DWZ is the best signing the Bulldogs have made since Morris in 2015

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally agree, one of our best signings. He has made a significant impact to our squad since joining and it is clearly evident.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think DWZ would be as valuable moving him from Fullback, keep him there give him time to develop and will be on of the better Fullbacks running around in the future.

Tom and Jake cant see moving from Manly, possibly best option is to bring over Mitchell. Arrow is commanding too much coin IMO and has issues with Injuries. If we are throwing a mil at anyone Latrell for mine.
Rather Manu or Curtis Scott. Mitchell may be too high maintenance for us. We don't need anymore side issues derailing our progress. Just can't see him knuckling down with us...but a fantastic player with the kind of x factor we need.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rather Manu or Curtis Scott. Mitchell may be too high maintenance for us. We don't need anymore side issues derailing our progress. Just can't see him knuckling down with us...but a fantastic player with the kind of x factor we need.
Oh id like Manu also, but im just talking about who we've been linked with. Don't think the Roosters have mentioned anything about Manu being available. Not that contracts mean a lot these days.

Mitchell would be an X Factor that we need. And quality Goal Kicker
1 - DWZ 2 - Smith 3 - Mitchell 4 - Ramien/Scott 5 - Okunbor/Hoppa wouldn't be a bad backline from 2021.
Could see some points being scored that's for sure.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think DWZ would be as valuable moving him from Fullback, keep him there give him time to develop and will be on of the better Fullbacks running around in the future.

Tom and Jake cant see moving from Manly, possibly best option is to bring over Mitchell. Arrow is commanding too much coin IMO and has issues with Injuries. If we are throwing a mil at anyone Latrell for mine.
Titans are willing to pay Arrow 800k. We have to pay overs on players (that are still wanted by their clubs) to get them here. I think Arrow was QLD's best forward in Origin 1 (I think he was a big enough difference that NSW would of lost game 3 if he was playing) this year and he'll be playing for Australia in the next test (which makes him a top 4 Prop in the game at least). There was also an article a few months ago indicating that we would be building the club around a goal kicker and forward (straight out of 1 of the Andersons mouth), I think there is something to that and Latrell and Arrow fit that build perfectly.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Curtis Scott we could get cheap (if he is unwanted by Storm), but Manu we'd have to over pay on his current value (whatever you think that is) by 200-300k. IMO Curtis Scott would be a player we look at if Ramien doesn't come through.

Also if we sign Latrell, I guess we don't have to play him Fullback, we're buying the best Centre in the game 300k over his value (1m), but it'd mean Hopoate is on the Wing.

What I prefer
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Ramien
5. Reimis

What we could do
1. DWZ
2. Hopoate
3. Latrell
4. Ramien
5. Reimis

Hopoate Wing doesn't look right to me tho.
DWZ would also command more $ playing Fullback, I'd offer him 500k on the Wing, but I think he'd be looking more towards 700k playing Fullback.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titans are willing to pay Arrow 800k. We have to pay overs on players (that are still wanted by their clubs) to get them here. I think Arrow was QLD's best forward in Origin 1 (I think he was a big enough difference that NSW would of lost game 3 if he was playing) this year and he'll be playing for Australia in the next test (which makes him a top 4 Prop in the game at least). There was also an article a few months ago indicating that we would be building the club around a goal kicker and forward (straight out of 1 of the Andersons mouth), I think there is something to that and Latrell and Arrow fit that build perfectly.
If we got Mitchell and Arrow I think thats a huge step in the right direction. Only worrying thing about that is nearly 2 mil in these 2 players and DWZ would probably be wanting the same, doesn't leave much for the rest of the squad.
All the top teams have a Top half/Hooker and we may need to recruit in this area to be contenders. Only thing that may help us is if Wakeham/Cogger/Lewis step up and improve.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is the best signing we have made since James Graham.

