DVD Recorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do I need to do when purchasing a DVD Recorder???
Can you feed your VCR through to it so you can record old tapes onto Disks???
What sort of Disks do I need.
Please help me cos I am stupid when it comes to these things. I have a lot of old Doggies Games that I want to put onto disks.

H

Haztrick

I have a DVD Recorder.I suggest you get a good one, obviously.A Panasonic is the best.Super fast recording (within 2 seconds of hitting record).

You just use regular store bought disk's, same as the computer.A DVD-R 4.7GB 8x is the most common disk you can buy.

I have backed up alot of Videos to DVD.. You can also do DVD to Video :D

The only problem is that you cant re-record over them alot.After about 3 times recording, then deleting and recording again, the disk wares out and you have to chuck it.Also, when you record something, you must finalize it in order to view it anywhere else, so if you just want to tape a show while you out and NOT keep the show on DVD, you can only watch it from the Recorder you recorded from, you cant take it out and go somewhere else and watch it without Finalizing the disk (finalizing makes it play back only so it cant be recorded over again and can be watched anywhere)

Hope this has helped.

Sir

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Get a PVR with twin tuners so you can record one show and watch another at the same time or get Panasonic DVD recorder with 160gb?? HDD. Make sure what ever you get has a HDD and over 80gb of memory as if you want a show for yourself to watch on your TV you don't have to worry about disc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.