News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Not sure where he fits in their current squad. Klemmer and the Saifiti's keep him out of a starting prop spot, Barnett is lock, and Fitzgibbon and Frizell are better options in 2nd row. Hetherington is a benchie at best and needs several injuries if he has any hope of starting a game.

I guess during midweek he and Barnett can share sob stories about getting long bans.
Barnett signed a 3 year deal with the Warriors starting next season.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a fan of the Dufty signing and still think he is the type of fullback our club needs with lack of creativity at 6,7 and 9.

But we simply don't create enough opportunities and field position to bring his skills into the game. In fact, by spending too much time defending within our own half, we bring his defensive issues to the fore.

No harm done. So far this year has proved that we need a ball playing fullback otherwise we cannot find points.

Hope this opens up the eyes of Gus and coaches to either select someone with those skills in lower grades or go out and find a replacement that fits the bill.

Going forward, we can test Toia or Casey or even JAC. We can do it by throwing them in from the get go, or play Dufty and interchange them. Dufty may as well haveca crack at HB and prove how shit Flanno is
But it’s just not his defensive skill. It’s his attitude too. A few times in the tigers game kicks went through and he was showing no urgency to get to the ball. You can’t have players with that attitude in the NRL

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd actually rather Klemmer at 500k compared to Vaughan at 400k but doubt there's any truth to it. I really just want salary cap for a marquee 1 and 7. Maybe Vaughan for 1 year to hold salary cap space is the play.
Extend Vaughan and offload Thompson to relive some cap pressure.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooo please don't leave hetherington he has bulldog DNA! NOOOOO Matt Dufty can fuck off but hetherington plays like a bulldog!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well no pressure to keep him in the 17 now, give me that Clearwater revival.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you guys think that maybe poor performances from some players is because they have been told to look elsewhere?
What's their excuses for the start of the year?!
If they want to attract another club they need to perform or they can go to SL

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame about Hetherington, yes he did give away a lot of penalties, but like a lot of enforcers in the league, he's on some sort of list that makes the refs much less lenient when he's a part of a tackle, I swear guys like him are allowed much less time to slow down the ruck.

It's a shame, in games where he was scrutinized he would carve up the opposition.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Remember when TK was jerking themselves over Dafty lol
You knew... When Remis Smith made him look like a pedestrian years ago for us, that should have been enough warning.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s building a house at the moment in Warners Bay.
Nice place Warners Bay, fucked place to try get a park on the Esplanade though.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The second part of the article says Hetherington will give the Dogs the final chance to re-sign him. So we’ve obviously said no to the $500k mutual agreement, but must have told him to go to the market and see what you’re worth and we’ll see what happens. Door slightly ajar for Hethrington to stay.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second part of the article says Hetherington will give the Dogs the final chance to re-sign him. So we’ve obviously said no to the $500k mutual agreement, but must have told him to go to the market and see what you’re worth and we’ll see what happens. Door slightly ajar for Hethrington to stay.
Farkin $500k for a bloke never on the field. Should be $300k max