and he single handedly ripped us apart and knew how to beat us at our own game scoring a try and setting up 2. He was in the forwards but was playing like a 5/8. I always thought whenever he played or coached he had a great footy head and a mastermind at turning the odds.

Gus knows all about attitudes and beliefs. When he took over NSW you could see that in the players bleeding for NSW. Its a bit like Bennett and Bellamy who not only know the game but understand the players and what motivates them.

A big part of that with the Dogs is Gould not only understands the attitudes to win but how that relates to being a Bulldog. He experienced that as a player when Bulldogs were bred and it was all about family culture and belonging as a Bulldog. We are just getting back to basics and our roots.

Combined with his understanding of the modern game and how to administer that like with the Panthers connection I reckon we are in a good place at the moment like you said despite the win against the Titans and our recent loss to Souths. Its going to be inconsistent and patchy for a while but we can see the overall quality, commitment and standard is gradually being cemented.

We may be short a couple of players but we are close and I would not be surprised to see some more good wins this year especially in the second half of the season. Unfortunately our start may stops us making the 8 but we can build at the back end into another good preseason and know that we are going to be even better next season.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes and we know Gus and he has a great head for footy not just on the field but behind it as seen with Bulldogs in 1988, the Panthers, Roosters and NSW SOO.

I remember a time when Gus left the Dogs in 86 and was playing for Souths and he single handedly ripped us apart and knew how to beat us at our own game scoring a try and setting up 2. He was in the forwards but was playing like a 5/8. I always thought whenever he played or coached he had a great footy head and a mastermind at turning the odds.

Gus knows all about attitudes and beliefs. When he took over NSW you could see that in the players bleeding for NSW. Its a bit like Bennett and Bellamy who not only know the game but understand the players and what motivates them.

A big part of that with the Dogs is Gould not only understands the attitudes to win but how that relates to being a Bulldog. He experienced that as a player when Bulldogs were bred and it was all about family culture and belonging as a Bulldog. We are just getting back to basics and our roots.

Combined with his understanding of the modern game and how to administer that like with the Panthers connection I reckon we are in a good place at the moment like you said despite the win against the Titans and our recent loss to Souths. Its going to be inconsistent and patchy for a while but we can see the overall quality, commitment and standard is gradually being cemented.

We may be short a couple of players but we are close and I would not be surprised to see some more good wins this year especially in the second half of the season. Unfortunately our start may stops us making the 8 but we can build at the back end into another good preseason and know that we are going to be even better next season.
Not all fans share the same opinion and that is fine, there is the full picture to every situation if people chose to look,
The results of consecutive mismanagement of the roster and cap by Greenberg & Hasler Castle & Dib Hill & Anderson not only led to our struggles in first grade but we also failed for years to have any representatives on senior and junior levels,
People opting to ignore the evident of success that Gus and Co are having should seek the truth, all it takes is an honest look at the wider picture, that's all !!!

Last edited:

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not all fans share the same opinion and that is fine, there is the full picture to every situation if people chose to look,
The results of consecutive mismanagement of the roster and cap by Greenberg & Hasler Castle & Dib Hill & Anderson not only led to our struggles in first grade but we also failed for years to have any representatives on senior and junior levels,
People opting to ignore the evident of success that Gus and Co are having should seek the truth, all it takes is an honest look at the wider picture, that's all !!!
In some ways I am just as happy if not more that our juniors are doing well as it points to a future where there will be many great home grown players which is getting back to our roots as well as having players we developed who are committed to us.

We have a pretty good team at the moment when all players are avilable but most have been bought in from other systems and clubs. The reason why the Panthers, Broncos and Storm do so well is they develop their players from young into the systems and culture of the club. We also lacked that professionalism which CC is bringing in and these will produce results eventually.