Doping allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
"The NRL is in close and productive negotiation with the Australian Crime Commission to establish a formal mechanism by which we can inform individual clubs that they have been the subject of intelligence gathering by the ACC," the NRL said in a statement released on Sunday.

"Tony Whitlam QC is today continuing to assist the NRL in establishing a formal set of procedures with the ACC through which information can be passed to the clubs.

"This framework should be established in 24-48 hours.

"Once this information is passed on the NRL will not, under the guidelines outlined by the ACC, be able to identify the clubs publicly.

"This will be a matter for the individual clubs to consider in consultation with ASADA (Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority), the ACC and the NRL.

"While acknowledging media speculation about the number of clubs today, the NRL remains bound by strict legal constraints and these have been reinforced today by both the ACC and Justice Minister Jason Clare."

News Limited on Sunday speculated that six clubs were involved as part of the ACC's investigation
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/16103722/nrl-fails-to-name-probed-clubs/

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What a farce this all is.

If anyone is found guilty, it will be the administrators and not the players. A bit like Melbourne storm salary cap, the players that were guilty as sin and they KNEW it, got off scott free with no charges of any kind.

So basically players who have been snorting Rhino jizz in order to get more jacked will just need to say they had no idea of what was legal or not and just relied on expert advice from coaching staff and they will have nothing to answer for.
you are correct only if they administered the drugs while the players were in a coma or heavily sedated

the "i didnt know what the coach was giving me" excuse is probably the most common defence for a positive drugs test in sports but i doubt it ever works

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
THE Australian Crime Commission has permitted the NRL and AFL to notify clubs that have been identified in the commission's investigation into drug and crime links to sport.

This from the article has me interested:

"After the ACC report stated one game was being investigated for match-fixing, the AFL denied it was one in their league, leaving an NRL Match as the most likely subject of the probe."Read more here:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...eged-rogue-doper/story-fnducgor-1226575486265

not long to go now.........

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just bumped into a mate who's wife works for the nrl , apparently a former sharks player now playing with penrith is the drug ringleader he did name him but thought I may get in trouble if I do

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just bumped into a mate who's wife works for the nrl , apparently a former sharks player now playing with penrith is the drug ringleader he did name him but thought I may get in trouble if I do
PM please. x

S

Shermy

You know your stuff. You've just nailed it.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like there is 2 players that fit this profile that are listed in their nrl squad !

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
you have basically named him

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
apparently *name removed* said on his facebook that *name removed* is on drugs

Last edited by a moderator:

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Cronulla is about the only club Taumata hasnt played for ... Maybe he isnt in sh!t this time ...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who thinks the player that Brian smith attempted to out is a Prop that played 1 test for Australia?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparently *name removed* said on his facebook that *name removed* is on drugs
Really? It's stupid of him to name names unless he's 100% sure it's not only true, but that the truth (if that is the case) will come out. Big claim.

Who knew *name removed* could be so stupid and act without thinking things through?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really? It's stupid of him to name names unless he's 100% sure it's not only true, but that the truth (if that is the case) will come out. Big claim.

Who knew *name removed* could be so stupid and act without thinking things through?
Panadol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.