Drew Hutchinson signing

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't like this argument personally. We had since last November to sign players for 2024. If we wait until the end of next year to sign players for 2025 it'll be the same outcome. You have to be 1 year ahead in roster management and I know Gus knows this because he's said so himself. Maybe we missed out on a lot of other players.
I think you’ll find the bigger name signings available for 2025 will be announced after some teams get bundled out of the finals. The question is who and how many we snare… anything short of two Marquees for 2025 would be disappointing.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We seem to have plenty of cover. (A 20pk even)
Just no penis to stick 'em on.
I'm sure it'll be fine.
The important thing is, can they roll properly when they're thrown under the bus?
How many will catch a sudden dose of not wanting to work hard enough?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You think that they didn’t know we could sign players for next year from November mate ?

Cmon, you are smarter than that.

My point was that even from November 2022 there was not much out there for 2024.

Hence the signings I named.
NAS, Leniu. Rooster weren't interested in Leniu in November.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ffs….

Ok, so is Taffe cover for Sexton at half? Or Hutchinson cover for Taffe at half? Or salmon cover for Hutchinson who covers Sexton? Or Mann cover for Taffe, Salmon and Hutchinson, or Sexton? Or is Sexton cover for Mann or Salmon? Or…. FFS!!
Enough of these utilities who aren’t good enough to be regular starters at their clubs in permanent positions!

Can we just buy an out and out half and a couple of props ffs???!?!!!
Taaffe is a fullback.
Hutch is an experienced half from a winning side - something we don’t have.
Salmon is an edge backrower.
Mann is a ball playing small forward.

Can’t just sign Tinos and Crichtons each time.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you’ll find the bigger name signings available for 2025 will be announced after some teams get bundled out of the finals. The question is who and how many we snare… anything short of two Marquees for 2025 would be disappointing.
When November hits we need to be signing 2-3 marquees for 2025. A quality experienced half and middles. Anything less and we're just pushing the year back until we're competitive.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Taaffe is a fullback.
Hutch is an experienced half from a winning side - something we don’t have.
Salmon is an edge backrower.
Mann is a ball playing small forward.

Can’t just sign Tinos and Crichtons each time.
Every player you have mentioned cant make their teams 13 so how is that going to improve us

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does not make sense at all with the signings of
Mann, Taaffe and Salmon

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all these 6,7 &13s playing. Burton, Sexton, Taffe, Hutchinson, BBO, KO, O'Neill, Edwards & Morrin (Not top 30 yet), Salmon, Mann. Something smells off...Is Rajab leaving and what about the other young 7 who played for Scotland. I don't like all these signings. Burton is the only regular starter at NRL level amongst them and he has had a very disappointing season.
I saw Rajab has been extended part of awards night

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw Rajab has been extended part of awards night
"the Club has proudly extended contracts with Lipoi Hopoi, Chris Patolo, Sam Hughes, Joseph O’Neil and Khaled Rajab."

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think that they didn’t know we could sign players for next year from November mate ?

Cmon, you are smarter than that.

My point was that even from November 2022 there was not much out there for 2024.

Hence the signings I named.
Yeah a lot of clubs have committed now to the top 20 of 30 and left no space to upgrade players in the next couple of years.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
"the Club has proudly extended contracts with Lipoi Hopoi, Chris Patolo, Sam Hughes, Joseph O’Neil and Khaled Rajab."
Man going to be a lot of halves at the club next year. O'Neil, Rajab, BBO, Hutchinson, Mann, Salmon, KO, Burton and sexton. Surely O'Neil isn't top 30. Would have to be looking at moving on BBO.