Honestly didn't realise he was this good.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we got Mitchell and Arrow I think thats a huge step in the right direction. Only worrying thing about that is nearly 2 mil in these 2 players and DWZ would probably be wanting the same, doesn't leave much for the rest of the squad.
All the top teams have a Top half/Hooker and we may need to recruit in this area to be contenders. Only thing that may help us is if Wakeham/Cogger/Lewis step up and improve.
I think missing out on Kyle Flanagan is huge (we were in for him, but Roosters, the only other club in for him, beat us). When I look what is on the market I would just stick with what we have in the Halves, I think who we go with depends on how Foran goes next year, if it's basically the same as the last 2 years, I think Lewis/Cogger in the Halves, but if Foran turns it around then Foran/Lewis (Foran on a new deal 1/2 the $). We've been linked with Koroisau and outside Grant there are not really any other options (and no top Hooker). 2021 is the year we have all the $ going into it so we have to recruit what is available, which is a Fullback (can play Latrell Centre I guess...) and Prop/Lock.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
Brett Morris was meant to be our solution at fullback but could barely string together 80 mins there and ended up being an overpaid winger.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brett Morris was meant to be our solution at fullback but could barely string together 80 mins there and ended up being an overpaid winger.
That's the risk you take. You have to over pay to get top players from other clubs (maybe unless you're successful). It's more justifiable to move a Winger or Centre to Fullback for that $.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Morris? Brett? Did he play for us? Fucked if I can remember. DWZ IS THE BEST SIGNING SINCE GRAHAM.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol Brett was not a good signing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And in february when i said hes the best fullback to come here to us.
99 percent of posters rubbished me and told me hes not a fucking fullback. Now look at everyone licking his bum. Lol
He has surprised me a little but his ball playing is non existent and it's such a major part of a fullbacks game these days. He has to improve this if he's going to be a genuine long-term option and reach the upper tier of fullbacks...but a lot of other areas of his game are certainly impressive.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is the best signing we have made since James Graham.

Honestly didn't realise he was this good.
Neither did I. Looking back when you sign a 24 year old international Captain he probably has some wraps on him. I should've watched more Penrith games over the years I guess.

He is awesome

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying Latrell $1m+ per year as a centre is one thing, paying him $1m+ as a fullback is a whole other level of risk.
He has never showed that he has what it takes to be a FB.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think all the media shite about us rushing to sign all these big names is just media dribble. Obviously everyone wants elite players but if the time or price is wrong you don't just do it to do it.

Think they'll save coin for 2021 when Forans on the out and get Croft

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paying Latrell $1m+ per year as a centre is one thing, paying him $1m+ as a fullback is a whole other level of risk.
He has never showed that he has what it takes to be a FB.
Buy him to play Fullback, if it doesn't work out (after 1 season) can look to move him back to Centre.

From
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Ramien
5. Reimis

To
1. DWZ
2. Hopoate
3. Latrell
4. Ramien
5. Reimis

You don't want to pay a Centre 1m unless you have to (e.g. Bird from Broncos, didn't work out at Five-eighth). We'd also have to pay DWZ more to play Fullback, if we resign him with him knowing he's a Winger then we save some $. That's how I'm looking at it anyways. I'd much rather take the risk with Latrell then sign Cotric or Vunivalu for 600k.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Buy him to play Fullback, if it doesn't work out (after 1 season) can look to move him back to Centre.

From
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Ramien
5. Reimis

To
1. DWZ
2. Hopoate
3. Latrell
4. Ramien
5. Reimis

You don't want to pay a Centre 1m unless you have to (e.g. Bird from Broncos, didn't work out at Five-eighth). We'd also have to pay DWZ more to play Fullback, if we resign him with him knowing he's a Winger then we save some $. That's how I'm looking at it anyways. I'd much rather take the risk with Latrell then sign Cotric or Vunivalu for 600k.
I think part of the reason DWZ left Penrith was he wanted to play FB. Signing LM there might cause issues.