Dufty Dropped Panthers Clash

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Play Avo at FB, Bulldog loses to 2nd string Panther team and TK (including me) has lots to whinge about. Play JAC at FB and Bulldog wins and TK goes quiet, doesn't know what to do because it's been so long since we have experienced a win!
Mate they still got a top side and will smash the living day lights out of us sorry to say

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not yet IMO

Avo
Allen
Then JAC maybe
I reckon there are only 2 options
1st if we are going to test Averillo at fullback.
2nd JAC is probably the strongest candidate, can become a very explosive fullback.
Allan's fitness is not up to it as is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon there are only 2 options
1st if we are going to test Averillo at fullback.
2nd JAC is probably the strongest candidate, can become a very explosive fullback.
Allan's fitness is not up to it as is.
Well the rest of this write off season should be used to teat and try different combos.

Malla

Reaction score
Avo at fullback is a good option I guess but honestly Avo is just another Mbye
Some utility value, always judged on potential and never gonna cement himself in a position ever. Keen to move on from him

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with JAC at fullback is he has no ball playing skills, this is why Jake is a safer option. Fox would be very one dimensional as a fullback

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Panthers wont score much.. Points are at a premium this match.. Dufty in attack would be useful this week against a weakened attacking team imo..

the_boy_wonder

Waterboy
Reaction score
Has averillo played wing much? Can’t recall it in first grade but he does have speed.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Panthers wont score much.. Points are at a premium this match.. Dufty in attack would be useful this week against a weakened attacking team imo..
What? Have you not noticed we’ve conceded over 60pts our last 2 games against lowly sides.
Panthers do have half their team out, but I’d be more confident as a Panthers supporter winning this game against a near full strength Bulldogs team

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has averillo played wing much? Can’t recall it in first grade but he does have speed.
he has played wing and scored a sensational try in the corner in one game i remember. Jake has enormous untapped potential, just need to find his right spot.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id be concerned if Avo played FB. Under the high ball several times a game and how he would handle it when he drops 1. Kick returns, visions of Meaney when he use to get dominated in this regard. Last point of defense defending the try line, reading whats in front of him, defending corners etc. As for his ball playing skills, I havent seen much for a couple of years when he looked promising when he first debut 1st grade before the head knock. Big challenge first grade against Panthers when your team delivers performances that see you last on the ladder.
Ive always wanted him to come good. If hes ever to have a chance I would have thought reserve grade. This could be the nail in the coffin and its not really his fault with the way everythings gone down the last couple of years.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What? Have you not noticed we’ve conceded over 60pts our last 2 games against lowly sides.
Panthers do have half their team out, but I’d be more confident as a Panthers supporter winning this game against a near full strength Bulldogs team
Potters onto the defence.. we just need to continue scoring tries..

Its realistic we can keep Penrith to 4 tries max with their halves and gun players out..

crystal ball stuff but thats what i think..

We scored 2 tries against their full strength team surely we can score 3-4 tries with their players out..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Potters onto the defence.. we just need to continue scoring tries..

Its realistic we can keep Penrith to 4 tries max with their halves and gun players out..

crystal ball stuff but thats what i think..

We scored 2 tries against their full strength team surely we can score 3-4 tries with their players out..
Potters onto the defence?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope Addo Carr gets a run at fullback, he wants to try it and we have nothing more to lose. Imagine if it works out, that would be huge for us.
I just can’t see him working out at fullback. He has no passing game
No step
He doesn’t glide across the field

he seems like a great winger fullstop. Would love to be proven wrong but I don’t see him
Being a good enough fullback for us not to go out and buy 1.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Avo gets the FB gig, it’s his last chance saloon. The tries he scored against the Dragons weren’t an act of brilliance and he’s done nothing special since a show and go versus Parra last year… he needs to grab this opp with both hands.

Massive fan of Creedence Toia, this guy can play fullback, silky, great hands and can ball play.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo at Fullback sounds and looks good in theory, but he's way too quiet to run a defense.

It's worth giving him a crack as we have nothing to lose at this point.