Drop Haz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Imo all this criticism of Hazem is uncalled for and unfair. The only member of our backline this year that has been consistent and in good form is Patten. The rest have had there ups and downs and have been both brilliant and ordinary. Also this season our forwards have not dominated as much in games and this puts us on the backfoot as that is an important part of our game, when our forwards arnt dominating it makes it much harder for our halves to get our backs involved.

Yes, Hazem does have flaws but seriously, everyone does and no one is perfect. Sonny Bill is always good for a couple of errors a game and making dumb decisions in defence but you dont see people calling for his head, we cant expect superstars everywhere and i am thankful that our team has El Masri and will have him for a few more years.

95% of the time he makes the correct decisions in defence and knows when to come in and shut down the attack (people dont notice this but only look at the rare time its a bad decision) he still puts himself in positions to attack and looks for the ball and can still sniff a try and make that freakish play to get us out of the in goal etc. And imo, his lack of speed is exaggerated, no he isnt the fastest but he gets the job done and has proven to be a big match player, he is an essential part of our team and people have to realise if he doesnt play, we will leak 1-2 trys a game without fail on his wing.

DOGG STIEL

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
El-masri is still a great player its only that hes not what he used to be. The bad thing for Haz is that in the second half of the seaosn hes only been goal kicking at about 70% which just isnt good enough. If he was still kicking at 85%+ then i would still have him in. I think Folkes will have to think seriously about what to do with him over the off season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
El-masri is still a great player its only that hes not what he used to be. The bad thing for Haz is that in the second half of the seaosn hes only been goal kicking at about 70% which just isnt good enough. If he was still kicking at 85%+ then i would still have him in. I think Folkes will have to think seriously about what to do with him over the off season.

Thurston 7/7
El Masri 4/6
Top Points Scorer 2007

1. Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) 10T 81G 0FG = 202 Points
2. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland) 8T 66G 0FG = 164 Points

Top GoalKickers

1. Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) 81/100 81%
2. Cameron Smith (Melbourne) 72/97 74.2%
3. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland) 66/85 77.6%

Source of stats : http://203.20.74.147/NRL07/index.html

You were saying? Hes still best int the NRL and thats not good enuf for u?. :p

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
He said in the second half of the season, Hazem started the year with something like 35/36 and since he has gone down a bit which is why he means his kicking at 70% in the second half of the season.

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Then y isnt Phelps making more metres?

he saw the ball more down his end of the field on kicks

Hazems little spin, his chicken step keep him gaining metres and his ability to surrender stop him from being driven back
sorry but that's what i call submission.. ie a little wuss so he doesn't get hurt..

H

Hazmak

Top Points Scorer 2007

1. Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) 10T 81G 0FG = 202 Points
2. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland) 8T 66G 0FG = 164 Points

Top GoalKickers

1. Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) 81/100 81%
2. Cameron Smith (Melbourne) 72/97 74.2%
3. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland) 66/85 77.6%

Source of stats : http://203.20.74.147/NRL07/index.html

You were saying? Hes still best int the NRL and thats not good enuf for u?. :p

Selective stats mate.

From the SAME site:
Player Goals Attempts Kick %
Michael Witt (Warriors) 55 59 93.2
Luke Burt (Parramatta) 59 70 84.3
Krisnan Inu (Parramatta) 23 28 82.1
Dean Collis (Wests Tigers) 14 16 87.5
Corey Parker (Brisbane) 42 50 84

To let you know mate, the NRL avg is 36.4 goals kicked from 47.4 attempts => 75.4% success.

Hazem is the 6th best kicker in the league this year, and is lucky that Luke Burt got injured or he wouldn't have even shown up on the stats.

Face it, he is at the club for his kicking ONLY, and should be kicking at at least 85%.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You can have a 100% record kicking 1 goal out of 1 attempt. Points count. Points win matches. Hazem has more than anyone else most years including this year. Anyone suggesting he would get near being replaced unless injured is tripping. As if a club would drop the comps top pointscorer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazem hasnt been kicking to his usual standard since the Storm game before Origin

Funny thing is if we had kept Thurston we wouldnt have needed Hazems kicking and could have concentrated the Wing for an attacking winger

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry but that's what i call submission.. ie a little wuss so he doesn't get hurt..
opposed to Phelps? Runs hard, falls into the players gets driven back 10?

Utai is the only one who makes good kick returns

and his are the best in the business imo:p

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldnt drop Haz now, but I'm worried that he will finish his career in PL whether its next year or the year after. He is slow, and getting slower by the week. He hasnt made a line break in a while. He can beat a player or two like he did last night, but he just doesnt have the pace to capitalise on it anymore- not that he was ever a speed demon. I love the bloke and think he is a champion, but you cant play at the top level forever. I just think he has made a mistake by wanting a two year deal earlier in the year, and will end up in PL. He doesnt deserve that, but I'm tipping it will happen.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.