Dufty Dropped Panthers Clash

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Id be concerned if Avo played FB. Under the high ball several times a game and how he would handle it when he drops 1. Kick returns, visions of Meaney when he use to get dominated in this regard. Last point of defense defending the try line, reading whats in front of him, defending corners etc. As for his ball playing skills, I havent seen much for a couple of years when he looked promising when he first debut 1st grade before the head knock. Big challenge first grade against Panthers when your team delivers performances that see you last on the ladder.
Ive always wanted him to come good. If hes ever to have a chance I would have thought reserve grade. This could be the nail in the coffin and its not really his fault with the way everythings gone down the last couple of years.
Avo will get folded playing fullback, you need a fullback who can attack the defence with their carries.

I also remember someone on here (I think it was @TwinTurbo) saying they saw him at training at the back earlier in the year and he was a shambles…

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I want to see no threads, no hate nor any supporter bs with Averillo at 1. First game there in about 3 and a bit years. Lets get behind him and hopefully he builds the basics and shows us he is something great to work with moving forward as a footy club.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No because I knew when the pic was uploaded and I can't maintain a boner for 20 hours. Also feeling stressed at all the defence I'll have to do on here when he drops a bomb or misses a tackle :rage:
Epf2NqNXcAENjnt.jpg

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see JAC @ FB. Unleash him on both sides of the field. Could be the world's best support player too.
it literally makes so much sense. and he can catch too. disappointed that averillo gets the nod over him to be honest

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested to see how Avo will go at fullback. its been spoken about on here for a few years now.
If he kills it we might not need to buy a fullback and can then just focus on getting a quality 7.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he has played wing and scored a sensational try in the corner in one game i remember. Jake has enormous untapped potential, just need to find his right spot.
I agree, I don’t understand the hostility towards him on here…..he’s only 21 and played under some shitty coaching with a lot of shitty teammates.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potters onto the defence.. we just need to continue scoring tries..

Its realistic we can keep Penrith to 4 tries max with their halves and gun players out..

crystal ball stuff but thats what i think..

We scored 2 tries against their full strength team surely we can score 3-4 tries with their players out..
they still have edwards, may, tago, fisher harris, kikau, api in the team. plus their bench is miles better than ours. theres no way we beat them

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have already tried Allen at FB and he failed, lets please not go there again FFS.
Avo or JAC should get the next shot there IMO.
Although I really dont know how Avo will go under the high ball in a pressure situation....

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sink or swim mother fu#ker!!!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with JAC at fullback is he has no ball playing skills, this is why Jake is a safer option. Fox would be very one dimensional as a fullback
‘but you don’t need a ball playing full back if you have a ball playing lock .. like back in the days broncos and raiders played .

jacko can fill in those duties :kissing:

baby steps .. have someone that can use speed from return kicks and have support plays and go from that point .
JAC needs space to run , he is not getting that on the wing at the dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
we have already tried Allen at FB and he failed, lets please not go there again FFS.
Avo or JAC should get the next shot there IMO.
Although I really dont know how Avo will go under the high ball in a pressure situation....
Guarantee first bomb is coming from about 35 out with a rampaging Kikau leading the chase lol

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘but you don’t need a ball playing full back if you have a ball playing lock .. like back in the days broncos and raiders played .

jacko can fill in those duties :kissing:

baby steps .. have someone that can use speed from return kicks and have support plays and go from that point .
JAC needs space to run , he is not getting that on the wing at the dogs
There’s our problem mate jackson is an even worse ball player

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I still don't think he is a FGer but give the **** a chance in the 1 jersey before ripping in.
He isn't a first grader.

I would love to be proven wrong, but playing Averillo at fullback seems to be a massive gamble to me - then again it's not like things could get worse for us is it?

I can see Panthers raining bombs down on him. If they time it right, the chasers absolutely smash the fullback a split second after he catches the ball.

We already know Averillo hates physical contact, so it doesn't bode well.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers wont score much.. Points are at a premium this match.. Dufty in attack would be useful this week against a weakened attacking team imo..
Panthers would beat us even if they didn't replace the Origin boys and played with half a team. Instead of scoring 40-60, they'll score 30-50.

Meanwhile, we've scored 30+ points in a match twice since 2018, both times in the final round with nothing to play for (except to give it to Dragqueens/Tiggers).

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't think he is a FGer but give the **** a chance in the 1 jersey before ripping in.
I don't know how he finds confidence with us but he needs to find it real fast. We've beaten it out of him for years. Least he hasn't resorted to eye-gouging...