DVD Regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
I just ordered a DVD from America (Region 1) and it wont play on any of my DVD players, Xbox's or computer (All Region 4). Does anyone know how I can play it without buying a mutil-region DVD player? I'm thinking along the lines of cracks/patches/codecs for DivX player.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All region DVD players arent that expensive dood. A LG one will cost you like $100. BUt otherwise..no idea :(..sowwi

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
JayBee said:
All region DVD players arent that expensive dood. A LG one will cost you like $100. BUt otherwise..no idea :(..sowwi
Yeah they go for like $150 at JB Hi-Fi but I wanna play this DVD tonight! >:(

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You should be able to change the region options of your DVD palying software for your PC .. it lets you do it about 8 times I think.. what software do you use on your PC.. WinDVD, InterDVD??

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search for a region unlocking code for your brand / model of DVD player... They usually can be found on the net!

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just get this program anydvd from sly software install it on your pc. Then you will be able to watch it & copy it to your pc no matter what region it is.

slim_zaidy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
chadiwrx said:
Just get this program anydvd from sly software install it on your pc. Then you will be able to watch it & copy it to your pc no matter what region it is.
yep i use the same program as well and works good

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't know how or why, but my xbox has a "region free" dvd playing program on it.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
chadiwrx said:
^^^ is it chipped
i've got no idea, lol. my brother does all the shifty business to my xbox.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My brother got 2 ps2 games from the usa, and they wouldnt work on our ps2, which they didnt tell us..then they said he'd get his money back, now they're saying he wont..and it says nowhere on the site that it doesnt work on ps2's outside the us!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think DVD regions are pretty self implied when you buy them..but on a PS2 its pretty shifty

nickss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:
Search for a region unlocking code for your brand / model of DVD player... They usually can be found on the net!

yeah what he said. i done what dvs told me and it works...u gotta type in a code on ur player

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go_The_Doggies said:
My brother got 2 ps2 games from the usa, and they wouldnt work on our ps2, which they didnt tell us..then they said he'd get his money back, now they're saying he wont..and it says nowhere on the site that it doesnt work on ps2's outside the us!!
Most gamers know that console games have different regions. And thus dont buy them online from other countries that arnt compatable. I dont think they will have to give you a refund.

UK and AUSs have the same region, 4 i think. Jap and US have the same, region 6 me thinks.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the early days of DVD's when the license agreement for producing DVD players meant they had to include region coding ALL DVD players were sold with this annoying feature. However, it was decided that this was somewhat illegal and companies got the green light to produce region free players.

The vast majority of DVD players sold these days are region free... And *most* of those that aren't can be easily unlocked (or changed) by hitting a series of buttons on your remote taking you to a DVD config screen and allowing you to change the region (0 is usually region free)... as I mentioned earler, these codes can be found very easily on the internet!

Consoles are a little different as the manufacturers are the sole producers of their own console (i.e. there aren't multiple brands producing Playstations) so they don't have any competition against region free products, but there are mod chips out there which will allow you to play imported games (and this is totally legal too).

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:
In the early days of DVD's when the license agreement for producing DVD players meant they had to include region coding ALL DVD players were sold with this annoying feature. However, it was decided that this was somewhat illegal and companies got the green light to produce region free players.

The vast majority of DVD players sold these days are region free... And *most* of those that aren't can be easily unlocked (or changed) by hitting a series of buttons on your remote taking you to a DVD config screen and allowing you to change the region (0 is usually region free)... as I mentioned earler, these codes can be found very easily on the internet!

Consoles are a little different as the manufacturers are the sole producers of their own console (i.e. there aren't multiple brands producing Playstations) so they don't have any competition against region free products, but there are mod chips out there which will allow you to play imported games (and this is totally legal too).

Any links or how to get this code for Xbox?

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shanty Bill said:
Any links or how to get this code for Xbox?
Consoles are a different kettle of fish... The only way to do this with an Xbox (which are specifically built for a region, unlike DVD players which are manufactured for global sale, but region locked through configuration) is to purchase a mod chip... TBH You usually have to have this soldered to the board of your Xbox too...

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:
Consoles are a different kettle of fish... The only way to do this with an Xbox (which are specifically built for a region, unlike DVD players which are manufactured for global sale, but region locked through configuration) is to purchase a mod chip... TBH You usually have to have this soldered to the board of your Xbox too...
****e, can you post or PM me the link to regular console codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.