Dugan Named For Pink V Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
St George Illawarra Dragons mid-season recruit Josh Dugan has been named at fullback for his Club debut against the Parramatta Eels at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.

Head Coach Steve Price has named an 18-man squad which includes representative centre Matt Cooper who is set to return from a toe injury that has kept him out for the past two matches.

"I am really appreciative of the opportunity given to me by the Dragons and I can't wait to get out of the field and play," said Dugan.
"Game day can't come quick enough for me."

Dugan's Dragons debut coincides with Women in League Round where the famous "Red V" will become pink.

All player worn jerseys will be auctioned off via www.dragons.com.au to raise funds for the Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation.
This Dragons charity partner was established by former St George, Steelers, St George Illawarra, New south Wales and Australian player Brad MacKay who sadly lost his wife Joanne to breast cancer.

The charity focuses on the fundamental and emotional needs of patients and their families during the treatment of breast cancer.
Furthermore, the Crystal Bears will be holding their annual Women In League Ladies' Day in the afternoon between 2.00pm-5.00pm at the Steelers' Club ahead of the match.

Red V Members and supporters are also encouraged to look out for volunteers in and around WIN Stadium collecting gold coin donations for the Joanne MacKay Breast Cancer Foundation.

They will be joined by the Crystal Bears selling their unique Women In League merchandise on the night for the same good cause.
The match is part of a triple-header of rugby league which will also see the Illawarra Cutters take to the field against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (1.10pm) and the NYC face their Eels counterparts (3.15pm).

1. Josh Dugan
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Weyman
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin
14. Bronson Harrison
15. Matt Prior
16. Jack de Belin
17. Jack Stockwell
18. Cameron King

-Not a terrible looking team

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons have always had a good team on paper..

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Dugan losing his virginity?
Didnt know he liked the pink V.

B

bulldogs_fan_69

dragons are going to have a really good side next year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I give him 3-4 weeks before he has a cruiser and does some stupid shit

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Morris comes back drop Stanley and move Vidot into the centres and that will be a dangerous backline

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
by letting dugan play again this season sets a new precedent in that when a player is sacked for a reason, the nrl wont follow up on the discipline, good luck to the dragons

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
by letting dugan play again this season sets a new precedent in that when a player is sacked for a reason, the nrl wont follow up on the discipline, good luck to the dragons
Yeah i know, almost feel sorry for the raiders. They do the correct thing in sacking these guys only to watch them star at another club. It must be very frustrating as a raiders fan.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i know, almost feel sorry for the raiders. They do the correct thing in sacking these guys only to watch them star at another club. It must be very frustrating as a raiders fan.
Seems like if you want out of a contract and a better deal just start acting up by getting drunk and not showing up to training.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
When Morris comes back drop Stanley and move Vidot into the centres and that will be a dangerous backline
A Top Backline, But Soft fowards.. Without fowards there is no go in their attack!!

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
What makes me laugh is look at their Number 6 (Jamie Soward) and their Number 7 (Nathan Fien).. ppffff hahahahhahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.