$21 Cronulla
$21 Newcastle
$23 Bulldogs
$26 Brisbane
$34 Warriors
$34 North Queensland
$41 Wests Tigers
$51 St George Illawarra

Probably got us pretty spot on. Dependant on further rule changes & how a couple of fresh squads such as our dogs shape up there might be a fair log jam between 3rd & 12th.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TAB odds
$5.50 Melbourne
$6.00 Penrith
$7.00 Manly
$8.00 South Sydney
$9.00 Roosters
$12 Parramatta
$15 Gold Coast
$19 Canberra
$21 Cronulla
$21 Newcastle
$23 Bulldogs
$26 Brisbane
$34 Warriors
$34 North Queensland
$41 Wests Tigers
$51 St George Illawarra

Probably got us pretty spot on. Dependant on further rule changes & how a couple of fresh squads such as our dogs shape up there might be a fair log jam between 3rd & 12th.
I reckon anyone outside the top 6 should be paying triple figures. There is a pretty big gap between them and the rest

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon anyone outside the top 6 should be paying triple figures. There is a pretty big gap between them and the rest
I’d tend to agree but manly still heavily reliant on the health of Tom, Souths likely to be rolling out a rookie half and without gagai, Parra will be basically unchanged and can’t get a gauge on the chooks.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
TAB odds
$5.50 Melbourne
$6.00 Penrith
$7.00 Manly
$8.00 South Sydney
$9.00 Roosters
$12 Parramatta
$15 Gold Coast
$19 Canberra
$21 Cronulla
$21 Newcastle
$23 Bulldogs
$26 Brisbane
$34 Warriors
$34 North Queensland
$41 Wests Tigers
$51 St George Illawarra

I reckon we should be expected to go a little better than 'Nulla or Newcastle.... Also, I'd have Souths and Roosters a little higher than Manly given how dependent the latter are on one player and how one dimensional they are.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we should be expected to go a little better than 'Nulla or Newcastle.... Also, I'd have Souths and Roosters a little higher than Manly given how dependent the latter are on one player and how one dimensional they are.
What are the odds Turbo, Foran and DCE have another year almost completely injury free? Luck was definitely on their side this year.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If manly can get a good dummy half they will be very hard to beat next year especially with the confidence gained getting to the top 4 this year. Danger team next year and still alive this year

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roosters look overs imo
Agree Roosters should be shorter odds based on performance this year and the cattle they will have back next year. And would have expected Souths to be longer odds without Reynolds, and new coach.

I also think we will be above the Sharks.. Moylan and Hynes in the Halves not sure how well that will work.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree Roosters should be shorter odds based on performance this year and the cattle they will have back next year. And would have expected Souths to be longer odds without Reynolds, and new coach.
The Chooks need a huge overhaul in their roster, Cordner‘s gone, so‘s Friend, Mozzies both retired, Liu gone to the Titans, Tupou is 31 next year and JWH at 33 is another year older and age gets shown up with the new rules. They have a young half in Walker with next to zero NRL finals experience and Keary will be 30 next year and seems to be more injury prone. They have some big shoes to fill and the Chooks have 6 spots of their 30 for 2022 unfilled as at now, the only new players they have signed are Connor Watson and Atoni. How they fill the vacancies will determine their position next year.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chooks need a huge overhaul in their roster, Cordner‘s gone, so‘s Friend, Mozzies both be retired, Liu gone to the Titans, Tupou is 31 next year and JWH at 33 is another year older and age gets shown up with the new rules. They have a young half in Walker with next to zero NRL finals experience and Keary will be 30 next year and seems to be more injury prone. They have some big shoes to fill and the Chooks have 6 spots of their 30 for 2022 unfilled as at now, the only new players they have signed are Connor Watson and Atoni. How they fill the vacancies will determine their position next year.

Always a Bulldog
Roosters no doubt will have $6.5m freed up on the salary cap after the retirements of Cordner, Friend and the Morris brothers. They will be active in the player market during the off-season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we finish above Broncos. I think they're in for a much better year with Reynolds coming. Those odds for us are better than I was expecting tbh.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won’t be touching us in the premiership market but could be enticed by the Top 8 market if they offer up some somewhat juicy odds.
trouble is the tightarses likely won't mate.
EG a quick glance i see the Raiders are only $19 what a joke, Newcastle 21, Warriors and Nth Qld only 34 should all be double if they had any balls...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters no doubt will have $6.5m freed up on the salary cap after the retirements of Cordner, Friend and the Morris brothers. They will be active in the player market during the off-season.
Money isn't ever the issue for the Chooks, but finding suitable replacements, players at the right price for the right skill level, is the issue.

Always a Bulldog

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
trouble is the tightarses likely won't mate.
EG a quick glance i see the Raiders are only $19 what a joke, Newcastle 21, Warriors and Nth Qld only 34 should all be double if they had any balls...
You’re right there mate but at the end of the day if I think we’re in good enough shape to make the 8 then I’ll probably jump on whatever odds are offered. As they say a short priced winner is still better than a long odds loser.