Dump Averillo and Napa

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You are crazy.. Hoppa is done. Slowest player In the NRL and you want to make him FB for us.
Haha knew it was coming.... Who else do we play man, face it he's not getting dropped and fullback is the best place to hide him. Ideally I'd like Schoupp to replace him at centre or even Topine, but the club didn't put them in the top 30. Okunbur, Crichton injured, DWZ maybe suspended. Only one left is Tui Katoa and he's a winger so yeah we are fucked

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of what Averillo has in the locker but it can’t be denied he has been very poor so far this year, and the most disappointing part has been his distinct lack of effort not just in attack but in defence. Refer to his effort (or lack thereof) to stop the Panthers last try, inexcusable.

That said, he’s played on a couple of Heavy10’s so far which doesn’t suit his game. Prepared to give him another week on presumably a dry track in Brisbane to show what he can do.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looking at that last try by mamoroski, averillo showed no care or urgency to tackle him, I thought he was a speedster?
Him and Napa. Wow.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha knew it was coming.... Who else do we play man, face it he's not getting dropped and fullback is the best place to hide him. Ideally I'd like Schoupp to replace him at centre or even Topine, but the club didn't put them in the top 30. Okunbur, Crichton injured, DWZ maybe suspended. Only one left is Tui Katoa and he's a winger so yeah we are fucked
Doesn't matter who plays, we're winning the spoon with Baz as coach.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who plays, we're winning the spoon with Baz as coach.
I'm leaning towards agreeing. We saw last week we can score points, so some systems are ok... Issue is just the week forwards and not trying to figure out a way to get quick play the balls. Playing 1 out and not pushing up in numbers is never going to work with this pack, so I'm hoping Baz isnt a dumb **** and fixes it next week

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah cause it’s because of Averillo we are losing. Nothing to do with our shithouse forwards
Yeah of course nobody totally blaming avo, but a few boys said it here from the start of last year that avos defence is not good.Did you see when cleary made that break, avo was sort of running next to him and wouldnt tackle him and expected the fullback to jump him and do the dirty work.

Im gobsmacked aswell at whats happening at the dogs, looks like they have been training hard in the preseason, not to sure if there are any solid answers to our woos.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a shit coach. My point is that Jake was getting better opportunities under him than with Baz. Every game Jake played he was racking up various attacking stats yet ATM he can barely register a run? There's something very wrong here.
Yep there sure is something wrong.
Averillo is a dud.
He done it playing 5/8, only had a game or two there though. I'm still convinced Baz has made a mess of things as it isn't just Jake struggling...just compare Allan with us and Souths, literally has 0 involvement.
Allan 18 runs for 99m
2 tackle breaks 17 post contact metres and 5 tackles

In a team that was absolutely dominated in horrid conditions I can see how once again he was nullified.

to a lesser extent Averillo falls under the same category but fuck me we are watching different games if you are trying to blame the coaching on Averillo’s lack of involvement.

If you were to put Burton along side Flanagan this week, do you see the same lack of intent or involvement from him or do you believe that Tbaz has completely changed his coaching structures in a couple of training sessions?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep there sure is something wrong.
Averillo is a dud.

Allan 18 runs for 99m
2 tackle breaks 17 post contact metres and 5 tackles

In a team that was absolutely dominated in horrid conditions I can see how once again he was nullified.

to a lesser extent Averillo falls under the same category but fuck me we are watching different games if you are trying to blame the coaching on Averillo’s lack of involvement.

If you were to put Burton along side Flanagan this week, do you see the same lack of intent or involvement from him or do you believe that Tbaz has completely changed his coaching structures in a couple of training sessions?
Allan are all kick returns or carries from our end, basically none are attacking carries.

Yes I am blaming the coaching because it looks like a coaching issue rather than an individual. Baz flopped at Manly and im getting less confident in him every time we run out.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan are all kick returns or carries from our end, basically none are attacking carries.

Yes I am blaming the coaching because it looks like a coaching issue rather than an individual. Baz flopped at Manly and im getting less confident in him every time we run out.
So in your opinion.. Averillo, who is touted as a running half, is coached to stand on an edge and catch and pass?
That is the extent of Tbaz’s game plan?

you are an idiot.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So in your opinion.. Averillo, who is touted as a running half, is coached to stand on an edge and catch and pass?

you are an idiot.
You must’ve missed the memo mate. Beast mode is never wrong about anything ever. Never has been, never will be.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

you are an idiot.
Yes, happened in the trial with Wakeham, happened in round 1 and now in round 2. Both Jake and Allan are positioned on short sides with Flanagan playing on the ball...this is intentional. It clearly isn't working and Baz needs to address it asap.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, happened in the trial with Wakeham, happened in round 1 and now in round 2. Both Jake and Allan are positioned on short sides with Flanagan playing on the ball...this is intentional. It clearly isn't working and Baz needs to address it asap.
Oh, he will address it alright. In fact he already has.
He will swap out those reserve graders you have highlighted and opt for a rookie in Matt Burton who will have immediate effect.

Without changing the game plan.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh, he will address it alright. In fact he already has.
He will swap out those reserve graders you have highlighted and opt for a rookie in Matt Burton who will have immediate effect.

Without changing the game plan.
He won't do shit playing behind that pack and within this system. Baz looking more and more like the flop he was at Manly. Spends millions on backs and buys shit ***** like Hetherington and Waddell.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might get shot for this but if Averillo isn't going to run at all (not 1 single run last week they said today) then frankly we might be better off with Lewis for his kicking and defence. I like most of you never wanted to see Lewis play first grade again thinking Averillo was a star but all he's proved so far is he's overrated - just like Wakeham. If he wants to stay in the halves ahead of Burton why doesn't he take his opportunities, take the bull by the horns and f..king prove himself. Seems he's gun shy maybe
I don't think you should get shot for mentioning Lewis & It doesn't seem like a bad Idea, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if TBaz is not thinking the same thing because as much as everybody makes Lewis the scape goat we must remember the only games we have won so far were with Lewis was playing in the halves, love him or hate him we question his commitment in defense, ( just ask Sam Burges ) or his half decent kicking game. Maybe pairing of with Flannigan might work, who knows? but it could be worth a try.