Dugan ruled out of origin, Morris called up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Shit!

Very lucky for the blues but unlucky for us. Fuck origin!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sterlo mentioned in the pre game that Des wasn't too happy with NSW.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reimis smith can't tackle and neither can anyone at under 20s level

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've probaly got the blue tinted glasses on now but... If Rona does play centre and kills it and BMoz does come back fit and fast :smiley: we will have a very potent backline.

What I'm looking at is:

1 Hopoate
2 BMoz
3 JMoz
4 Rona
5 Phillips (Perrett)
6 Reynolds
7 Mbye

I know Sammy is having a stellar season so far but I prefer Phillips for pace. If they're quick and they're past you they're gone.:smiley:
Why would you drop one of our form players? Perrett over Phillips any day. I'd actually put Perrett at the back and nice Hoppa to ring or drop him though. Picking a fullback who won't play on Sundays is just pointless and counter productive. B Moz should come back into the wing ehen fit. His body isn't up to fullback. Perrett to fullback and Hoppa to either wing or NSW Cup IMO.

yo name a first choice fullback who won't play on Sunday's is just a bad ducked joke. In any case, I think Perrett has to be there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Re
Sterlo mentioned in the pre game that Des wasn't too happy with NSW.
Neither should he be.

Absolutely disgraceful but expect nothing less from the least professional coach in the game; Daley.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Selfish move by Daley by picking a fucked Dugan over morris to begin with. He shouldn't have picked Dugan to begin with.
He passed the medical & got a bump on the elbow late yesterday & it wasn't right today. So Dugan ruled himself out.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Selfish move by Daley by picking a fucked Dugan over morris to begin with. He shouldn't have picked Dugan to begin with.
All he has done is favor his old team now with that decision...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was reimis selected because the under 20s were already there and we were told late by the nswrl

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That can only be the reasoning behind it
Our club being dicked by Daley and the nswrl
The under 20s were already there

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He passed the medical & got a bump on the elbow late yesterday & it wasn't right today. So Dugan ruled himself out.

Honestly he has been under a cloud from the get go. He should have 'ruled himself out yesterday' rather than leave it until this morning. It appears medical staff had the final say in the matter though. Might have been the 'best thing' for the Blues but certainly not for us.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/05/27/dugan_thankfully_sca.html

The NSW Blues representative, who has made eight appearances to date, admits he is confident his elbow will heal ahead of the clash against the Queensland Maroons and keen to take his place on the field.

The Australia international was named in the centres by Head Coach Laurie Daley on Friday.

"It's coming along pretty well, it's improving every day and that was always the plan," Dugan said.

"The swelling's gone down fully pretty much… there's a few little loose bits of bone in there from last year as well which is the only thing really annoying me at the moment but it's bearable.

"I'll have to get it cleaned out at the end of the year just to get those loose bodies out of there but as far as I'm concerned I'm ready to go.

"It will just be like last year, I'll just have to strap it every game."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/205728f18b91b13fa6adc4140d82556f

A SHATTERED Josh Dugan left NSW camp in Coffs Harbour on Sunday morning after ruling himself out of the Blues side for Origin I.

Dugan reaggravated an elbow injury at training on Saturday and woke up sore on Sunday morning.

He will be replaced in the starting line-up by Bulldogs centre Josh Morris, who was officially released by the Bulldogs ahead of their NRL match against the Raiders on Sunday afternoon.

After being checked out by Blues medical staff he was officially ruled out just hours prior to the NSW team’s scheduled flight back to Sydney, where preparations for Wednesday’s match will ramp up.

“I’m devastated,” Dugan said.

“It was the best thing for the team at the moment.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
State of origin should be on its individual weekends and that's it.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Morris would have stopped raiders first try, plus shut down leilua more in d. Huge loss today.

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris would have stopped raiders first try, plus shut down leilua more in d. Huge loss today.
Yeah no knee Morris would have stopped the form centre in the comp. Righteo

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Laurie Daley is a moron. Constantly picking players under injury clouds, he is a grade A dope. Screwed us over big time and Des slammed NSW in the press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.