Early Thoughts: Semi Finals - Bulldogs vs Manly Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
We were great last week. No doubt about it, that's how you play finals footy and I'm excited that Des is excited however I will never underestimate a wounded opponent especially one such as Manly (Whom I hate) but for there football over the past decade should be respected. Like others have said it will be low scoring and tight but I dont believe there forwards and rotations will match ours for 80. Some luck and consistency from last week will get us over the line. Manly trained alot harder then what Joey said last week and I dont know if that's a good thing or bad for them?

I am confident after last week but that consistency when we beat the storm earlier in the year to start a 7 win streak is needed again.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We were great last week. No doubt about it, that's how you play finals footy and I'm excited that Des is excited however I will never underestimate a wounded opponent especially one such as Manly (Whom I hate) but for there football over the past decade should be respected. Like others have said it will be low scoring and tight but I dont believe there forwards and rotations will match ours for 80. Some luck and consistency from last week will get us over the line. Manly trained alot harder then what Joey said last week and I dont know if that's a good thing or bad for them?

I am confident after last week but that consistency when we beat the storm earlier in the year to start a 7 win streak is needed again.
The game is not won on the training paddock

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the update bro.
No worries not sure how Daniel Harrison will go been a while since top flight footy, was good at parra tackled hard, haven't seen for while. I Like Horo at hooker takes some of his edge running out of it..Hodges maybe thinking some spark come on after 20, see how goes with Klemmer running at him.haha. No idea if Horo plays hooker what they thinking of trying to pull off

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No worries not sure how Daniel Harrison will go been a while since top flight footy, was good at parra tackled hard, haven't seen for while. I Like Horo at hooker takes some of his edge running out of it..Hodges maybe thinking some spark come on after 20, see how goes with Klemmer running at him.haha. No idea if Horo plays hooker what they thinking of trying to pull off
Any word on Tafua being dropped or switched to second row?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any word on Tafua being dropped or switched to second row?
Na sorry mate only asked about Ballin at hooker good question though not sure what would rather maybe Tafua on wing on recent form..

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mighty Swans are into the Grand Final!
Bulldogs to win tomorrow!

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly still have dangerous players all over the paddock. Jamie Lyon in particular can rip teams apart on that right edge. Fortunately for us we have (IMO) the best defensive centre in the game marking him.

Actually there's a couple decent match-ups.

Reynolds vs Foran.
Hodkinson vs DCE.
Lafai vs Matai should be alright as well. I can imagine Matai trying to put a shot on Lafai early to assert his dominance... but ultimately ending up getting completely outplayed by Lafai in the end.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Theres no doubt DCE is the danger man. he could wreak some havoc around the ruck with our big men but if we have the same intencity as last week, the flee shouldn't have any room to move.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
horo to play hooker, not sure if toovey is trying to play silly mind games though

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly still have dangerous players all over the paddock. Jamie Lyon in particular can rip teams apart on that right edge. Fortunately for us we have (IMO) the best defensive centre in the game marking him.

W
Reynolds vs Foran.
Hodkinson vs DCE.
Lafai vs Matai should be alright as well. I can imagine Matai trying to put a shot on Lafai early to assert his dominance... but ultimately ending up getting completely outplayed by Lafai in the end.
The refs vs the dogs ?

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reynolds vs Foran.
Hodkinson vs DCE.
Can't wait I'm so pumped ,last final I went to in 2012 and we beat them it was crazy as and playing that game at the sfs on a slow pitch can't get any better for us !!

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Matai is a beast and a grub if he can't win he'll make sure he'll twist your leg.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Papers are reporting big changes for womanly tonyt.
hope des is ontop of all tooveys dribble
with horo at hooker there should be no element of dummy half running or scoots/speed from dummy half. Just shut down foran and dce. Perfect

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A little nervous this morning, I sense an ambush....but if dogs play like last week , we got this easily

Status
Not open for further replies.