DWZ consolidated thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Decisions like that only hurt the club long term which is why Tigers will be mediocre for years to come. Clubs need to be careful not to extend players closer to their 30s. It’s what hurt us so much, keeping players that were once upon a time fan favourites doesn’t necessarily mean they will continue to be so for the duration of their next contract - Hoppa and Jackson perfect examples that should never have been extended.
The one thing you have to consider when signing players like Hoppa & Jackson is how do they fit in the club. If they are considered the soul of the club it can cause big problems if you don't sign them & I think that's where Jackson fits in this picture. Both of them were signed for way too much which is a major error. You don't want to insult them either. Both were playing well at time of re-signing but the club did not factor in age or wear & tear. Hoppa was playing well for the club up until this year where he has dipped markedly. Jackson has shown over the last few years that all that tackling is starting to catch up with him. Jackson has been a very important member of our club over many years & that should be taken into consideration as well.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you think DWZ is our best attacking player that after 12 games has scored 6 tries and 0 try assists. Imagine what Burton will do for us next year whilst he’s on $450k and compare that with DWZ who is on $800k. Surely even you can admit that for the money we pay DWZ there would so many others who would produce more for less the money. It’s why if we can move DWZ it’s the only way. He’s just not worth the money he’s getting paid to what he’s producing.
$800 hahahah
Who the ... gives out these stupid numbers lol

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'd probably knock on/drop his kit bag walking away

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest from DWZ straight from his mouth read it as you wish.
“I’m signed until 2022,” Watene-Zelezniak wrote.

“We may not be winning games but I love it at the Bulldogs and the challenge that is ahead of us. The tougher the journey the better the outcome.”

However Watene-Zelezniak’s denial of the Tigers move comes despite Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warbuton confirming an approach was made to the club.

“There has been an inquiry by the Tigers with regard to Dallin and that’s all that’s taken place,” Warbuton told the Telegraph.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Latest from DWZ straight from his mouth read it as you wish.

“We may not be winning games but I love it at the Bulldogs and the challenge that is ahead of us. The tougher the journey the better the outcome.”

However Watene-Zelezniak’s denial of the Tigers move comes despite Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warbuton confirming an approach was made to the club.

“There has been an inquiry by the Tigers with regard to Dallin and that’s all that’s taken place,” Warbuton told the Telegraph.
Cheese said the same thing, let's see who is a lying **** lol

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has poured cold water on claims he is in talks with a rival club regarding a mid-season exit from the Bulldogs.

According to The Daily Telegraph , the Kiwi international has been approached by the Wests Tigers regarding an immediate switch of clubs despite being contracted at Belmore until the end of 2022.

It's reported Michael Maguire, who coaches Watene-Zelezniak at Test level with New Zealand, is eager to sign the 143-game outside back to a long-term contract as he continues to rebuild his Tigers roster.

Watene-Zelezniak was close to a move to Concord in 2019 when he left the Panthers, before signing an 18-month contract with the Bulldogs then later signing a two-year extension.

But the 25-year-old took to Instagramto declare he has no plans to cut his time at the Bulldogs short.

Watene-Zelezniak's denial of the Tigers move comes despite Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warbuton confirming an approach was made.

“There has been an enquiry by the Tigers with regard to Dallin and that’s all that’s taken place,” Warbuton told the Telegraph.

Watene-Zelezniak has been one of the better performers in a losing Bulldogs side this season and leads the club's tryscoring tally with five.

However, since arriving at Belmore on a deal worth around $800,000 a season two years ago, Watene-Zelezniak hasn't quite replicated the form that saw him assume the Kiwi captaincy in 2018, when he was just 23 years old.

Trent Barrett has used the 11-Test star at fullback and wing this year, while he's spent time at centre in past seasons also.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
‘The CEO has the full support of the board’.
That usually means they’ve got 2 weeks :-).

I find Wharby’s comment interesting in so far that he confirmed an approach was made but didn’t shut it down either. Where there’s smoke?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think it’s our structures that suck ,we have a bunch of paid professionals that can’t stretch defences from one side of the field to the other in quick fashion,
Yet our game plan is five hit ups with forwards each set ,I’m not buying it guys,we have suddenly blamed the whole team as players ,what if it’s the coach and the structures the coach uses?
Negative tactics always always yield negative results and I haven’t seen one play that signifies Barrett knows how to coach at all yet?
Pull’s a good interview called ground hog day.
We were better before he came more so 2019 our defence much better.
And now getting 30 plus weekly is the new norm.
Barrett is paid to get these guys up regardless of leaving or not,
The basic 5 set hits ups doesn’t cut it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's shut down at all. Dallin says he's sticking around which is expected but Warbuton says an approach was made. If there's a way to make it happen the club should do it, the money could be much better used and Dallin ends up with a longer deal.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much freight you reckon we will have to chip in?
My guess would be between 200k - 250k.
I reckon Tigers would pay him around 550k to 575k a year.

But yet again, they did pay Mbye 900k...
So maybe based on that theory they'll pay DWZ 650 to 700k then. I hope so.