DWZ consolidated thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol these ***** never cease to amaze.... apparently hes on 880,000 and we are trying to negotiate release with tigers with tigers paying 400,000

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol these ***** never cease to amaze.... apparently hes on 880,000 and we are trying to negotiate release with tigers with tigers paying 400,000
I tend to ignore media reports of what players are earning. They're typically sensationalist ideas from people that have no background in team finances. It's a bit like when my nephews used to tell me as 5 year olds that if a burgler or someone came into their house they'd bash them. As much as both the journos reporting player incomes and 5 year olds thinking they could bash adults go, both assumptions are not based on anything but imagination.

I look at the fact that when DWZ signed his current contract we were still under some decent cap pressure and tend to think that his contract isn't going to be as high as the media would like to make it out to be. I think if the club had $880k in the piggy bank they'd have tried to find two pretty good players at about $440k each rather than splashing it all on DWZ. Or at least that they'd have targeted a quality half for that money.

The reality of the situation is that it doesn't really matter what he's earning or whether we think he's worth whatever the club is paying him. All we should hope for is that he plays well. If everyone in our squad does that the money they're earning is all academic.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multiple media sources reporting at least 800K now. Would you really be surprised if we were paying him that with our previous admin ? Not me. Remember we paid him "fullback money" according to multiple reports at the time and we went cold on Latrell Mitchell when he said he wanted to play fullback because we'd already signed DWZ for that position (and obviously paid good money we didn't want to waste on a winger)

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he is on something close to that. He got that contract when he was playing well and got fullback money. Its not like the bulldogs dont have a recent history of overpaying players..trex, foran, cotric, Jackson, DWZ etc. It is probably worse with the overpayment of mid and low tier players like Elliot and Lewis.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Then we are getting paps
Im pretty sure now hynes is going to sharks that storm keep paps. We are no chance. Dufty is worth going for but only if we get a hooker and a few more forwards and still have the money for him. Backs arent a priority

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where do these c**ts get off making claims DWZ is on 880k!
Wtf!

The sad news is, imagine if it’s true

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ping pong ball head Hooper is just writing whatever he wants .. absolute no accountability. Much like the roosters accountants and salary cap managers.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the reported $880K a season for DWZ is correct, that should be the first line in the biographies and CVs of everyone involved at the 'Dogs for that contract so that any future potential employer sees the level of stupidity of said person

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Go DWZ... good money over at the tigers, you will fit in well over there ;)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Multiple media sources reporting at least 800K now. Would you really be surprised if we were paying him that with our previous admin ? Not me. Remember we paid him "fullback money" according to multiple reports at the time and we went cold on Latrell Mitchell when he said he wanted to play fullback because we'd already signed DWZ for that position (and obviously paid good money we didn't want to waste on a winger)
CNK was playing just as well and re-signed with the Raiders for 330k. I would be really surprised after what we went through and what DWZ was worth at the time (playing well but no where near 800k) that the previous admin put him on a contract like that, you'd let him go at that point. I just don't think you could have someone that inept in this space personally.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CNK was playing just as well and re-signed with the Raiders for 330k. I would be really surprised after what we went through and what DWZ was worth at the time (playing well but no where near 800k) that the previous admin put him on a contract like that, you'd let him go at that point. I just don't think you could have someone that inept in this space personally.
Remember we paid 1.2M for Foran. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they paid him a MIL. Our admin were completely desperate at that time (still are). I read Dean Pay saying he would like 4 or 5 of DWZ - that's how highly he / we rated DWZ at that time. CNK came from nowhere. DWZ was NZ test captain and our only decent back. 500-600K isn't really star fullback money even now. The club thought DWZ was our star fullback and were desperate to keep him long term

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember we paid 1.2M for Foran. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they paid him a MIL. Our admin were completely desperate at that time (still are). I read Dean Pay saying he would like 4 or 5 of DWZ - that's how highly he / we rated DWZ at that time. CNK came from nowhere. DWZ was NZ test captain and our only decent back. 500-600K isn't really star fullback money even now. The club thought DWZ was our star fullback and were desperate to keep him long term
It was 3m for Foran for 3 years (800k, 1m, 1.2m, averages to 1m) and you need to take into consideration the club thought the salary cap would be higher than it was. We also had a different administration when we re-signed DWZ? A fullback needs to be a 2nd five-eighth otherwise they're not a star fullback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know the Tigers often take our scraps but this sounds too good to be true. With Laurie, Noafaluma, Gildart, Talau, Roberts, Leilua, Cini etc, they don't need to spend 400k-500k on DWZ.
Unless they release a few to super league aka blow job and jet.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tenor-8.gif